Now shevchenko joins chealsea! - How can we beat them?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby redsince2001 » Fri May 26, 2006 7:53 pm

Milan and Chelsea to begin Sheva talks
Friday May 26 2006

AC Milan have accepted Andriy Shevchenko's request to leave the club but have warned Chelsea they must break the bank to land the 29-year-old Ukrainian international forward.

Shevchenko appeared alongside AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani at the club's offices in Via Turati in downtown Milan at a hastily arranged press conference to announce his decision on Friday afternoon.

Shevchenko said: "I am leaving for family reasons - I want to thank the club for everything it's given to me. There's no problems regarding my relationship with anyone in the club or any financial problems."

Galliani, in day to day control of the club owned by former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi, said: "It's a victory of the English language over the Italian language."

That was apparently a reference to Shevchenko's American wife who reportedly wants a move to England.

"I've tried to convince him to stay - even one minute prior to the press conference," continued Galliani.

"This is certainly the most painful divorce since I have been at Milan and from now on we will begin negotiations with Chelsea and it will not be easy.

========================================

a team of 300m +ballack and now probably the beat striker(alongside henry) in recent years and maybe carlos(?)......how can we possibly stop them?

salary or transfer cap anyone?
:veryangry
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Fri May 26, 2006 7:56 pm

He hasnt even signed yet, this is in the wrong part of the forum and its got nothing to do with Liverpool?? ???
Last edited by Dundalk on Fri May 26, 2006 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri May 26, 2006 7:59 pm

If they do get him they will become a lot stronger. In actual fact a prolific striker up front is something they have lacked since Hassailbank.

We need to step up aswell and im sure Rafa is already on the case.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Fri May 26, 2006 8:03 pm

since we are challenging (hopefully) in the coming season for the EPL crown i would think that how much the back-2-back winners of it are strenghtening DOES concern the would be challengers.

R u mad?? Once they hold a press conference to say he's leaving(and they mention the name of the club interested) it 99.9% sure he'll join chelski.:angry:
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Fri May 26, 2006 8:07 pm

lol ignore him redsince 2001. Im sure Rafa wont let us down. I just hope that the investment sage will come to an end soon and an announcment will be made soon,.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri May 26, 2006 8:07 pm

I guarantee this will be moved
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri May 26, 2006 8:09 pm

What a pointless thread, you are truly a d1ckhead, how many stupid threads have been started over the last 2 days, and how many thread have been put in the wrong section. Has everyone got d1ckhead syndrome?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri May 26, 2006 8:09 pm

How did Benitez win the league in Spain with Valencia against the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid, two teams that had more money and more big names? [particulary Madrid]
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby redsince2001 » Fri May 26, 2006 8:15 pm

For DUMTALK and HOT HANDED LUKE

FROM BBC SPORT

Chelsea to open Shevchenko talks 

Shevchenko scored 19 goals in Serie A last season
AC Milan will hold talks with Chelsea after Andriy Shevchenko confirmed he will leave the Italian club.
Shevchenko, 29, met with Milan vice president Adriano Galliani on Friday to discuss his future and afterwards said: "I'm leaving for family reasons.

"It wasn't a problem of relations and there is no economic problem."

Galliani said: "This is certainly the most painful divorce since I have been at Milan. We will begin negotiations with Chelsea and it will not be easy."

Shevchenko has an American wife and it is understood that they want their son Jordan to learn English.

My wish is that the club can evaluate my transfer

Andriy Shevchenko

Galliani, who is in charge of the day-to-day operations at Milan added: "It's a victory of the English language over the Italian language.

"I've tried to convince him to stay - even one minute prior to the press conference.

Milan offered Shevchenko a contract extension until 2011.

"My wish is that the club can evaluate my transfer," added the Ukraine international.

"Of course I am saddened because I have seen the looks on the faces of the fans and because of the many messages I have received."

Shevchenko's wife, Kristen Pazak, is understood to be friends with the partner of Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich.

"My wife has nothing to do with this," said the striker. "We decided together for the best interests of our family.

"I don't speak English, my wife does not speak Ukrainian - the only language we have in common at the moment is Italian.

"The only way to be able to teach our children our love that we have for them is the English language."

Shevchenko joined Milan from Dynamo Kiev in 1999 and is the second highest scorer in the club's behind Gunnar Nordahl with 173 goals.

He scored 19 goals in 28 Serie A matches last season and he also netted nine goals in the Champions League.

Shevchenko will captain Ukraine at the World Cup finals in Germany this summer.

===============================
do u believe me now dumbA**es?
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Fri May 26, 2006 8:17 pm

WHAT THE HELL HAS IT GOT TO DO WITH LIVERPOOL

THIS IS NOT A CHELSEA FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :angry:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri May 26, 2006 8:19 pm

everybody has known for weeks that shevchenko is going to chelsea. the weird thing is how you're the last to hear about it but think you're the first and think that it should be in this section and think we give a flying fuck.

we'll just play better football than them.... again.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Fri May 26, 2006 8:25 pm

A.B. wrote:How did Benitez win the league in Spain with Valencia against the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid, two teams that had more money and more big names? [particulary Madrid]

That's true.......but remember the one of that the Real Madrid team at that time (and still) wasn't a TEAM but a group of superbly gifted footballers.  Sure they won the Champions League at that time ,but the team's faults can be covered in abt 10 to 12 matches but it isn't the case in the domestic league where the TEAM's faults are exposed during the course of the season.....i doubt whether he would hav had the same success if a well composed (and with lots of $$)team such as the present Barca would hav been playing in the spanish league at that time.

Anyway i hav complete faith in him.....

I'm only saying that it just got that much harder...

But u know wat they say,

WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH, THE TOUGH GET GOING

and Rafa is tough.

But it's still so unfair with chelski
:veryangry  :veryangry

what is it now 450m spend in the last 4 seasons
at this rate why not buy the league....?
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Fri May 26, 2006 8:32 pm

Dundalk wrote:WHAT THE HELL HAS IT GOT TO DO WITH LIVERPOOL

THIS IS NOT A CHELSEA FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :angry:

we are allowed to hate the :censored: here right?

And again i reiterate that since we are goin to be challenging them, it now does concern us to see wat our opponents are up 2.  :talktothehand
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Fri May 26, 2006 8:41 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:What a pointless thread, you are truly a d1ckhead, how many stupid threads have been started over the last 2 days, and how many thread have been put in the wrong section. Has everyone got d1ckhead syndrome?

all the HELLO threads are fine but a thread concerning a major and probably record breaking  aquisition by our rivals who we will have to compete against is pointless......seems to me that your the Dickh*ad here mate!
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri May 26, 2006 8:45 pm

Knock it off, I've moved the thread, no harm done. 

Stop the insults and just discuss the topic or I'll lock the fucker and everybody loses then.
jonnymac1979

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion