Gareth Barry TRANSFER is On * / Off * - *Delete where appropriate

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby OneHotRed » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:30 am

If they have said that Barry is overpriced and not worth it I applaud them, I firmly believe we dont need him and have never needed him, especially for 18 mill

Gotta admit Alonso is much better and younger than barry and to even consider whats been happening over the past four months is bloody stupid, we have loads of central midfielders available - Im glad they stepped in, well done them for the first good thing they did. (and i hate sayingthat)
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:32 am

s@int wrote:Thats the whole point, they arn't saying we can't afford to pay £18million, they are saying Barry is not worth £18million, but player X (Silva?) is!  Are they experts on football, international players and their values, do they know more than someone that has been immersed in football for 30years or more ?

If Rafa says we need another midfield player do they know enough about football to say "no we don't," or "get him instead he's better/ better value?"

Yep, fraid so, silva is worth more to us and they are correct (no matter how much it pains me to say)

Benitez fooked up on this one
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:37 am

s@int wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
s@int wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
If there is any truth in the Bascombe article, they obviously don't trust the manager as much as whoever has advised them (someone must have!) which can only lead to further problems.

I dont think there is truth in that article, if there was a grain of it, we wouldnt have keane.

The reason we got Keane was Rafa sold players to get him. With Barry, Rafa hasn't been able to sell the players yet to fund the Barry purchase, so Hicks and Gillett said they would fund the purchase with yet another loan. Now it appears that after further investigation (advice) they no longer believe Barry is worth the asking price. Presumably if Rafa had managed to offload enough players this deal would have gone through as well, before their recent change of heart.

I guess it all rests on rafas next signing, as I believe there will be one, and for a high price. The price we paid for keane is even minded, as in as much as people say we paid too much there are equal amounts saying its money well spent. With Barry, it wont be, if we sign him he will be another midfielder, not left back, not left midfielder, but simply another midfielder with option of moving him elsewhere.

We will soon see when the season starts.

Thats the whole point, they arn't saying we can't afford to pay £18million, they are saying Barry is not worth £18million, but player X (Silva?) is!  Are they experts on football, international players and their values, do they know more than someone that has been immersed in football for 30years or more ?

If Rafa says we need another midfield player do they know enough about football to say "no we don't," or "get him instead he's better/ better value?"

Im guessing they dont, but im pleased enough to know they are not willing to splash out a daft amount on players that are not worth the amount rafa is willing to spend. This has been the only time the board have said "no", so im guessing they have reps in touch with the fans, mascha was signed as he was worth it and and now they are saying "no" to barry. There agents are amongst us ! its like the bloody matrix !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:38 am

Lfc2007 you are talking in circles. Of course the board have to have the power to say no to the manager with regards to potential signings, f they didn't we would end up like Leeds with Rafa behaving like a kid in a candy store and there would be anarchy. Rafa has been given support in the transfer market and has again been given money, All our sales don't add up to our purchases this transfer window do they?
Is Rafa really throwing his toys out of the pram again, his childish behaviour is starting to annoy me as much as the yanks now.
Also where the hell does Rafa get his valuations from, maybe he is working them out in Euros or even in the old style Pesos! :p
heimdall

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:39 am

Rush Job wrote:Its going to end up like it is on the continent with the CEO's and director of football doing the signing of players and the manager will just be head coach.

The thing is Rushie that at least the Director of football on the continent is usually someone who has experience of football, and is considered an expert on players and their abilities and value.

Hicks and Gillett are not my idea of experts! If they want to bring in say Kenny Dalglish as director of football with Rafa's agreement thats fair enough.
account deleted by request

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:43 am

heimdall wrote:Lfc2007 you are talking in circles. Of course the board have to have the power to say no to the manager with regards to potential signings, f they didn't we would end up like Leeds with Rafa behaving like a kid in a candy store and there would be anarchy. Rafa has been given support in the transfer market and has again been given money, All our sales don't add up to our purchases this transfer window do they?
Is Rafa really throwing his toys out of the pram again, his childish behaviour is starting to annoy me as much as the yanks now.
Also where the hell does Rafa get his valuations from, maybe he is working them out in Euros or even in the old style Pesos! :p

I presume he got the £25million for Alonso idea from a brief discussion with Sabre  :D

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:43 am

heimdall wrote:Lfc2007 you are talking in circles. Of course the board have to have the power to say no to the manager with regards to potential signings, f they didn't we would end up like Leeds with Rafa behaving like a kid in a candy store and there would be anarchy. Rafa has been given support in the transfer market and has again been given money, All our sales don't add up to our purchases this transfer window do they?

LFC2007

Postby Number 9 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:44 am

OneHotRed wrote:
s@int wrote:Thats the whole point, they arn't saying we can't afford to pay £18million, they are saying Barry is not worth £18million, but player X (Silva?) is!  Are they experts on football, international players and their values, do they know more than someone that has been immersed in football for 30years or more ?

Yep, fraid so, silva is worth more to us and they are correct (no matter how much it pains me to say)

Benitez fooked up on this one

When did Silva ever play in the prem and be a success?
You and you're mates are the type of fans that make me fuc'king repulsed and sick!

Silva has proven nothing other than he's light and skillful!
Gareth Barry on the other hand is a proven EPL player and will do well at any team in that League..because he is good enough!
Some of you on here are like women always wanting what ya cant have.

If its not we dont want Barry because MON is being a cu'nt its more like we want Silva because we cant have him...Be very careful what you wish for!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:46 am

s@int wrote:
Rush Job wrote:Its going to end up like it is on the continent with the CEO's and director of football doing the signing of players and the manager will just be head coach.

The thing is Rushie that at least the Director of football on the continent is usually someone who has experience of football, and is considered an expert on players and their abilities and value.

Hicks and Gillett are not my idea of experts! If they want to bring in say Kenny Dalglish as director of football with Rafa's agreement thats fair enough.

They wont be making the decision on their own, they will have advisors, people close to the fans, they will have listened to the Barry chants against Lazio.

They are arsoles but they arent stupid, I think they ddid right with this decision because its obvious they are the correct ones out of them and Rafa this time, i'll bet it will be a once in a lifetime thing though :D
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:51 am

Number 9 wrote:When did Silva ever play in the prem and be a success?
You and you're mates are the type of fans that make me fuc'king repulsed and sick!

Gareth Barry on the other hand is a proven EPL player and will do well at any team in that League..because he is good enough!

If its not we dont want Barry because MON is being a cu'nt its more like we want Silva because we cant have him...Be very careful what you wish for!!

Are you insane? your a moron, I make you sick because i have an opinion on something you dont agree with? - repulsed and sick, you dont even know me you two bit :censored:head

If we all had your views there wouldnt ever be any more foreign players in the PL because they wouldnt be proven.

Jesus get a grip on yourself - did you say the same about torres?

All you are on here is one of them morons who post :censored: to get a rise out of people with your e-penis -  you may aswell just top yourself
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:52 am

s@int wrote:

Not arguing mate, i agree. Just look at chelsea, Kenon and Abramavich seem to make more signings than their manager past or present, they spent over 16m without a manager in charge.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:58 am

OneHotRed wrote:
s@int wrote:

They wont be making the decision on their own, they will have advisors, people close to the fans, they will have listened to the Barry chants against Lazio.

They are arsoles but they arent stupid, I think they ddid right with this decision because its obvious they are the correct ones out of them and Rafa this time, i'll bet it will be a once in a lifetime thing though :D

I think you missed the word disgraceful out mate. The Barry chants were totally out of order and thankfully short lived.

Of course, if they had listened to the fans we would never have got Torres either, as he wasn't prem proven, wasn't a top striker, got most of his goals from penalties and would never make it in the prem.

Transfers are ALWAYS a gamble, Rafa imo has tried to reduce the risk by buying two mature, experienced players to whom the prem will hold little or no surprises.

Postby Number 9 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:01 am

OneHotRed wrote:

Are you insane? your a moron, I make you sick because i have an opinion on something you dont agree with? - repulsed and sick, you dont even know me you two bit :censored:head

If we all had your views there wouldnt ever be any more foreign players in the PL because they wouldnt be proven.

All you are on here is one of them morons who post :censored: to get a rise out of people with your e-penis -  you may aswell just top yourself

:D
Good lad...nice to see a bit of heart felt passion!! :buttrock
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:04 am

s@int wrote:
OneHotRed wrote:
s@int wrote:

I think you missed the word disgraceful out mate. The Barry chants were totally out of order and thankfully short lived.

Of course, if they had listened to the fans we would never have got Torres either, as he wasn't prem proven, wasn't a top striker, got most of his goals from penalties and would never make it in the prem.

Transfers are ALWAYS a gamble, Rafa imo has tried to reduce the risk by buying two mature, experienced players to whom the prem will hold little or no surprises.

I fully agree with you S@int -  I really do, but I cannot say I think the GB move was a good one, I think we would have been "strengthening" the only area I dont think we need it.

If we didnt have alonso, masch, sg, lucas, plessis and others who could come through. little spearing for example then I could see why we would maybe do it, but even so 18m is taking the :censored:, and everyone knows it, as for the silva thing, i dont care if its him or not, I do however think 15m+ pricetags should be saved for people who we could actually sell on afte 2 years for a decent amount.
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:05 am

Number 9 wrote:
OneHotRed wrote:

:D
Good lad...nice to see a bit of heart felt passion!! :buttrock

You just went up ten fold in my estimations lol  :eyebrow
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill