Dirk kuyt...a done deal? - As above

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Effes » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:20 pm

This is on BBC.CO.UK

Liverpool head race to sign Kuyt 

Kuyt has previously said he favours a move to England
Liverpool are leading the chase to sign Feyenoord's Dutch striker Dirk Kuyt, according to his agent Rob Jansen
Jansen told BBC Sport that it was "no secret" that the Reds were eager to sign the 25-year-old - but warned they face stiff competition.

"There are some clubs interested in England and in Spain," Jansen confirmed

Earlier this summer Kuyt said he would be keen on a move to Newcastle, while Tottenham, Everton and Arsenal have all been heavily linked with the frontman.

Jansen said he expected Kuyt to leave Holland before the start of the new season and hinted that England was his favoured destination.

"He has a special feeling for the Premier League," Jansen said. "But there are some major clubs playing on a world level in Spain too."

Must admit, while he didn't set the world on fire in the World Cup, I did see some promising things i.e.e
ball control etc that made me think he was OK.

BUT, Anelka has more class
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:36 am

Graeme Noble wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:
Graeme Noble wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:
Graeme Noble wrote:RVN scored a goal. Kuyt did not. However I still think Kuyt would be a good signing for us if we played the correct system!

RVN started 3 games, Kuyt started 1 game.

Kuyt started 2. Portugal and Argentina.

Only played up front in 1 game, played on the left wing in the other.

Well he still started 2 games. In both of those games he looked very poor. However I still think he is a good player, and think he would be better than both Fowler and Crouch!

Better than Fowler and Crouch!?! He may be faster, he may be stronger, but he'll never be BETTER.

Get a Image

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:22 am

Effes wrote:BUT, Anelka has more class

Anelka's going to portsmouth........
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:34 am

According to who? All that Anelka has said is that Portsmouth along with Bolton and Blackburn have contacted him.

If he goes to any of those three clubs it will be Blackburn, they have at least UEFA Cup football to offer.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby marcus.c » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:20 am

Garymac wrote:
marcus.c wrote:
0asis wrote:

Everyone is judging Kuyt on his wc performance, which i think it is not fair at all. If anyone watch the dutch league, you will know how good Kuyt is. If Kuyt is good enough to start in Holland first 11, he is good to start in Liverpool. Is crouch better den Kuyt? I doubt so but of coz there will be others that will jump to crouch defence and say that he contributed in other areas such as, holding up the ball, passing, creating space other den scoring consistantly.

People judge Kuyt on the World Cup because it was there 1st real chance to see him and to be honest he wound me up to fu*k and he went down easier than Drogba, to be honest at times he looked like a right tw*t.

The way he went down reminded me of Heskey, big strong lad but 1st point of contact and he was down like a shot, i hate this in a football but its just the way he plays and its something that doesnt appeal to me, are you telling me he just chose to go down easy just because this was the world cup??

I have no doubt the lad will get goals and looks decent, hes just not the finished article, but if hes willing to change his game id be more than happy, going down in the prem like he did in the World Cup would turn the lad into a laughing stock, just like what happened to Drogba.

I have watched that guy played in the dutch league for sometime now, and that guy does not go down easily. This world cup, he was playing as a lone striker... What i suspect is that he is probably playing that way under the manager's instructions. 

The difference between drogba and Kuyt, comparing last season play, was that.... drogba cheated his way and Kuyt did not.
marcus.c

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:15 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Graeme Noble wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:
Graeme Noble wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:
Graeme Noble wrote:RVN scored a goal. Kuyt did not. However I still think Kuyt would be a good signing for us if we played the correct system!

RVN started 3 games, Kuyt started 1 game.

Kuyt started 2. Portugal and Argentina.

Only played up front in 1 game, played on the left wing in the other.

Well he still started 2 games. In both of those games he looked very poor. However I still think he is a good player, and think he would be better than both Fowler and Crouch!

Better than Fowler and Crouch!?! He may be faster, he may be stronger, but he'll never be BETTER.

Get a Image

Better than Fowler ... NO but better than PC .... YES ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby The_Rock » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:58 am

LFCFan4Life wrote:If he goes to any of those three clubs it will be Blackburn, they have at least UEFA Cup football to offer.

According to who  :glare:
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:34 am

The_Rock wrote:
Effes wrote:BUT, Anelka has more class

He hasnt signed yet. Infact if anything hes holding out for another club, prefferably one playing in the Champions league.

He was quoted a few days agop saying Liverpool was the best club he aver played for. I wonder what Rafas views are on him.

You can talk about baggage as much as you want but if Rafa was prepared to take on Craig Bellamy then Anelka wont be anoy tougher a task. That is of course if Rafa is considering him.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:45 am

from sky sports

Dirk Kuyt's agent has insisted that he is not in talks with Liverpool or any other clubs.

The Feyenoord striker is the subject of constant speculation about his future at De Kuip.

Liverpool and Newcastle are just two of a host of clubs understood to be monitoring Kuyt's situation.

However, Rob Jansen insists no talks are taking place with any side and they would not unless anyone agreed terms firstly with Feyenoord.

"No, absolutely not," he told Algemeen Dagblad when asked if Kuyt was set to sign for Liverpool.

When asked if he was in talks, he replied: "No and also not with any other English club.

"If a foreign side not want to pay the demanded fee, Dirk will stay at Feyenoord. It's that simple. The club and the player has excellent agreements.

"It's know many clubs are interested. However this isn't concrete, all stories are just speculation."
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:06 pm

Well according to the bbc website, Kuyt's agent has quoted that Liverpool are "heading the race to sign him" so which story do you believe? I think we're pretty much nailed on to get him if I'm honest.

Infact, sod it, if Kuyt doesn't come here I'm going to change my username to "little fairy girl".

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:14 pm

stmichael wrote:Well according to the bbc website, Kuyt's agent has quoted that Liverpool are "heading the race to sign him" so which story do you believe? I think we're pretty much nailed on to get him if I'm honest.

Infact, sod it, if Kuyt doesn't come here I'm going to change my username to "little fairy girl".

Sorry mike but that's going in my sig so i don't forget that you said it  :D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:16 pm

stmichael wrote:Infact, sod it, if Kuyt doesn't come here I'm going to change my username to "little fairy girl".

Oh dear! foot in mouth possibility
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:19 pm

Just heard, we have got Trez on loan, Kuyt is staying where he is for one more season... cant believe one of our moderaters is a little fairy girl!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:23 pm

dawson99 wrote:Just heard, we have got Trez on loan, Kuyt is staying where he is for one more season... cant believe one of our moderaters is a little fairy girl!

Is that a wind up mate ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:26 pm

no, its what ive heard where i work. we wont buy kuyt til we get the cisse money next season, and trez on loan suits both parties.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill