Would you buy rooney? - I wouldn't!

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby stapo1000 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:59 pm

Wayne Rooney is a good player and is obviously available at the moment. He is definitely out of our price range at 30million but its not the price issue I'm getting at here, It's the buying players off of rivals issue. I was disgusted to see us buying Paul Ince for the treble season. Okay, he wasn't playing with ManUre at the time that we bought him but he spent most of his career there and with that in mind I thought that he wouldn't be 100% commited to LFC plus i thought it was just morally wrong to buy players who used to play for our closest and most despised rivals ie. man u and everton. I have seen the name of lfc come into the frame of contenders to buy rooney(not from a reliable source tho) and i dont want him at our club. I'm also not in favour of lfc players being sold to our rivals(finnan). i dont mind if they are sh1t players like traore but thats a different story.

I would like to hear as many peoples thoughts on this issue as possible...
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:05 pm

i wouldnt buy him either , i dont have the money
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Ciggy » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:10 pm

I know what your sayin stapo the price of some players is pathetic think man u started the trend when they bought horse head then rio then it escalated to chelsea an so on. If rooneys worth 30 mill then michael owen is worth 40 mill so real got a bargain an they know an we know they did I think someone should start sorting this problem out and start paying player for experience, first teamers,age an so on chelseas become a laughing stock with all them players they have bought.
Now back to rooney I would have him at liverpool say for 10 mill and finnan traore henchoz thrown in with the deal but I doubt hed ever ever come to us also another point could finnan and kewell not be playing to there best of ability fearing they are going to be sidelined with the new players we have just bought? Thinkin to themselves oh why should we bother we'll be gettin dropped anyway? just a thought like.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:13 pm

i agree with what your saying but what i wanna know is would people be happy to buy players off united and everton
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Matt*Lfc » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:14 pm

I think that you are wrong to imply that players from rival clubs dont give 100% when they change over .

Players are all different for instance do you think big Sol is less than 100 % committed to Arsenal after his transfer from Spurs or even Cantona after he signed from Leeds
  In Spain it happens often and they still give there all granted some fail but I dont think its because they are playing for the rival club if they did not want to be there they would not sign.

If a good player comes up for grabs and he is gonna benefit your team and make your rivals weaker at the same time I say go for it .
Matt*Lfc

Postby Ciggy » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:19 pm

Alan smith baned another to in for manure tonight his move hasnt done him any harm to leeds's rivals but then again if gerrard would have left us id have another opinion id have so no its not right.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:25 pm

Didn't anyone hear about Rooney being forced to admitt he was paying prositutes visits regularly in a back street brothel?

He was foced to come clean because he was caught on a CCTV camera, now his maybe not getting married lol.

I read this in a paper though which gave good detail, but as usual, could be BS.

So anyway, any player who brings that kind of publicity is a no no.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:40 pm

cheesecakery wrote:i wouldnt buy him either , i dont have the money

What a shame!!! :D
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weezy » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:48 pm

but lets say if we do have the money i would love to see him play as a drop off striker because i think rooney have a great confidence and hes not slow he could definitly give defence a handfulll!
weezy

Postby XSD » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:51 pm

Rooney is class, perfect replacement for Owen.
However, he is an Everton player and clearly not too keen on an Anfield move judging by past articles. 30m you got to be having a laugh too :D
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weezy » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:55 pm

moyes said he want 30millions only because he doesnt think clubs can afford to spend 30m on 1 player so rooney will have to stay in everton! rooney is only worth about 20m MAX!! if henry cost only 8.75m
weezy

Postby XSD » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:57 pm

I think Henry would cost a little more at the moment :)
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weezy » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:59 pm

i mean henry moved from juve to arsenal for only 8.75m hes worth over 30m+ in my view nowadays
weezy

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:12 am

I see your point as I too was shocked when Alan Smith went to Utd (spit) from leeds, and their feud goes back to Henry VII. But I would still take Rooney, rival or not. He will get goals, he would be another englishman and he could offer either a long long period of service or a profit. However I have just one critisism of Benitez and that is his knowledge of English players. Obviously he will have heard of Rooney, but what about James Beattie? His future is still unclear at Southampton, they want ten and Villa will only go up to 6 or 8. Does he know that the prem's top scorer for the last two seasons is this available? So Rooney would be my possible strikers top five. Here it is:

1. Saviola
2. Mista
3. Morientes
4. Beattie
5. Rooney
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Matt*Lfc » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:16 am

Sorry but imo beat is nowhere near rooneys class
Matt*Lfc

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion