Dirk kuyt...a done deal? - As above

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 48-1119859832 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:02 pm

*Double Post*  :D
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:14 pm

to be honest, i'd rather see us loan/buy Trezeguet.  Although his wages would be higher, we wouldn't have to cough up 10+ million for a striker who is unproven at the highest level...and by highest level, i mean one of the major European leagues.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:04 pm

stmichael wrote:I have also read that Kuyt apparently has an escape clause in his contract of £10.3m.

That bit about the escape clause makes me question the credibility of the story. If there was an escape clause, LFC would know because Benitez has been talking with Kuyt's agent for over 12 months. I think the agent may just have mentioned a little thing like that, don't you? The rest of the article seems plausible enough, but time will tell.

Strange. Im sure they refused a 12m bid from Tottenham last year.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:57 pm

From icliverpool.co.uk

Reds deny Kuyt transferJul 18 2006

By David Prentice, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL are "mystified" by reports claiming they are on the brink of landing Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt.

Morning newspaper reports claim the Reds are on the brink of landing the Dutch international for £10m.

But Liverpool have not renewed interest in the player since their only bid to date - a player plus cash offer - was rejected.

Feyenoord want a straight-cash deal for their top scorer, but with the Reds still keen to land Seville's Daniel Alves, they will not sanction a fee in excess of £10m.

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

Feyenoord set Liverpool a deadline of last Sunday to meet their demands - a deadline the Reds allowed to pass with no fresh approach.

Kuyt himself is desperate to resolve his future, and failed to turn up for pre-season training yesterday - when a new team picture was taken without him on it.

But if Liverpool is to be his eventual destination, Feyenoord will have to lower their demands significantly.

Reds chief executive Rick Parry, meanwhile, says the club's plans to move to a new stadium are on course.

The Reds must prove they have raised £160m for the 60,000-capacity ground in Stanley Park by the end of July or face losing £20m in development grants.

Parry said: "There is a lot of work going on and the situation is coming to a head.

"It is something we are determined to bring off. Too much work has gone into it for us to fail at this hurdle."

* Antonio Barragan's £1.7m Deportivo La Coruna move is almost complete.

I'd rather we got alves deal wrapped up and trezeguet on loan, much better business imo. With parry seeming so sure about the stadium i wonder if we have investment in the pipeline.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby GOAT » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:48 pm

davo_LFC wrote:From icliverpool.co.uk

LIVERPOOL are "mystified" by reports claiming they are on the brink of landing Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt.

Morning newspaper reports claim the Reds are on the brink of landing the Dutch international for £10m.

But Liverpool have not renewed interest in the player since their only bid to date - a player plus cash offer - was rejected.

Feyenoord want a straight-cash deal for their top scorer, but with the Reds still keen to land Seville's Daniel Alves, they will not sanction a fee in excess of £10m.

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

Feyenoord set Liverpool a deadline of last Sunday to meet their demands - a deadline the Reds allowed to pass with no fresh approach.

Kuyt himself is desperate to resolve his future, and failed to turn up for pre-season training yesterday - when a new team picture was taken without him on it.

But if Liverpool is to be his eventual destination, Feyenoord will have to lower their demands significantly.

Reds chief executive Rick Parry, meanwhile, says the club's plans to move to a new stadium are on course.

The Reds must prove they have raised £160m for the 60,000-capacity ground in Stanley Park by the end of July or face losing £20m in development grants.

Parry said: "There is a lot of work going on and the situation is coming to a head.

"It is something we are determined to bring off. Too much work has gone into it for us to fail at this hurdle."

I'd rather we got alves deal wrapped up and trezeguet on loan, much better business imo. With parry seeming so sure about the stadium i wonder if we have investment in the pipeline.

Im glad about that, i would rather we get alves and trezeguet on loan
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby matrix » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:25 pm

Benitez says no to Kuyt
2006-07-18 17:43
Liverpool have distanced themselves from reports that they are on the verge of signing Dirk Kuyt from Feyenoord. 
Speculation had suggested that the Reds were close to landing the Dutch international forward for around £10million in the next 48 hours.

Reds boss Rafael Benitez was previously interested in the player - but offered a cash plus player swap - something which the De Kuip outfit were not keen on. 
Feyenoord were believed to have set Liverpool a deadline of Sunday for Kuyt's transfer, but it appears Benitez has ended his interest in the attacker is now looking elsewhere.

Kuyt meanwhile, has not returned to pre-season training with the Dutch club, and following news that Newcastle will not be pursuing their interest in him, it appears Kuyt could stay in Holland.

Liverpool will now turn their attentions to Juventus striker David Trezeguet, who could be available on loan for next season, following the relegation of the Turin club to Serie B for their involvement in the match-fixing scandal that rocked Italian football.

so many rumours going round at the moment...  :O   ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:43 pm

GOAT wrote:

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

lol, I guess that the way you mention it in every thread  :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aaron » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:16 pm

I still dont understand why Rafa dosnt try for Defoe. He has played at the top level and scores at the top level. I dont see any reason why he wouldnt be a good signing. :sniffle
City 'till I Die
Aaron

Postby GOAT » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:18 pm

Paul C wrote:
GOAT wrote:

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

lol, I guess that the way you mention it in every thread  :D

:D I like to make my point clear!
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Alonso14 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:21 pm

If we do sign Kuyt (sorry goat) do think he could be used on the right wing? Someone mentioned that he originally a right winger who converted striker because he scored so many. Maybe thats the way Rafa's thinking?  ???
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:35 pm

This might seem a bit controversial, but if pompey are allowed to get Anelka on loan, id honestly rather see him at Liverpool.

Hes better than all the strikers we have been linked with, would give us something a hell of a lot different to what we have, and has also said he would love to come back to us one day.

Hes had a :censored: up of a career but you cant deny the lads talent, at 27 still has plenty to offer and he looked happier at Liverpool than at any other club in recent years.

Not the most obvious but id love to see him back, ive been put off by Kuyt during the World Cup, probably not fair to judge him on that but he was gash, didnt look commited, went down awfully easy and really didnt impress.

I do think he would score goals for us, but then so did Cisse, and im sure he would struggle in England.

As for Kuyt on the right wing, not a chance, do we want another Heskey/Diouf/Baros/Cisse on our hands, we want a striker who is a striker, and a winger who is a winger, you have to be an exceptional player to look great in 2 totally different positions, and Kuyt isnt.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:43 pm

He won't be any good on the wing, he's a striker simple as!!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby marcus.c » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:08 am

[quote="0asis"][/quote]
Everyone is judging Kuyt on his wc performance, which i think it is not fair at all. If anyone watch the dutch league, you will know how good Kuyt is. If Kuyt is good enough to start in Holland first 11, he is good to start in Liverpool. Is crouch better den Kuyt? I doubt so but of coz there will be others that will jump to crouch defence and say that he contributed in other areas such as, holding up the ball, passing, creating space other den scoring consistantly.
marcus.c

Postby tubby » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:39 am

DCFC wrote:I still dont understand why Rafa dosnt try for Defoe. He has played at the top level and scores at the top level. I dont see any reason why he wouldnt be a good signing. :sniffle

He may well be behind the scenes. With an English player of his talent and age it would be very easy for his price to inflate quickly. And Spurs have yet to find a replacment for him should they even wish to sell. berbatov was Midos replacment as they did not wish to make his move permanent.

However with Van Nistelrooy set to leave Utd could well be in the run in for Defoe.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:45 am

marcus.c wrote:
0asis wrote:

Everyone is judging Kuyt on his wc performance, which i think it is not fair at all. If anyone watch the dutch league, you will know how good Kuyt is. If Kuyt is good enough to start in Holland first 11, he is good to start in Liverpool. Is crouch better den Kuyt? I doubt so but of coz there will be others that will jump to crouch defence and say that he contributed in other areas such as, holding up the ball, passing, creating space other den scoring consistantly.

People judge Kuyt on the World Cup because it was there 1st real chance to see him and to be honest he wound me up to fu*k and he went down easier than Drogba, to be honest at times he looked like a right tw*t.

The way he went down reminded me of Heskey, big strong lad but 1st point of contact and he was down like a shot, i hate this in a football but its just the way he plays and its something that doesnt appeal to me, are you telling me he just chose to go down easy just because this was the world cup??

I have no doubt the lad will get goals and looks decent, hes just not the finished article, but if hes willing to change his game id be more than happy, going down in the prem like he did in the World Cup would turn the lad into a laughing stock, just like what happened to Drogba.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill