A small welshman - Wednesday

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby LFC #1 » Wed May 24, 2006 2:00 am

Bellamy's problems have been well documented, and if Rafa think's he might cause problems in the dressing room then he sure as hell won't sign him.

As AB said, he's been pretty quiet at Blackburn.

Perhaps he has taken a look at himself and said "jeez i have so much talent, yet I'm throwing it away with all this sh!te off the field - If I pull my head in, I can get a dream move to a big club and become one of the best British strikers going around."

It's very risky signing a volatile player like him, but IF he can pull his head in, he definitely has the talent to do well for us IMO. He is quick, a good dribbler and an excellent finisher. 

If Rafa thinks he can fit in here, then I say bring him on.
Last edited by LFC #1 on Wed May 24, 2006 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed May 24, 2006 6:23 am

peewee wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
Sabre wrote:Bellamy?

neckless player

The Malcom Devon of football  :laugh:

i think u mean devon malcom, but the cricketer with no neck was gladstone small

:D

:laugh:  Thats it Gladstone small, aka No neck .  :blush:   :laugh:
66-1112520797

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed May 24, 2006 8:04 am

Bamaga man wrote:
peewee wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
Sabre wrote:Bellamy?

neckless player

The Malcom Devon of football  :laugh:

i think u mean devon malcom, but the cricketer with no neck was gladstone small

:laugh:  Thats it Gladstone small, aka No neck .  :blush:   :laugh:

i saw him once at the belfry when i was there for the ryder cup, i couldnt stop laughing, im sure he could never wear  tie as he couldnt get one that would go round his shoulders

112-1077774096

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed May 24, 2006 8:35 am

i saw him once at the belfry when i was there for the ryder cup, i couldnt stop laughing, im sure he could never wear  tie as he couldnt get one that would go round his shoulders

[/quote]

66-1112520797

Postby 2520years » Wed May 24, 2006 9:15 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:You heard it here first.

Well, it's Wednesday.  On this occasion I really hope you're wrong Leon.
:down:
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby andy_g » Wed May 24, 2006 9:34 am

LFC #1 wrote:Perhaps he has taken a look at himself and said "jeez i have so much talent, yet I'm throwing it away with all this sh!te off the field - If I pull my head in, I can get a dream move to a big club and become one of the best British strikers going around."

It's very risky signing a volatile player like him, but IF he can pull his head in, he definitely has the talent to do well for us IMO. He is quick, a good dribbler and an excellent finisher. 

If Rafa thinks he can fit in here, then I say bring him on.

maybe that's the reason he has no neck?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Wed May 24, 2006 9:41 am

Are we anywiser if Leon was talking about Bellamy?

I was sure hoping it was Michael Owen...
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed May 24, 2006 9:59 am

Leon might just have been taking the p!ss and seeing what reaction it provoked.

But if he wasnt i hope it is Bellamy, he would be a fantastic addition to our squad, his attitude has been questioned in the past and he might walk around the pitch with a scowl on his face, but that imo is because he is a winner. And at clubs like Newcastle and Blackburn he hasn't done too much of that.

I used to think that he was just a pacey player with not much else to offer, but over the last couple of seasons he has improved so much and is great running at defenders and comitting them and can finish with either foot.
A cracking little player that i am confident Rafa could deal with if he signed him.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed May 24, 2006 10:28 am

Agreed on Bellamy. A couple of seasons ago he was the type of player who when you were losing 1-0 at charlton with half an hour to go, would have row with one of his teammates before getting himself sent-off and scuppering any chance you had of getting back into the game. These days, he's more than likely the man who will channel his anger into getting us an equalizer then wind-up the centre-half and win us a match-winning penalty.
I have this theory about footballers and football which says it is 4/5 a game which is played inside the head. Often, when a player becomes a fantastic talent, his rise is not a gradual parabolic curve up through the ranks with average performances followed by good then great ones over three seasons or so. What you get most of the time is either a meteoric entrance as a youngster where you announce your arrival on the scene with aplomb, or you get a bloke for whom it suddenly just seems to click.
Sissoko has been such a player for us this season. We could all see that he could run around a lot and put a few tackles in, but just before he got his eye injury he put in a copuple of huge performances in which he had a massive influence on the game. It was almost as if he visibly thought "jesus I can really play this game and be massive" and since then he's been a different player. My suspicion is with him that we ain't seen nothing yet. Similarly Crouch, after kicking around in Southamptons reserves eighteen months ago now finds himself a likely starter in Englands opening World Cup match. Bellamy I see more as a type of bloke I watched a few times who statrted his career in the parks of South West London. Got himself signed by a league club and broke through. Like Bellamy he was tetchy, small, pacy and not everybodys cup of tea. He had a good game against Liverpool in a cup game as I remember before going to big club and then the penny really dropped for him. Funny thing was, when the big club signed him nobody really wanted to know because of his dodgy temperament, which meant the club were able to pick him uo for a then knockdown 2 million quid. Very similar situation if you ask me.
The player? Thierry Henri has just broken his scoring record at Arsenal, must have been the best two million quid the club ever spent. Those who poo-poo the idea of signing Bellamy are in my opinion calling it wrong. If we don't, somebody else will and benefit from a player who for whom the penny has finally dropped.
Last edited by bigmick on Wed May 24, 2006 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed May 24, 2006 10:57 am

c'mon Leon is this a windup ?
66-1112520797

Postby taff » Wed May 24, 2006 1:35 pm

Bigmick is kinda right with that post. Bellamy is a hell of a player but there is his attitude. His main problem is with players who arent as committed as he is. If Rafa could harness him he would be great but historically he has been a problem and does have a bad reputation.

Michael Owen IS NOT WELSH.  He leaves and is a welsh git well we dont like him he is English hence why he plays for England.  But I would welcome him back to LFC.

That kid at Southampton has a good rep but is 16 so jury out.

Earnshaw will score goals, for all you laughing look at his goals to time on the pitch ratio.  But I cant see him being bought :D

Could be Lee Trundle  :laugh:
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed May 24, 2006 1:44 pm

taff wrote:Earnshaw will score goals, for all you laughing look at his goals to time on the pitch ratio.  But I cant see him being bought :D

I'm not laughing at his footballing abilities,more so those two front teeth.

He could eat an apple through a chain linked fence.  :D
66-1112520797

Postby kopite_1232002 » Wed May 24, 2006 5:41 pm

bellamy has left the wales squad, gettin married in 2 weeks, maby signin for sum 1 b4 the big day

http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal....=soccer
kopite_1232002

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed May 24, 2006 5:59 pm

Only 6 hours left LEON!

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed May 24, 2006 7:32 pm

Dosent look like anything is going to happen does it, deals arent usually done this late in the day unless its deadline day
Last edited by Dundalk on Wed May 24, 2006 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill