Arbeloa heading back to spain?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby spion » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:55 pm

Lahm would be my choice & after a nightmare Euro's his stock is low. I know he's a predominatly a left back but he can play on both flanks & is in the final year of his contract at Bayern, so could come for a song.
spion

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:56 pm

dawson99 wrote:st seems to often players are leaving due to being dealt with badly, letting contracts go, or just not wanting anymore. how many times can rafa be faultfree?
(im in happy mood today)

He buys an unknown player from deportivo who then gets to play in the champions league and who performed well enough to get a place in the Spain squad.
All major major step ups for Arbeloa, and its Rafas fault if there is a personal reason that he wants to go  ???

Daws, i agree with you about too many players coming and going under Rafa, but not with this....IF its true and he leaves  :)

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:56 pm

dawson99 wrote:st seems to often players are leaving due to being dealt with badly, letting contracts go, or just not wanting anymore. how many times can rafa be faultfree?
(im in happy mood today)

I don't mind who he sells as long as the player he brings in is much better, I just object to all the transfers where the replacement is of similar ability and standard. We then have to wait while they acclimatise to the prem and get used to the team etc etc before either they get homesick, Rafa decides they were never good enough anyway and moves them on, or they decide they need more first team football and ask to move. Then the whole cycle starts again.

I am in a happy mood too mate  :D
account deleted by request

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:19 pm

It would depend on the fee, a reasonable fee (£5m+) and I wouldn't have any hesitations in seeing him leave.
LFC2007

Postby RedBlood » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:28 pm

dawson99 wrote:another genius move by the man beintez. sorry, but he is just making mistakes every day, if he does want to sell YET ANOTHER player after a msall amount of time here... 5 year fecking plan my ar$e.

am i the only one getting bored with what Rafas continuing to do to our club? Am i the only one who thinks hes buying badly and selling way too quickly.. beacause of his bad buys and lack of help?

IF arebola wanted to go back to spain for personal reasons then why would that be down to benitez??

the reason benitez is selling some players after a few years is because he had to buy his 2nd 3rd choices players in them positions and he more hoped the nexpected they would adapt to the league club etc and when its aparrent they cannot cut it he ships them off quickly, no problem there

put it this way u wont see the likes of reina torres babel lucas mascherano alonso agger skrtel shipped off after 1 or 2 seasons will you??
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:29 pm

LFC2007 wrote:It would depend on the fee, a reasonable fee (£5m+) and I wouldn't have any hesitations in seeing him leave.

I would have hoped for more than that, I was thinking about £8million+ ish.  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Paul C » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:32 pm

I rate Arbeloa and think we should keep him, I know it's due to a personal situation which is a pity really, I rate him as good as Finnan if not better.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:45 pm

I know there are a few FBs who've cost quite a bit recently (Alves, Bosingwa, Heitinga) but I think £5m+ (between £5m-£7m I'd say) gives you a good enough chance to nail the position once and for all. I think Sagna and Evra were in that sort of price range. Although it would depend on who's available on the market, £5m is a fair packet for someone who is pretty good, but not great.
LFC2007

Postby zarababe » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:55 pm

if your dealing with penny budgets - how can you blame the manager for trying to wheel and deal like an 'Essex' motor dealer ? look how long the Barry sagas been goin on for - budgets are set and the boss needs to operate within them - we just don't have th financial might - face it !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:11 pm

Sorry to see the lad go, given that Finnan looks to be on the move, Aurelios fitness is questionable and the new fullback signings have no premiership experience we're losing our most dependable full back, despite what some of you may think of Arbeloa's abilities imo it's a serious blow.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby adammac19 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:22 pm

I would be sad to be Arboloa go, I think he is solid player who offers a fair bit of defending quality in the full back position. I think we would be doing good piece of business if we got 5m for him. The only minor detail it would leave us with is Finnan who is on the down (still okay), Degen who is pure attacking full back. I would get the feeling that Rafa with the amount of quality in the CB may be temped to use Carra as more of a RB and have Agger/Skrtel combo in the middle.
adammac19

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:51 pm

dawson99 wrote:another genius move by the man beintez. sorry, but he is just making mistakes every day, if he does want to sell YET ANOTHER player after a msall amount of time here... 5 year fecking plan my ar$e.

am i the only one getting bored with what Rafas continuing to do to our club? Am i the only one who thinks hes buying badly and selling way too quickly.. beacause of his bad buys and lack of help?

no mate, you are not the only one
112-1077774096

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:58 pm

What the f*ck are you on about?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:41 pm

peewee wrote:

no mate, you are not the only one

:D
Trust Pee to Pop up when theres a spot of Rafa bashing starting!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:43 pm

im on about benitez as always just buying and selling more than dell boy. dont care the reason this time. its way too often and pi$$ing me off. we cant blindly follow the guy forever as he turns us into a laughing stock more than we are. so just swear away and keep the eyes closed matey
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill