Dirk kuyt...a done deal? - As above

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:05 pm

14 mil just seems too much, 10 Mil is prob the max we will pay. Had we kept Hamann and Barragan and offered them Kromkamp, Dudek and Zenden plus 7/8 Mil we may have been able to agree a deal. But right now a cash deal seems the only option, with a lot depending on what happens with the new right midfielder because that is our top priority.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Graeme Noble » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:52 pm

0asis wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
Graeme Noble wrote:I think Dirk Kuyt could be almost as good as Dennis Bergkamp once was. Obviously not as good, but if he gets played in his ideal position and system he could be on hell of a player!

mate, sorry but i think you need  :help

He certainly is, esepcially comparing a player like Kuyt to a legend of the modern game Dennis Bergkamp.

I said he would almost be as good, if he reaches his best capabilities.
Graeme Noble

Postby cheerios » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:39 am

I hope he doesnt come
cheerios

Postby flipmode » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:56 am

cheerios wrote:I hope he doesnt come

Your reasons?
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:00 am

while i think that over 10 million would be too much to pay for this player,
i find it unfair that some people have judged him on his world cup performances.
some of the games in which he was played out of position.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:15 am

passmeistro_#14 wrote:while i think that over 10 million would be too much to pay for this player,
i find it unfair that some people have judged him on his world cup performances.
some of the games in which he was played out of position.

Sure he was.

But pursuing him now seems a bit stupid.

He's overpriced.

In more recent times, we seem to have incredibly bad luck when it comes to signing foreign players. (with the exempt few of course)

He'll offer nothing to the team.

We already have a target man.

We already have a player who comes to life in the six yard box.

And we already have a player who plays, like Craig Bellamy. (I ran out of things to describe strikers.)

You may say, why Trezeguet then?

Simple.

I say, Trezeguet has a decent scoring record against teams from Serie A, while Kuyt, though he has that phenomenal goal rate too, its against Dutch teams.

Call me wrong, but I think Serie A is better than the Dutch League.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby koro » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:47 am

I say, Trezeguet has a decent scoring record against teams from Serie A, while Kuyt, though he has that phenomenal goal rate too, its against Dutch teams.

Call me wrong, but I think Serie A is better than the Dutch League.

U probably right pal, but Kuyt can play in Wing side area as well.... so we have lot of tactical choice then... Trezeguet is a Good Player buat he can't play in other role... just like u said....
We already have a target man.

:)
Last edited by koro on Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
koro

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:52 am

the player and his agent both need to take a share of the blame if this deal doesn't work out. the fact of the matter is, kuyt has wanted to come to the premiership for over a year now. he's been talking to the likes of van horseface whilst away with the dutch squad and has been told that the premiership is the only place to be.

well if this is the case and he wants to move so badly, why didn't the player and his agent demand some kind of get out clause for the right price? you can't really blame feyenoord for wanting £20m euro's for him now because he's only just signed a new contract a year ago.

having said that i still think there's legs to run on this. feyenoord may well panic the nearer we get to the start of the season and choose to sell him now whilst his stock is higher. if he has a poor season next season then his potential value will shoot down.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:55 pm

Please Rafa   -do Not buy this guy. He was one of the WORST forwards at the world cup. No pace & a poor finisher.

He is a donkey!
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:09 pm

Big Niall wrote:Please Rafa   -do Not buy this guy. He was one of the WORST forwards at the world cup. No pace & a poor finisher.

He is a donkey!

What happened to not judging players on world cup performance alone? Im not saying that i want kuyt to come here but i dont think we should judge him just on his world cup form either. I would prefer we stay well clear because hes not as great a player as his goalscoring record suggests, it was the dutch league afterall but i dont want people to be judging players by how they performed at the world cup
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby weringo » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:15 pm

Didn't he only play one game in the World cup as a centre forward which is his prefered position? Hard enough to judge a player in a few games in the world cup let alone one game
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:11 pm

weringo wrote:Didn't he only play one game in the World cup as a centre forward which is his prefered position? Hard enough to judge a player in a few games in the world cup let alone one game

never stopped Houllier...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flipmode » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:08 pm

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=405800&CPID=8&clid=14&lid=&title=Reds+back+in+for+Kuyt

News from SkySports

Liverpool are reported to have rekindled their interest in Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt.

Reports emanating from Holland claim Liverpool have reopened talks with Feyenoord about signing the Dutch international.

The FA Cup holders have been linked with Kuyt for some time after keeping tabs on his progress at De Kuip.

Kuyt's future at Feyenoord has been the subject of intense speculation for some time with the player considering moving on a for a new challenge.

Liverpool's interest in Kuyt was thought to have waned because of Feyenoord's price tag on the player.

The Dutch giants are thought to be holding out for a fee in the region of £10 million for Kuyt, which initially put Liverpool off.

However, reports are circulating that Liverpool are ready to do business with Feyenoord to bring Kuyt to Anfield.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez is in the market for a new striker having let Fernando Morientes and Djibril Cisse move on and he is trying to raise funds by offloading some of his fringe players.
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:18 pm

flipmode wrote:http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=405800&CPID=8&clid=14&lid=&title=Reds+back+in+for+Kuyt

News from SkySports

Liverpool are reported to have rekindled their interest in Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt.

Reports emanating from Holland claim Liverpool have reopened talks with Feyenoord about signing the Dutch international.

The FA Cup holders have been linked with Kuyt for some time after keeping tabs on his progress at De Kuip.

Kuyt's future at Feyenoord has been the subject of intense speculation for some time with the player considering moving on a for a new challenge.

Liverpool's interest in Kuyt was thought to have waned because of Feyenoord's price tag on the player.

The Dutch giants are thought to be holding out for a fee in the region of £10 million for Kuyt, which initially put Liverpool off.

However, reports are circulating that Liverpool are ready to do business with Feyenoord to bring Kuyt to Anfield.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez is in the market for a new striker having let Fernando Morientes and Djibril Cisse move on and he is trying to raise funds by offloading some of his fringe players.

This makes sense because instead of paying 12mil for alves we will pay 6/7mil for pennant and will therefore have more money to spend on a striker (i.e. Kuyt)
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:27 pm

kuyt sux ! we have made many lousy buys in the past few seasons ! diouf,cisse,morientes,diao....enough already ! get a proven striker ! anelka would make a good buy because he isnt all that expensive but doesnt represent value for money....
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill