Dirk kuyt...a done deal? - As above

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:00 pm

10m is a huge risk we cant afford to pay out big money for some-one who is unproven at high level but in rafa we trust

Me too but I watched the game holland vs Portugal, Kuyt played as a striker and I must said that he is better than our PC.

Kuty can "hold" the ball, he can run fast ( infact faster than PC ) , his dribbling is much better than PC.
When the ball given to him, most of the time he will "look" forward and try to dribble to "take" on defender .

NOT like PC, once the ball give to him, 99% he will "pass" back to other player 1sec later.

WOW, if we manage to sign him, i think next season 99% will be a better season for liverpool.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Paul C » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:39 pm

Fook it lets just bid on 'the horse' :D

From teamtalk:

Kuyt dreams of Premiership switch

Holland ace Dirk Kuyt has revealed he will talk to his agent in the next few days and discuss the possibility of a move away from Feyenoord.

Kuyt will take 48 hours to get over the bitter disappointment of his country's World Cup exit but will then set his mind on securing a "dream" move to England.

Liverpool and Newcastle are believed to be among a host of top clubs interested in signing the 25-year-old, preferred to Ruud van Nistelrooy in Holland's starting line-up for Sunday night's 1-0 defeat to Portugal.

And, with a move abroad almost certain, Kuyt admits he wants his future secured as soon as possible.

He said: "If I am going to leave Feyenoord, I would prefer to make the decision quickly. That would be the best thing for everyone.

"I spoke with my manager (Erwin Koeman) before the World Cup and decided not to do anything until the tournament was over.

"I will call him in a few days' time to see if there is any interest but I would love to play in England and there are a few clubs I dream about playing for.

"It is not smart to talk about these things but if the right club wanted me, I would make the decision."

Meanwhile, Kuyt revealed Van Nistelrooy was fully supportive of him prior to the encounter with Portugal, even though he was the direct beneficiary of Marco van Basten's decision to axe the Manchester United striker from his starting line-up.

"Ruud handled the situation very well and he wished me all the best," said Kuyt.

"He is a fantastic player and someone I really look up to. He was - and still is - an idol of mine."
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:56 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
10m is a huge risk we cant afford to pay out big money for some-one who is unproven at high level but in rafa we trust

Me too but I watched the game holland vs Portugal, Kuyt played as a striker and I must said that he is better than our PC.

Kuty can "hold" the ball, he can run fast ( infact faster than PC ) , his dribbling is much better than PC.
When the ball given to him, most of the time he will "look" forward and try to dribble to "take" on defender .

NOT like PC, once the ball give to him, 99% he will "pass" back to other player 1sec later.

WOW, if we manage to sign him, i think next season 99% will be a better season for liverpool.

This "analysis" is the biggest load of "sh!te" I've "read" today.  But, there's no point going back over "PC's" qualities with you since you seem patently unable to "grasp" even the basics of football.  What you do seem to focus on, though, is "goalscoring" based on your previous "contributions" to this board.  So let me put it in terms you may "understand":

World Cup 2006:

1) Dirk Kuyt (Netherlands)...goals scored: 0
2) Peter Crouch (England)...goals scored: 1 (match winner) and counting

Satisfied?  :O
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:59 pm

Bad Bob wrote:This "analysis" is the biggest load of "sh!te" I've "read" today. 

No need to elaborate on that Bob :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:06 pm

Dirk Kuyt has been pretty pants so far, and im not going with this weather was bad :censored:. its the same for everyone but other players are looking decent
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:41 pm

World Cup 2006:

Satisfied?   

Well what can i say ??

You cant compare England with Holland .... ( to all Holland fans ) sad to said that England ,this year they are better team .

Let compare the player only
Kuyt played the first time full 90 min of football (vs Portugal) and the other two matches he played as the winger ( maybe played less than 20 min each ). As for PC , the first three matches he played all 90 min , only manage to score 1 goal and was "drop" vs with Ecuador, but maybe ( maybe not) he will be play vs Portugal.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby GOAT » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:01 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
World Cup 2006:

Satisfied?   

Well what can i say ??

You cant compare England with Holland .... ( to all Holland fans ) sad to said that England ,this year they are better team .

Kuyt played the first time full 90 min of football (vs Portugal) and the other two matches he played as the winger ( maybe played less than 20 min each ). As for PC , the first three matches he played all 90 min , only manage to score 1 goal and was "drop" vs with Ecuador, but maybe ( maybe not) he will be play vs Portugal.

Yooou talk shiiiiiit ohh yesss you dooooooo!
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:10 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
World Cup 2006:

Satisfied?   

Well what can i say ??

First of all, how are England a better team than the Netherlands and what does that have to say about the form of either player?  Explain what you mean with that statement.

As for playing time, you're wrong about how much Kuyt has played and where:

Minutes played--Dirk Kuyt:

1) 21 minutes vs Serbia/Montenegro (right wing)
2) 0 minutes vs Cote D'Ivoire
3) 90 minutes vs Argentina (started on the left but played the last 24 minutes as centre forward)
4) 90 minutes vs Portugal (all at centre forward)

Total= 201 minutes, 0 goals

Minutes played--Peter Crouch

1) 90 minutes vs Paraguay
2) 90 minutes vs T &T
3) 85 minutes vs Sweden
4) 0 minutes vs Ecuador

Total=265 minutes, 1 goal (again, I emphasize, a match winner)

As for Crouch being dropped...again, explain why you think that is significant with regard to your comparison with Kuyt?

I usually ignore your posts because, while I disagree with them, they are generally fairly innocuous.  As for bigging up Kuyt, that's your prerogative and I've got no problem with that. 

But, your constant jabs at Crouch are just ridiculous.  You claim to be a Liverpool supporter and that you love the club.  Why, then, can you not get behind a Liverpool player who is having a very good World Cup, has scored an important goal for his country and has contributed a lot to the English team?  Why must you constantly, and I must add, absolutely incorrectly, slag Crouch?  If Rafa's the genius that you say he is, don't you think he deserves a lot of credit for spotting the potential in Crouch and cultivating it over the last 12 months to the point where he's a firmly-established international?

Your lack of football understanding is mind-boggling enough but your need to keep taking the p!ss out of Crouch is well out of order.      Unbelievable!  :angry:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby GOAT » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:50 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:
World Cup 2006:

Satisfied?   

Well what can i say ??

First of all, how are England a better team than the Netherlands and what does that have to say about the form of either player?  Explain what you mean with that statement.

As for playing time, you're wrong about how much Kuyt has played and where:

Minutes played--Dirk Kuyt:

1) 21 minutes vs Serbia/Montenegro (right wing)
2) 0 minutes vs Cote D'Ivoire
3) 90 minutes vs Argentina (started on the left but played the last 24 minutes as centre forward)
4) 90 minutes vs Portugal (all at centre forward)

Total= 201 minutes, 0 goals

Minutes played--Peter Crouch

1) 90 minutes vs Paraguay
2) 90 minutes vs T &T
3) 85 minutes vs Sweden
4) 0 minutes vs Ecuador

Total=265 minutes, 1 goal (again, I emphasize, a match winner)

As for Crouch being dropped...again, explain why you think that is significant with regard to your comparison with Kuyt?

I usually ignore your posts because, while I disagree with them, they are generally fairly innocuous.  As for bigging up Kuyt, that's your prerogative and I've got no problem with that. 

But, your constant jabs at Crouch are just ridiculous.  You claim to be a Liverpool supporter and that you love the club.  Why, then, can you not get behind a Liverpool player who is having a very good World Cup, has scored an important goal for his country and has contributed a lot to the English team?  Why must you constantly, and I must add, absolutely incorrectly, slag Crouch?  If Rafa's the genius that you say he is, don't you think he deserves a lot of credit for spotting the potential in Crouch and cultivating it over the last 12 months to the point where he's a firmly-established international?

Your lack of football understanding is mind-boggling enough but your need to keep taking the p!ss out of Crouch is well out of order.      Unbelievable!  :angry:

Oh ive got used to hearing people slag crouch off no matter what he does, lots of my mates take it upon themselves to say "crouch is sh.it" with no reasoning or have a pop at him frequently even when hes doing well. Madman is just another one who talks a load of sh.it, just learn to ignore them, they dont know what they are talking about
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby davo_LFC » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:58 pm

I'd say luca toni or even iaquinta would be better options than kuyt. Fiorentina are one of the teams being investigated for match fixing and if they are relegated many teams will be looking to get toni on el cheapo. I doubt they will get relegated like but even if they dont i'd rather spend 10 mil on iaquinta than on kuyt. Toni would possibly be too much wonga but he looks like a real good striker, any chance of a shot and he will hit it. He hasnt been on fire in this worldcup but his all round game looks good to me. Iaquinta has good movement and a bit of pace aswell as being good at link up play. His finishing seems decent aswell although he missed a good chance today. My point is that at this moment in time, there are a few strikers i'd consider spending my money on rather than kuyt. However, kuyt does seem to be rafa's kind of striker. Hes hard working and even though he didnt show it last night he does have decent link up play. Hes not as slow as some would suggest but i cant believe how he could be worth 10mil+.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby gato_busta » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:02 pm

Bad Bob wrote:You claim to be a Liverpool supporter and that you love the club.

He's a Cisse fan, not a Liverpool supporter :rasp  . That's why he doesn't support Crouch or any other player which is not the Lord of Frodsham (or however it was spelled).
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:05 pm

i do like crouch but he just reminds me of carlton palmer and that puts me off lol

he just doesnt 'look' like a good player. hes awkward and just funny. but he is better than kuyt
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:25 pm

I knew this would happen after seeing last nights game. I knew that a load of d!ckheads would be saying not to bother with Kuyt after judging him on a few internationals. How many of you have watched much
Dutch football this season? I bet a handful of you have - but not many.
I don't think we can judge anyone on internationals.  Two of our best ever players - John Barnes and Kenny Dalglish - never set the world alight at international level. It didn't do Liverpool FC any harm did it?
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:29 pm

gato_busta wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:You claim to be a Liverpool supporter and that you love the club.

He's a Cisse fan, not a Liverpool supporter :rasp  . That's why he doesn't support Crouch or any other player which is not the Lord of Frodsham (or however it was spelled).

That's the thing, mates (GB and Goat)...

The Crouch slagging I can take from non-Liverpool supporters (it's all part of the fun!).  I can even handle it from Liverpool fans if they've got a valid footballing point to make or even, like our friend Dawson (above), are honest enough to say that he's not their cup of tea because he's a tad awkward-looking.

What I cannot stomach are (primarily) Cisse supporters who cannot make a case for their guy without inevitably and quite inaccurately dragging Crouch into it.  WTF does Crouch have to do with whether Cisse's good enough for LFC or not?  In this thread, WTF does Crouch have to do with whether Kuyt is good enough for LFC or not?  These numpties always drag this argument in as if it's the last word on the subject: 'well, at least Striker X is better than Crouch' they say, as if we're all going to:

1) Support their dimwitted assessment of Crouch
2) Agree that the Crouch comparison makes all of Cisse's, Kuyt's or whoever's shortcomings go away

Well, I'm not having that.  If you, Liverpool Madman, want to make a case for Kuyt in a Liverpool shirt than get off your a.rse, do some research on the lad and make your bloody case.  Don't just dust off the 'at least he's better than Crouch' mantra.  It's tired, unfair and not at all convincing.  :angry:

Rant over!

PS--Goat, mate, I'll be taking your advice from now on and ignoring this knob but that needed saying!

PPS--NiftyNeil, I'm not dismissing Kuyt (I thought he showed some promise yesterday), I'm just tired of the Crouch comparison bollox
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:30 pm

NiftyNeil wrote:I knew this would happen after seeing last nights game. I knew that a load of d!ckheads would be saying not to bother with Kuyt after judging him on a few internationals. How many of you have watched much
Dutch football this season? I bet a handful of you have - but not many.
I don't think we can judge anyone on internationals.  Two of our best ever players - John Barnes and Kenny Dalglish - never set the world alight at international level. It didn't do Liverpool FC any harm did it?

yeah but dutch football is more or less division one nowadays and we aint  gonna buy any of those players either. Ive watched Kuyt a bit over the past few months and in all honesty i wouldnt pay over 4 mill tops for the lad
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill