Postby 76-1115222408 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:58 pm

XSD wrote:
Chelsea forever. wrote:Drogba
Ferrera
Carvalho
Kezman
Jiri Jarosik
Tiago

These are the players he got with him -- do you see a WORLD STAR in there? Were any of the considered WORLD CLASS PLAYERS - TOP PLAYERS - PLAYERS OTHER CLUBS WOULD DIE FOR?

NO!

They were players he wanted for the TEAM, who fit the PROFILE and who had the winning mentality which was needed.

I don't see Cech and Robben on that list.

I think he didnt mention them as they were not Jose Mourhino's signings. The deals were done before he arrived.
76-1115222408

Postby The Italian Job 2005 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:58 pm

Why would SWP want to go to Chelsea when it'd mean he'd just be warming the bench for most of the season behind duff and robben.  Sure, he'd get some games but for the big events he probably wont get a look in.  Not exactly great preparation from his or our point of view for the World Cup next summer.  Better if he does leave to go elsewhere where he'll be guaranteed a starting role all the time i.e. Anfield.
The Italian Job 2005

Postby Chelsea forever. » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:34 am

Robben and Cech were CR`s doings. Drogba was also CRs suggestion but backed by Jose.

neilE - Roman happens to be a club owner with a lot of money at his disposal. However i dont think i need to tell you that success cannot be bought. To be able to buy a strong squad (which all clubs in the world try to do each year) and a good manager is one thing - but to have all of them to gel well in their first season, to have new players come in the squad and gel with the old ones, new staff new manager and in the first season itself win a Cup and the League - that to in such style to take over all the records from Manu and set new records such as -

Most points achieved -95
Most wins -28
Most clean sheets -25
consequitive away wins -9
Run without conceding a goal - 1025min
fewest goals conceded EVER - 15
Terry -PFA player of the year
Franky - Writers player of the year
Cech - Golden gloves
Jose - Manager of the year

Money cannot buy all that .. its the spirit, dedication, tactical awarness created by Jose and the winning mentality thats got us where we are. The money was just a stepping stone - as it is with Madrid,Barca,Milan,Juve,Bayern,Manu,Liverpool and the other big clubs ....
Chelsea forever.

Postby LFC_fan » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:14 am

Chelsea, as a football team, is a good one, they play effective (though not as fluent as the :censored:-nal of a season ago) football, has a very strong squad and an excellent coach in terms of tatics and motivation. But thats as far as it goes im afraid.

True, Chealsea have team spirit, and players like Terry and Lampard have really flourished in the last season. but its all the things off-field that is making Chelsea the scum of world football. Maybe theres a hint of prejudice as some ppl may be jealous of the depthless pockets of Roman A. But money doesnt give u authority to create your own rules.

Maureen may be a good coach and great motivationer backed with all the money in the world, but that doesnt give him (or the club) as a whole the rights to play their cards any way they want. They continue to break rule after rule, because they know that all that comes out of it is a fine, and hell, wat is money to them..

IMO, the trio os roman, maureen and kenyon are the most hated trio in world football at the moment.
LFC_fan

Postby azriahmad » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:18 am

I'd read that Kenyon wanted the club to stand on its own after becoming a major football force but if they keep buying players at massively inflated prices just because they can, their wage bill alone could never be covered by all of their revenues combined, let alone financing those wildly inflated transfers.

This level of spending is crazy, even if you consider Chelsea has a very wealthy owner, because it keeps spending way more than its income.

I have only one thing to say to the Chelsea supporters - enjoy it while you can because there is no way it will be like this forever.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:19 am

Chelsea as a club is a disgrace to the sport. I've never seen any club that has had so many problems with the FA and the UEFA.
Last edited by A.B. on Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:33 am

CF, if LFC had sold out to any dodgy billionaire, I'd be complaining my ar*e off. There's a right and wrong way of doing things. We, and several other clubs have chosen the right way. You lot, along with Leeds, etc, haven't. All this talk about the most points, longest time without conceding, blah, blah, blah, is just cementing the fact that it's money, money, money that makes these records. So I know you understand my point, I'll give you an analogy; The worlds fastest car, with the best fuel economy, will almost certainly have cost the most to produce. The fact that it's designers were paid with money in the laundering process is neither here, nor there. Chelsea will be back in the sh*tter soon enough.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:42 am

Yeah i be worried as hell as Chelski supporter they are putting the MANCs efforts in buying success in failed 80s and successful 90s right in the shade. Might give them short term success but there will be no long term respect and the bigger the bubble gets the larger the crash is.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:23 am

Chelsea forever. wrote:Robben and Cech were CR`s doings. Drogba was also CRs suggestion but backed by Jose.

neilE - Roman happens to be a club owner with a lot of money at his disposal. However i dont think i need to tell you that success cannot be bought. To be able to buy a strong squad (which all clubs in the world try to do each year) and a good manager is one thing - but to have all of them to gel well in their first season, to have new players come in the squad and gel with the old ones, new staff new manager and in the first season itself win a Cup and the League - that to in such style to take over all the records from Manu and set new records such as -

Most points achieved -95
Most wins -28
Most clean sheets -25
consequitive away wins -9
Run without conceding a goal - 1025min
fewest goals conceded EVER - 15
Terry -PFA player of the year
Franky - Writers player of the year
Cech - Golden gloves
Jose - Manager of the year

Money cannot buy all that .. its the spirit, dedication, tactical awarness created by Jose and the winning mentality thats got us where we are. The money was just a stepping stone - as it is with Madrid,Barca,Milan,Juve,Bayern,Manu,Liverpool and the other big clubs ....

Again you miss the point or choose to gloss over it. The major complaint from most of us it seems is that the money is from a dodgy source (quite possibly illegal - as Dalglish said, Roman would be locked up if he came back into Russia) and Chelsea's conduct as a club off the field is nothnig short of disgraceful, and in danger of damaging the repuatation of English football, or "bringing the game into disrepute if you will".
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1104673748 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:26 am

Who was the guy who made the wisest saying of the year?
"Chelsea is the enemy of football"
116-1104673748

Postby captainduck » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:54 am

the way i see it, he is asking too much.. being an england player of course. hopefully, since nobody is buying him he will lower his asking price and we can make a reasonable bid on him!
captainduck

Postby captainduck » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:55 am

thomas88 wrote:Who was the guy who made the wisest saying of the year?
"Chelsea is the enemy of football"

half of english footy fans  :wwww
captainduck

Postby kazza » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:38 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Very true Red Baron. I hope the Russian stock market crashes, so bas*ard-boy Abrahmovic has to take a barrow-full of Roubels to the supermarket for a loaf of bread!

You think Abromovich has money tied up in Russia, I don't think so. His cash is well hidden so the Russian people can't find their money he stole from them.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1104673748 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:49 am

kazza wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Very true Red Baron. I hope the Russian stock market crashes, so bas*ard-boy Abrahmovic has to take a barrow-full of Roubels to the supermarket for a loaf of bread!

You think Abromovich has money tied up in Russia, I don't think so. His cash is well hidden so the Russian people can't find their money he stole from them.

War wouldn't help then.So we enlist Soros and make him wipe out the European economy just like he did with Asia 8 years ago.
116-1104673748

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:39 pm

Thomas88, are you an anarchist!?! :p

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion