Dirk kuyt...a done deal? - As above

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:34 pm

aCe' wrote:kuyt sux ! we have made many lousy buys in the past few seasons ! diouf,cisse,morientes,diao....enough already ! get a proven striker ! anelka would make a good buy because he isnt all that expensive but doesnt represent value for money....

I would reserve judgement until (if) we sign the guy. I have contacts in Holland they say he is SH*T HOT. Ok, the league might not be the best but I would be confident that, if we did get him, we would be getting a good player.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:51 pm

Why is Kuyt the next Kezman? Because he has a similar record to Kezman? But he also has a similar record to RVN? Could he not be the next RVN? His performances at the World Cup were disappointing, and so were RVNs, both played in a system that didn’t work and left the striker with too much work to do. All this comparison to Kezman is the biggest load of cr@p I have heard in my life, people are just assuming that because he has come from the Dutch league he will fail like Kezman, when in fact the Dutch league has provided so many top players for the Premiership, also remember that Kezman is Serbian so didn’t have the benefit of the “total football” upbringing that has helped Holland produce some of the most well rounded footballers the world has ever seen.

I think Kuyt is good player, he would do well in the Premiership, but I haven’t seen enough to be fully confident in paying 10 Mil.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:57 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:
aCe' wrote:kuyt sux ! we have made many lousy buys in the past few seasons ! diouf,cisse,morientes,diao....enough already ! get a proven striker ! anelka would make a good buy because he isnt all that expensive but doesnt represent value for money....

I would reserve judgement until (if) we sign the guy. I have contacts in Holland they say he is SH*T HOT. Ok, the league might not be the best but I would be confident that, if we did get him, we would be getting a good player.

no, you wouldnt be confident that we'd be getting a good player....thats the whole thing ! he's not a proven striker ! he played well last season in the league....you said it mate...their league is not half as good as the premiership is ! think of it this way....he's overpriced, unproven and comes from a second-rate league
clubs interested: liverpool, newcastle and tottenham!

On the other hand, you got trezeguet... topclass striker if not worldclass...proven record in the world's hardest league..one of the best strikers in the world today...u get him..u know ur making a quality signing (the thing liverpool lacked in signings lately except for a few exceptions)
clubs interested: Liverpool, ManUtd, Inter Milan, Lyon

We get trezeguet....we know we have a 20-25 goal/season striker in our hands (atleast).... at the asked for 13mill....not a gamble at all ! Kuyt, at 10 or 12 mill ... come on ! i dnt think he's worth it...he wouldnt even guarantee a first team spot if u ask me ! 
+ we can always get trexeguet on loan since juve are bak in serieA in a year..cuz they'r only 15 points down at the start of next season !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_indian » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:04 pm

does anyone genuinely know what this player is about and what his real attributes are? Is it possible that he is actually a player in the Bergkamp mould, who although lacking pace has a great footballing mind and can pick out a pass as well as having a decent eye for goal too. If he is of that mould then clearly the Dutch team at the world cup were not playing a system to be able to accomodate such a player - and we know how Bergkamp faired in a bad system at Inter Milan....

Rafa, has a clear plan and vision, knowing that he needs pace in certain situations in the team and at others a player who can unlock a defence or produce something out of nothing, i hope Kuyt is the latter, or at least that Rafa has a clear vision as to how he would fit his system and when too.

Lets see what happens, but the implication seems to be that he is the best option for the money we have available - is Pennant any different in that sense? Trezuguet is not all that either if you ask me.
red_indian

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:06 pm

He is nothing like Bergkamp.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:11 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:He is nothing like Bergkamp.

He is dutch and blonde.  :p
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:13 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:He is nothing like Bergkamp.

He is dutch and blonde.  :p

So is Ciggy, but you wouldent have her in the 11!

:wwww

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:37 pm

For what it's worth, if it's genuinely the case that we're looking at Kuyt, Trezeguet and Anelka, I have to say I'd be delighted to have any of them in the squad.

Any of those would improve our striking options considerably.

All that said, if we make no more signings this summer, all we need to do is keep Pongolle around, and we still go into the new season a lot better looking than we did this time last year.
ivor_the_injun

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:40 pm

i really dont understand why almost everyone around here seems to rate kuyt higher than they do trezeguet ?! based on ?! and bergkamp is really great and all, but not the type of player we need now that we'v got bellamy and crouch and fowler (none of which seems to be a 20+ goals/season lad) ... i wouldnt mind having gerrard as out topscorer for the next 10 years or so...but...we really need someone who can score upfront ! last season...got really frustrated at the lack of firepower in the forward line ! really need to start thinking about this whole forward line thingy more seriouslly !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fowler4ever » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:45 pm

We get trezeguet....we know we have a 20-25 goal/season striker in our hands (atleast)....

i'm not having a pop

but didnt we say that about morientes, and cisse,

both proven strikers in there respected league but failed to make the same impression in the premiership

the only proven striker in the premiership out of the three being brandished around is Anelka

I would still like to see him wear the colours again as I thought he did a really good job for us and now playing with an even better service from Gerrard, Alonso, Kewell and maybe pennant could score even more goals.
fowler4ever

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:51 pm

hehe...mmm....what are you talking about ?! cisse came from the french league....thats another second rate league...and by the way...his stats down there were far more impressive than are kuyt's in holland ! and as for morientes.... he was sidelined in real for a year and a half or two, moved to france....by the time he came to liverpool, it had been 3 seasons since he last played in a 1st rate league as a firstteam player ! and yes i had rated morientes highly before he joined, but not as highly as i do trezeguet now...he's at the prime of his career and his stats in the past couple of seasons are as impressive as they get ! if juventus were'nt relegated, i think a bid of 30mill would hav been what it takes to lure him outta there !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fowler4ever » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:00 pm

He he

he may not have scored as many goals if juve hadn't bought the refs or other teams though, just a thought
trez may be a fantastic striker for us but any foreign player is a risk in the premiership

and I never said they hadn't come from second rate leagues,
I agree the french league isnt up there with the best but
I said they came with a good scoring record in their respective leagues...........and failed to make it here.........

each to there own
fowler4ever

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:01 pm

Let's be honest, Rafa knows more about Kuyt than any of us do. I thought he was poor in the World cup, but to judge someone on two games in a World Cup (one where he was played out of posiion) is a little naive. FFS Diao looked half decent in the 2002 World cup, and he's not even good enough for Birmingham.

If Rafa brings him in, and thinks he will suit our system then I'll trust Rafa on this one. He's clealry got talent as he's scored goals for fun in Holland, let's hope he can prove himself in England if he gets the chance with us.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:04 pm

kuyt was foreign too..last time i checked !
aaand lazio bought the refs too...y wasnt S.inzaghi at 30 goals in 38 starts last season ?!
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:06 pm

im sure rafa would rather get trez....but with his high wage demands and that 13 mill price tag......might be a little out of hand for liverpool's limited tranfer funds !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill