Diego forlan to liverpool - Agent plays down talks

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:24 am

If we sign Forlan for a big sum, we'll be the laughing stock for the Mancs for sure. To sign one of their rejects or to even think about it is just a f*cking insult to all Liverpool fans if you ask me. The board at  LFC better wise the f*ck up. I'm sick of these sh*tty rumors about us signing sh*tty players.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:06 am

i just hope gerrard and carragher speak up if a deal with forlan is on the horizon

it would be one of the most embarassing things that could ever happen to a liverpool fan.

2 million and it still would be a laughing stock but 16 doesnt bare thinking about

16 would make diego forlan our record transfer.

please say its not true
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:07 am

ince at the time was a good signing

manc or no manc,he was a top class signing at the time.
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:54 am

LittleHobo wrote:ince at the time was a good signing

manc or no manc,he was a top class signing at the time.

agree. ince was class at that time. im sure none of you guys would complain if it was ruud or christiano who were joining us. the once a manc always a manc theory doesnt work 100%. peter beardsley?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby mungi » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:10 am

i think rafa is waiting till la liga finsihes before he talks to eto or villa
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:22 am

mungi wrote:i think rafa is waiting till la liga finsihes before he talks to eto or villa

I dont think the money is there to pay for either.  Eto'o doesnt even want to leave and Villa would take a huge fee to even get the ball rolling.
puroresu

Postby Scouse_legend » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:36 am

There is the money to by them 2 players u plebend

Scouse_legend

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 am

redhayesy wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:I actually think he is a very good player, far better than he showed at united.

If it was as a third or fourth option and it wasnt silly money then i'd be interested.
Obviously not at 16 million and as our supposed big name striker signing though  :no

your taking the p1ss,surely! forlan is sh1t, but even worse
than that he"s an ex fecking manc :censored:, fecking makes my blood boil just thinking he is even mentioned joining
us. :veryangry

Totally disagree, are you basing your opinion on when he played for united or what he has showed since he left ?
He was decent in the world cup, is two footed, had decent movement and can score different kinds of goals.
Far better player than most would give him credit for, because of his links with united and his poor form when he played in the premiership.

As i said as an option, 3rd or 4th choice i would deffo have him, but not at 16 million or as the main striker coming in.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:17 pm

simple answer is no we can do much better i would have owen back in a flash than have a ex manc

he could score before he went to mancs but couldn`t do it in the prem now he is netting in spain again!!  why would you think he can make in the prem this time nothing has changed, he is no better now then when he was here before

please don`t do it rafa  :(
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:37 pm

Scouse_legend wrote:There is the money to by them 2 players u plebend

So u honestly belive there is £60 million (£30 million each minimum) to spend on 2 players.  Get real!!!
puroresu

Postby Pedro Maradona » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:02 pm

bring back neil mellor....
if we are reduced to buying diego forlan there is something drastically wrong........... It is actually depressing and to think around this time 20 years ago we bought a player of the calibre of John Barnes and now we seem to be scouring around for ex man utd rejects (comparing Beardsley and Forlan isnt the same)...and I dont care how well Forlan has done in the couple of years since leaving Utd.... Its actually embarrasing. Wish Rafa would come out and say we arent interested in Forlan, end of story.:angry:
Pedro Maradona

Postby flamingpoe » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:18 pm

diego forlan is not a bad player, but i agree with pedro maradona we need to be pulling out a stunning player upfront, because i read in the papers that newcastle wanna sign giuly, and if they can afford him surely we could afford some 1 stunning!, cause united are like we think we might buy fernando torres, and apart from the premiership season win wtf should they have to spend with the almost bankrupt glazer brothers, so come on rafa please buy a bloody decent forward!!!!!!!!!! ps one word of advice forlan is no such player!!!
flamingpoe

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:34 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
redhayesy wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:I actually think he is a very good player, far better than he showed at united.

If it was as a third or fourth option and it wasnt silly money then i'd be interested.
Obviously not at 16 million and as our supposed big name striker signing though  :no

your taking the p1ss,surely! forlan is sh1t, but even worse
than that he"s an ex fecking manc :censored:, fecking makes my blood boil just thinking he is even mentioned joining
us. :veryangry

Totally disagree, are you basing your opinion on when he played for united or what he has showed since he left ?
He was decent in the world cup, is two footed, had decent movement and can score different kinds of goals.
Far better player than most would give him credit for, because of his links with united and his poor form when he played in the premiership.

As i said as an option, 3rd or 4th choice i would deffo have him, but not at 16 million or as the main striker coming in.

Agree with that, he's a good player but you'll have trouble finding many who agree as they won't look past the Man United link and his very average form in England.

He's done very well at Villareal and I think the Spanish game suits him. He'd probably settle in better here than he did at United but I still have grave doubts if he can produce in the Premiership, just not strong willed or physical enough imo.

Villareal would probaly want 10 million plus and he quite simply isn't worth that much. At half that price he'd be worth a look but I truly hope there is nothing in this.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flamingpoe » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:41 pm

for 10m u could buy a decent player, but in my eyes you would have to find some 1 that cope in the english league, and lets face it we have seen many "big" signings in the premiership and lets face it, 10m reminds me of a player chelsea only bought about 8 years ago n e 1 care to remember the prolific chris sutton!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
flamingpoe

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:47 pm

flamingpoe wrote:for 10m u could buy a decent player, but in my eyes you would have to find some 1 that cope in the english league, and lets face it we have seen many "big" signings in the premiership and lets face it, 10m reminds me of a player chelsea only bought about 8 years ago n e 1 care to remember the prolific chris sutton!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TBH for a top striker 10 million is very little.

Most of the names we've been linked with - Diego Milito, Eto'o, Henry, Villa, Tevez - would cost well in excess of that amount.

The only player we've been linked with who is good enough and we could get at/below that amount is Owen.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill