Rooney may be fit for monday after all - Oh good - fergie's "mind games" are back

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:42 pm

Had a feeling all this talk of "three more weeks out" may have been some of that red-cheeked idiot's customary mind-games.

This from BBC sport...

Man Utd handed Rooney boost

Rooney is still waiting to make his debut in a United shirt

England striker Wayne Rooney is set to provide a boost to Manchester United's injury-riddled squad following his return to full training.

Rooney has kicked a ball for the first time since breaking a bone in his foot at Euro 2004.

He showed no reaction to the foot injury that has sidelined him since his £27.5m summer move from Everton.

Reports suggest he is slightly ahead of schedule and could be available for United's game with Liverpool on Monday.

United had originally set a comeback target date of 3 October and may even have been prepared to hold him back until the visit to Birmingham on 16 October.

That would have put him out of England's World Cup qualifying matches against Wales and Azerbaijan.

Rooney's return to fitness will come as welcome relief to United boss Sir Alex Ferguson following the club's latest injury blow.

Neville out for four weeks

Defender Gary Neville will be sidelined for four weeks after the injury he sustained on England duty was diagnosed as a hairline fracture of the kneecap.

Meanwhile, Roy Carroll is set for a recall as first-choice goalkeeper after Tim Howard's poor start to the season.

Howard has struggled for form and admits his errors have cost United goals.

People are going to pile pressure on me but that's how it is

Man Utd keeper Tim Howard

He said: "My start to the season hasn't been as good as last year, I know that.

"Had this been my first season I'm sure nobody would have been looking in my direction.

"But as it's my second, I think some things have been magnified.

"People are going to pile pressure on me but that's how it is in football."
ivor_the_injun

Postby stmichael » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:44 pm

if manure were playing crystal palace at home next monday you could bet your bottom dollar that he wouldn't be risked under any circumstances. however because it's the "old enemy" and the biggest club game in domestic football they claim that he may be fit.

hope he breaks down and is out for longer. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:47 pm

I hope they rush him back against us and he has a nightmare game and gets injured for the rest of the season, that would be mint :p :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:48 pm

Paul C wrote:I hope they rush him back against us and he has a nightmare game and gets injured for the rest of the season, that would be mint :p :D

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:50 pm

That would be glorious, I'd nearly die laughing!

Even better would be Ferdinand comes back and first match he plays he picks up a season ending injury.  How funny would that be (not for the mancs obviously though)  :laugh:  :laugh:
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby maximus » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:56 pm

Starbridge42 wrote:That would be glorious, I'd nearly die laughing!

Even better would be Ferdinand comes back and first match he plays he picks up a season ending injury.  How funny would that be (not for the mancs obviously though)  :laugh:  :laugh:

Or does not have a good game against us, because the ole smackhead, has been on the wacky backy the night before  :laugh:   :laugh:
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:30 pm

Paul C wrote:I hope they rush him back against us and he has a nightmare game and gets injured for the rest of the season, that would be mint :p :D

:laugh:  :D  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:30 pm

Bring him on, we have some cracking songs lined up for shrek, rio and it is a pity Gary Neville is not playing as he was gonna get some good sh1t following his wifes immigrant shagg1ng incident...
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:43 pm

Yeah, Neville was so pathetic he asked the Scum to investigate into what his doll was doing.

Did you see the guy she left him for? He's almost the long lost third Neville brother!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:45 pm

:D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:45 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Yeah, Neville was so pathetic he asked the Scum to investigate into what his doll was doing.

Did you see the guy she left him for? He's almost the long lost third Neville brother!

Top notch story
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:46 pm

Was he the taxi driver that was the spit of borat :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:27 pm

With Shrek being unfit, Fergie needs to obtain some mileage for his money. The only way is to talk about him, particularly with big games coming up. He also needs to lay a smokescreen to cover their current poor form. Expect more of this Sh1t as the game approaches, wouldn't be surprised if he blames the Red's for Rooney having to leave his Merseyside home or Red's players leading him astray. Remember the unknown Red in the Aigburth photograph !!  :blues:  :blues:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:05 pm

Hope he plays, he will be underdone in a new team with a lot of expectation
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:16 pm

Wouldnt worry about him even if he did play takes a player 3-4 games to get back after an injury maybe longer e.g. owen an baros how long did we used to wait for owen to start performing after an injury if he plays he plays dont know what the mancs are fussing about do they expect a hatrick from him :upside: Plus the fact he wont be playing 99 mins depending on ref :glare:  second half 15 mins to go he'll be on as sub thats if he comes on :;):

And I bet if he does play it will be the first time the bluenoses from across the park would be cheering for us to win :p
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion