United are on a downward spiral!

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:18 pm

Do you fellow fans think that United fans are really worried?
I know I do. They're so defensive at the moment!

They can't outmuscle Chelsea financially. They can't out-think or outplay Arsenal.

And now Liverpool have a manager who has a track record of proving he can beat the best with no money.

United finishing fourth methinks.

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:51 am

yep they are a downward spiral no doubt, united won't win ****** next season, maybe a FA cup or Carling Cup but they don't have the quality to win the league or CL anymore.
Last edited by LFC #1 on Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scousewil » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:50 pm

Agree with that. Lovin it aswel :D They've had their time an that's that.
Scousewil

Postby JBG » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:24 pm

Ferguson said yesterday that his priority for the new season is to win the Premiership and not the Champions League.

This is the first time in about 6 years that Ferguson has claimed that the Premiership outranks the Champions League in priority for Man UTD and that says it all really.

Roy Keane was making fancy boasts a couple of years ago saying that the Premiership was only a warm up for UTD's champions league matches, and then when Man UTD were eliminated he would blame the standard of the Premiership for UTD's misfortunes.

Oh, how the worm has turned!

I'd love to see UTD slipping to 5th next season, I'd bloody love it! Won't happen though, but neither will UTD win the league.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby zackboxer » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:17 pm

Well let's hope !!
Ferguson however does have a knack of turning things around when United are looking like they are on the slide.
(doesn't hurt that he's been a lucky bugger on many occasions too!)
It'll be interesting to see whether he still has it in him to do that.

I still fancy them to be Arsenal's biggest challengers this time round, Chelsea with a new manager are as yet an unknown quantity and it might take time for things to settle.

Be chuffed as nuts if we finish above then though !!  :D  :D
zackboxer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:01 am

United wil be there or there abouts make no mistake :(  Keane's not the player he was but in Ronaldo and Horseface they have the players. plus Ferdinand's back in September I think and whatever you think of his drugs ban he is quality. hope I'm wrong but expect united to challenge.

The team that I believe will bomb out this season are Chelsea. The new manager has a bigger Ego than pretty much anyone except Ambramovich and the clash will come probabbly before christmas.

Can't see beyond Arsenal though with hopefuly LFC running them close.

All makes for an exciting season , can't wait !!!!! :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scousewil » Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:26 pm

Yeah but Ronaldo & sum other guy are out for the first six weeks or sumfin for the Olympics arn't they? We're gona destroy them this season... I can feel it! Bring it on...!!!
Scousewil

Postby Sean » Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:18 am

I think it was a bad move by United letting Butt leave.  It means they'll be playing Neville and an ageing Keane in central midfield.  There only back up is Kleberson and Djemba Djemba.  Scholes and Giggs also past his best.  United's success was built around a strong midfield.  Now I reckon thats their weakest line.

However, Ferdinand will be like a new signing and in Van Nistlerooy their guaranteed 30 goals, so they can't be written off.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:10 pm

Its an old cliche but its true: never write Ferguson off.

However, there are a lot of "worrying" signs at UTD.  :D

1. Keane is getting old now and for all his boasts about still "being the best", UTD suddenly look under staffed and dodgy in central midfield.

2. Giggs and Scholes are getting on a bit, especially Giggs.

3. Ronaldo will miss the start of the new season, as well Heinze.

4. They have some skillful defenders but you wouldn't trust any of them in a really tight match.

Player for player, UTD no longer can say "We are the best". They are a decent side and could win the Premiership next year, but I think they will still be off the pace.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby ckay » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:48 pm

I think ourselves, Chelsea and Arsenal will finish above Manure, I'd like to see Villa, Birmingham, Newcastle, Charlton and Middlesbrough pushing the scum for 4th place!

I'm also having trouble sleeping due to anticipation for Tuesday's game. I feel like a 5 year old on xmas eve!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:36 am

horseface is out for the first month as well, he got a hernia. lets hope the scum have a sh*t start to the season, a sh*t middle and a sh*t end  :D
112-1077774096

Postby JBG » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:31 pm

Wouldn't it be great if the Luftwaffe bombed Old Trafford again?  :D

Surely there's some crazy old German in Stuttgart or Bremen who'll suffer some funny turn, hop into an old Heinkel and finish off what he started 60 years ok?

Remember Owe Rosler that played for Man City a few years ago? City fans used to wear t-shirts of Rosler saying "My grandad bombed Old Trafford" together with a picture of an old WWII bomber!

:D

I love slagging ManUre, me.  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:18 am

fokker  :D
112-1077774096

Postby barnesrush » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:04 pm

2 brian cloughs!!! theres only 2 brian cloughs!!!
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 am

Manure were pretty poor in the community shield against Arsenal, let's hope that sort of form continues.  :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion