Owen runs his mouth

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:35 pm

LFC Fan for Life, are you AB's even stupider twin or what?

It is in the AB style to post a cutting and sensationalise it, dont fall into that trap.

Chelsea are favorites to win the league, and Michael said so, get over him leaving will you ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:10 pm

"Runs his mouth?"

Michael says absolutely nothing derogatory about Liverpool there. For Christ's sake, the guy chooses to come over to see the Southampton game when most of the rest of his Madrid team mates are in the Maldives on holiday. Her comes in to Melwood to wish everyone well and catch up with all his old pals, not to slate them.

I think you have deliberately got the wrong end of the stick there, AB.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby andy_g » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:21 pm

not to want to go off thread JBG, but i wouldn't imagine the madrid team are holidaying in the maldives considering the horrific events in asia over the last few days.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:23 pm

Apparently they have been but weren't affected.

David Ginola and his family, however, apparently had a narrow escape as the floor of their holiday apartment collapsed due to flood waters.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby andy_g » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:25 pm

seriously, they were there? i'd have thought that would have been all over the media if the precious galacticos had been within a sniff of danger.

wasn't havin a dig btw JBG...

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ronmeister » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:27 pm

I seen the interview after the southampton match and to be honest it didnt seem that bad,So what he thinks chelsea will win the league he aint the only one .Next piece of quality journalism will be that he was here to lure Stevie over to madrid.
Its been said before "Get over Owen we are playing better football without him".
ronmeister

Postby JBG » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:30 pm

andy_g wrote:seriously, they were there? i'd have thought that would have been all over the media if the precious galacticos had been within a sniff of danger.

wasn't havin a dig btw JBG...

It was on BBC teletext last night. Ginola had a "narrow" escape and the article mentioned that Zidane and a few of his team mates were also on holiday in the Indian Ocean at the time but were unaffected.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby andy_g » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:31 pm

ah, there you go see. i miss the quality reports being out of reach of the BBC :)

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:35 pm

I'd imagine the report was slightly exagerated Andy given that they are famous footballers, although Ginola stated that he was in his apartment at the time and the floor just collapsed under the torrents.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 82-1096093233 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:06 pm

In another interview on Sky MO was asked why he left Liverpool FC and would he be coming back.

He said that he had already answered the first question and avoided the second.

Can anyone remind me what he said about leaving, I realise it was all about money but how did he deal with the loyalty issues?
82-1096093233

Postby Paul C » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:14 pm

Former Brazil boss Wanderley Luxemburgo has replaced Mariano Garcia Remon as coach of Real Madrid.

Real confirmed the move at a news conference on Thursday, which followed a board meeting.

Luxemburgo, 52, quit as boss of Brazilian champions Santos to become Real's third coach this season.

"It's a great pleasure. To work with Real Madrid is the dream of any coach," said Luxemburgo after his arrival at Madrid's Barajas airport.

Jose Antonio Camacho was in charge at the start of the season, but left three weeks in amid reports he found the team's superstars too hard to handle.

Remon, who will remain with the club but in a reduced capacity, succeeded Jose Antonio Camacho as coach but, like his predecessor, struggled to motivate Madrid's star players. Siunce Remon took over, but the Spanish giants have continued to struggle in La Liga and are in fifth place, 13 points adrift of leaders Barcelona.

Real also struggled to qualify for the second round of the Champions League.

Luxemburgo, who coached the Brazil national team between 1998 and 2000, led them to success at the 1999 Copa America.

He led Santos to the recently-completed Brazilian championship.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:18 pm

eh??? i though they were getting sacchi...

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:13 pm

i think saachi is the director of football, or he`s being lined up to be

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:59 pm

it is only a matter of time when sacchi sacks the brazilian and hires a italian to couch madrid. Isn't that the current in-thing for the football directors  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:54 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:LFC Fan for Life, are you AB's even stupider twin or what?

It is in the AB style to post a cutting and sensationalise it, dont fall into that trap.

Chelsea are favorites to win the league, and Michael said so, get over him leaving will you ?

Not sure if you know yet Leon, but LFCfanforlife is AB.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion