Shaun wright phillips

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby butteredmonkey » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:38 am

I hope to feck that we can find a way to get the pint sized winger into a red shirt. We need a player or three who can get round the back of defenses and start feeding Morientes some quality.
butteredmonkey

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:41 am

butteredmonkey wrote:I hope to feck that we can find a way to get the pint sized winger into a red shirt. We need a player or three who can get round the back of defenses and start feeding Morientes some quality.

He will go to arsenal he wants to and wenger will probably buy him, plus he would cost around 20 mill plus and we dont have that sort of cash to spend on one player.
Lets hope Rafa can convince Aimar to join us hey would cost half of SWPs price any road and a better player.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby butteredmonkey » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:53 am

Mate I still can't understand why Houllier bought Diouf, stuck him out on the wing when he could've spent a few mill. more and gone for Duff - a proven Premiership player. Got faith in Raffa though.....................CHAMPS NEXT SEASON!? 

:kungfu:
butteredmonkey

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:05 am

True Duffs a class act and Robens a gem imagine if our talent scouts had spotted him a few years back.
I think we need a few players from a few countrys the dutch have produced some great players Bergkamps been great over the years for arsenal, Jimmy Floyd, Zenden etc.
And the dutch league is similar to the prem and these players where probably not that expensive when first getting started.
I know Rafa probably prefers the spanish market cause he will know it well, but you do need a mixture of players from all nationalitys.
Hamman, Hypia getting on a bit now lack pace plus footballers now are athletes and there lack of pace is starting to show.
So we will be getting replacements for these to in the very near future.
Just hope not all spanish even though Alonso has been our best buy and Morientes will probably be the 2nd one too.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:22 am

Overpriced.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby butteredmonkey » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:52 am

I really feel for Dudek, when he was first on the scene he was the talk of the town and looking world class, now he's whisper of the village and looking nervous as a nervous thing. It's a real shame as he has the ability to be up there but it seems like his mental game has let him down. 

Does this make any sense to anyone, it is Sunday morning!

butteredmonkey

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:58 am

No because this topics about SWP not Dudek, leave the Dudek issue to Rafa, it will be sorted soon.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:42 pm

swp is a class act but WAY WAY OVERPRICED.  :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 109-1105722616 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:18 pm

stmichael wrote:swp is a class act but WAY WAY OVERPRICED.  :(

same with defoe

english clubs want too much for their english players
109-1105722616

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:45 am

he would be good for our team but he is overpriced and that is a big shame.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ssss » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:03 am

nothing more than 8m for swp...
ssss

Postby GerrardisKing » Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:01 pm

I think swp would bring us some much needed width down the right and he also scores plenty of goals,a class act price tag fully justified.
GerrardisKing

Postby butteredmonkey » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:18 am

The more I see of SWP the more I like.  A good attitude, direct and a player who would represent Liverpool well.  Like people have mentioned he is going to be expensive but I would always (if possible) go for a player with Premiership experience as you know you are getting; someone who can perform in that league and not someone who you may have to wait half a season or more to adapt.  Our league is unique in the way we play what with the pace, tempo and emotion etc and it needs a player who is truly a class act or one that has proven themselves in that league.....................I must stop drinking so much Vodka when working the bar at the weekends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
butteredmonkey

Postby Dom1 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:38 am

butteredmonkey wrote:Mate I still can't understand why Houllier bought Diouf, stuck him out on the wing when he could've spent a few mill. more and gone for Duff - a proven Premiership player. Got faith in Raffa though.....................CHAMPS NEXT SEASON!? 

:laugh:
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby the return of HAS » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:12 pm

Looks like SWP will miss the rest of the season. Has he played his last game for Man City.

I reckon he might stay on at Man City for 1 more year.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion