Dirk kuyt...a done deal? - As above

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Garymac » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:46 am

marcus.c wrote:
0asis wrote:

Everyone is judging Kuyt on his wc performance, which i think it is not fair at all. If anyone watch the dutch league, you will know how good Kuyt is. If Kuyt is good enough to start in Holland first 11, he is good to start in Liverpool. Is crouch better den Kuyt? I doubt so but of coz there will be others that will jump to crouch defence and say that he contributed in other areas such as, holding up the ball, passing, creating space other den scoring consistantly.

People judge Kuyt on the World Cup because it was there 1st real chance to see him and to be honest he wound me up to fu*k and he went down easier than Drogba, to be honest at times he looked like a right tw*t.

The way he went down reminded me of Heskey, big strong lad but 1st point of contact and he was down like a shot, i hate this in a football but its just the way he plays and its something that doesnt appeal to me, are you telling me he just chose to go down easy just because this was the world cup??

I have no doubt the lad will get goals and looks decent, hes just not the finished article, but if hes willing to change his game id be more than happy, going down in the prem like he did in the World Cup would turn the lad into a laughing stock, just like what happened to Drogba.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby gary106 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:10 pm

stmichael wrote:
gary106 wrote:i really hope we dont sign him and waste what money we have available. his world cup performances were very very poor for all to see. shows that when he comes up against decent opposition he cant hack it.

by that token, lets get rid of gerrard. he had a poor world cup which proves he can't hack it against the very best? ???

get a grip. you can't judge a player on a handful of world cup performances, when he was played out of position the majority of the time.

ok i maybe should of added that on the performances of him in the world cup and what ive seen of him i wouldnt like him at our club.

even his goals/games record for the dutch isnt nearl impressive
gary106

Postby hwangeruk » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:28 pm

0asis wrote:would turn the lad into a laughing stock, just like what happened to Drogba.

I Hate Drogba along with the rest of the world, but I'll take horrible and a Premiership trophy in the cabinet over cucumber sandwiches and the queensbury rules or entertainment. 
*Anything* to not let Chelsea win for another year.

I must be the only person in the whole world who thought Kuyt looked pretty good. He was big, strong, fast and a fekking nuisance. I'd love to watch him bustle girly haired Ferdinand or cheating scum Carvalho about.
hwangeruk

Postby jamie2006 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:30 pm

sorry to disrupt your forum guys this may be interest hopefully no body on this forum has been stung

WARNING FAKE LIVERPOOL AUTOGRAPHS

Michael Owen, Stevie Gerrard, Jamie Carragher and Ian Rush are star witnesses in one of the cases against offender Sporting Icons Ltd

Please be warned it has came to light recently that the person named below have been selling via Ebay and also from his website proven fake sports memorabilia his main area has been Liverpool Football Club this has been confirmed after expert analysis and examination from several UACC registered dealers who have been monitoring Mr Hayes for several months now after complaints regarding authenticy of his signed Liverpool memorabilia the person is Mr Gary Hayes of 17 Dorchester Park, Runcorn, WA7 1QA - 01928 579671. If you have purchased from Mr Hayes via his Ebay store garyhayes2005 or his website www.garyhayesfootballmemorabilia.com Mr Hayes has also been thought to be using other alias names on ebay aswell to sell his fake football memorabilia. Please visit www.isitreal.com and visit the discussion forum for updates and also www.scamsonebay.co.uk or visit ebay and search ebay stores for garyhayes2005 and see within the community Groups a group called AUTOGRAPH COLLECTORS these will give you more info relating to to Gary Hayes.

If you have purchased from Gary Hayes and are unsure to authenticy of item it is quite likely it will be a fake get all your records ebay item number, date, price and also The Certificate of Authenticy supplied by Gary Hayes and send all information to your local trading standards branch or contact the UACC through www.uacc.org

Alot of rogue sellers have been prosecuted by police with co-operation with trading standards and also UACC who are an autograph club. Most recently a sports memorabilia shop in Chester has been charged and will be facing court to determine sentence company is called

Sporting Icons Limited.
29 Watergate Row,
Chester.
CH1 2LE
01244 401546

Liverpool current and former stars including Michael Owen, Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher and Ian Rush are involved in the case.

Sporting Icons Ltd website is www.sporting-icons.com

Two persons charged are managing director Mr Graeme Walker, 43, of Mountain View Close, Connah's Quay, north Wales and also Mr Madani, 42, of Bramhall, Stockport

Please see following link http://www.isitreal.com/index.php?option=c...id=637&Itemid=1
jamie2006

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:45 pm

Looks like Ian Dowies love childs going to be a Red then  :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:53 pm

Ciggy wrote:Looks like Ian Dowies love childs going to be a Red then  :buttrock

Say you're lying?

Anelka or Kuyt, decision, decisions.

It's gotta be Anelka.
48-1119859832

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:02 pm

:down: What a change from the Hunks in my avatar and sig, these 4 will scare the sh1t out of every defender in Europe  :D

There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:08 pm

Ciggy wrote:Looks like Ian Dowies love childs going to be a Red then  :buttrock

Is that for sure Lynds?

From what I saw before it was all quiet on the Kuyt front as far as we were concearned.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:12 pm

Alonso14 wrote:If we do sign Kuyt (sorry goat) do think he could be used on the right wing? Someone mentioned that he originally a right winger who converted striker because he scored so many. Maybe thats the way Rafa's thinking?  ???

Oh god not another Cisse
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:50 pm

People are going way over the top on Kuyt’s world cup performances, I actually thought he showed some encouraging signs in a system that left him seriously isolated and often battling alone for scraps with 3 opposition players. Van Basten didn’t make that system work at all, did RVN do any better?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Graeme Noble » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:53 pm

RVN scored a goal. Kuyt did not. However I still think Kuyt would be a good signing for us if we played the correct system!
Graeme Noble

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:06 pm

Graeme Noble wrote:RVN scored a goal. Kuyt did not. However I still think Kuyt would be a good signing for us if we played the correct system!

RVN started 3 games, Kuyt started 1 game.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Graeme Noble » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:10 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:
Graeme Noble wrote:RVN scored a goal. Kuyt did not. However I still think Kuyt would be a good signing for us if we played the correct system!

Kuyt started 2. Against Portugal and Argentina.
Graeme Noble

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:12 pm

Graeme Noble wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:

Kuyt started 2. Portugal and Argentina.

Only played up front in 1 game, played on the left wing in the other.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Graeme Noble » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:13 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:
Graeme Noble wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:

Kuyt started 2. Portugal and Argentina.

Only played up front in 1 game, played on the left wing in the other.

Well he still started 2 games. In both of those games he looked very poor. However I still think he is a good player, and think he would be better than both Fowler and Crouch!
Graeme Noble

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill