Wayne routledge - Transfer to go through on 1st july

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:16 am

Have'nt got any qoutes/details as i am posting this just after watching SSN headlines at 1am.

Routledge is moving to Tottenham as of 1st July.
I think it is on a free, but as he is under 24 some form of compensation must be paid to Crystal Palace.

I thought he would have been a good addition to the SQUAD , as he is still young and has potential that Rafa could work with, also it would have added to the English player count for when the new directive is implemented by UEFA (or FIFA, not too sure sorry!).
Oh well he is gone now anyway, Rafa knows who he wants and Routledge obviously wasnt within the great mans Scope.
76-1115222408

Postby neilE » Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:19 am

spose he wanted a London club - def would have been a  good bet for us but there u go............
neilE

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:38 am

Tottenham are making some good young signings - Reid, Dawson, Defoe and Routledge. They are defo starting to bring a good sqaud together and are looking more and more like a top 6 club.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:40 pm

Routledge is potentially a very good player.

Spurs are getting their act together. If they find a top class midfield general they would be in business.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:38 pm

Jol believes spurs will win the champions league within the next 5 years. If they keep going the way they are they may well do.

BTW does anyone know if the compensation thing between palace and spurs has been worked out?
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion