Spanish media - Gone too far this time

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby L-type » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:11 am

Jose Antonio Reyes has been involved in a radio hoax in Spain, where he was tricked into admitting his desire to join Real Madrid.
Spanish station Cope Radio pulled off the amazing hoax, by claiming to be Real's sporting director Emilio Butragueno.
Cope Radio contacted Reyes's agent, who in turn informed the Arsenal man to speak to the pranksters claiming to be the Madrid chief.
During the conversation, Reyes admitted to life being 'not great' at Arsenal - confirming growing rumours that he is not settled in North London.
Reyes later went on to say that he would be happy to join Real and that he had always dreamed of playing for Real Madrid.
The Spanish giants had just denied reports of a swap deal involving Michael Owen moving to Arsenal in order to sign Reyes.
The former Sevilla man had himself said that he was concentrating on winning things at Highbury, despite being flattered with Real's interest.
This latest stunt is sure to anger all parties, and Reyes is thought to be considering legal action against the hoaxers.

- Paul Higham - Sky Sports

Article

They just went to far this time, but i guess Owen could be coming back, though I wonder if our first option would still apply if they try to trade him.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wee_boi888 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:10 am

To be honost, I initially found it quite funny. But it is really a bit far in hindsight. But then it just shows how you can't believe the 'public/official statements' the clubs and players say.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:10 pm

Wat an idiot he is :D :)  does anyone remeber the guy who ran across silverstone or the guy who posed in the scum champions league lineup or the same same guy who ran on the pitch in the euro 2004 final :D
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:18 pm

the great one wrote:does anyone remeber the guy who posed in the scum champions league lineup or the same same guy who ran on the pitch in the euro 2004 final :D

hilarious. just look at the bemused look on some of the players faces. :laugh:
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dom1 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:46 pm

:laugh:  :laugh:

andy cole looks fine with it :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:51 pm