Royston drenthe - Worth a look?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:42 am

Just watched a replay of the UEFA u21 final last week between Holland and Serbia and this young fella really caught my attention. He plays left midfield and with Gonzalez gone and Garcia seemingly on his way I think it's a position which needs strengthening - I don't think we can rely on Harry all season with his injury record, although Riise can fill in there also. 

He was one of the players of the tournament and he tore Serbia apart in the final, particualrly in the first half. He was good on the ball, kept possession well, has pace and is very skilful. He's very capable of beating players and getting to the byline and his final ball is also good. He barely put a foot wrong tbh, looked very accomplished.

Apparently Real Madrids are after him and Chelsea have been linked with a move for 4 million as well. 4 million would be a pittance for a talented youngster liek him and I'm sure Feyenoord woudl sell if the right offer came in.

Personally I hope we are seriously looking at him as an option, he'd be an excellently understudy to Harry. Your thoughts?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:52 am

When I was watching the U21 final the commentators said that Liverpool scouts where present watching Drente and another player forget his name.
But with Chelsea putting a 6 million euro bid in for him maybe we have been put off by it who knows.
But he is an excellent player and one I would welcome here.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:57 am

Ciggy wrote:When I was watching the U21 final the commentators said that Liverpool scouts where present watching Drente and another player forget his name.

Good to hear. I was also impressed with De Ridder on the right wing and Ryan Donk looked really accomplished at centre half. Their is also Ryan Babel of course, who is already an established striker at Ajax and is also in the senior squad for Holland. Marco van Basten reckons he's the next Henry, high praise indeed from a legend like Van Basten.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:49 am

ryan babel supposedly says he wants to join arsanal
blackburn signed one of the dutch strikers recently i think
is gonzalez actually gone or has the transfer collapsed due to the change in management?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:52 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:ryan babel supposedly says he wants to join :censored:-anal
blackburnt signed one of the dutch strikers recently i think
is gonzalez actually gone or has the transfer collapsed due to the change in management?

pretty sure the deal was done with Betis.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:57 am

Chelsea are reportedly on the verge of signing Feyenoord’s Dutch U-21 star Royston Drenthe, who has been also linked with Aston Villa, for £4million.

According to The Mirror, Blues boss Jose Mourinho has been impressed by Drenthe, who can play as a left back as well as left-sided attacker, and the deal could be completed by the end of the week.

The report also suggests the Dutch club are struggling financially and as such will allow Drenthe to leave.

However, recently Feyenoord interim director Peter Vogelzang said: "It is correct that Royston has received a lot of attention. But Feyenoord want to keep him for sporting reasons. He is the type of player the club needs. There are no financial reasons now why we must sell him."

The interest in Drenthe, who has been in fine form at the U-21 Euro Championship in Holland, also suggests the Blues might be moving to bring in back-up to Arjen Robben, who has been linked with a move to Real Madrid.

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news....14.html
maypaxvobiscum

Postby FRfanatic » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:09 am

LFC #1 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:When I was watching the U21 final the commentators said that Liverpool scouts where present watching Drente and another player forget his name.

Good to hear. I was also impressed with De Ridder on the right wing and Ryan Donk looked really accomplished at centre half. Their is also Ryan Babel of course, who is already an established striker at Ajax and is also in the senior squad for Holland. Marco van Basten reckons he's the next Henry, high praise indeed from a legend like Van Basten.

Blackburn signed Rigters (striker Holland U21)
De Ridder moves from Celta de Vigo to Birmingham
Rumour says Drenthe sold to Chelsea although he keeps playing for Feyenoord for 1 more season on loan.
FRfanatic

Postby puroresu » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:35 am

FRfanatic wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:

Rumour says Drenthe sold to Chelsea although he keeps playing for Feyenoord for 1 more season on loan.

was surprised rigters chose blackburn over celtic.  I know its the premiership but blackburn are a small club and he could of went to celtic and then went to another league.  CL Football, 60,000 fans every home game yet he chose blackburn.  surprised!!
puroresu

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:46 am

puroresu wrote:
FRfanatic wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:

was surprised rigters chose blackburn over celtic.  I know its the premiership but blackburn are a small club and he could of went to celtic and then went to another league.  CL Football, 60,000 fans every home game yet he chose blackburn.  surprised!!

Probably felt it was a better launching pad to a big club in England.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:50 am

LFC #1 wrote:
puroresu wrote:
FRfanatic wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:

Probably felt it was a better launching pad to a big club in England.

Definately, Champions league football is great but if you are playing in a poor league just for that reason then you should be more ambitious.
Blackburn are a small club, especially compared with Celtic, but they play in a far better league and as you said it prepares him better if he is capable of making the next step to a major club.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:14 pm

Rioysten Drenthe is really good on champ. lol

:D :D :D
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:03 pm

Buy him.

But make him cut his hair after he signs the line that is dotted.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:08 pm

what does uncle albert reckon ???
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:17 pm

I think Royston Vasey is a good player and would be a great addition to the squad.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:59 am

LFC #1 wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:ryan babel supposedly says he wants to join :censored:-anal
blackburnt signed one of the dutch strikers recently i think

pretty sure the deal was done with Betis.

Gonzalez is still officially a Liverpool player, the only transfers went through up to now is Pongolle for 2.7m to spanish side and Garcia today to Athletico Madrid other than that the only other player we have let go is Fowler, which means Zenden, Dudek, Gonzalez and Cisse are still Liverpool players even though Zenden and I think Dudek are out of contracts.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion