Neville... - Guilty

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:36 pm

Neville charged over goal salute 

Neville may be in hot water with the FA over his actions
Manchester United defender Gary Neville has been charged by the Football Association with improper conduct.
Neville's charge relates to his celebrations following the last-gasp winner against Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday.

The FA's action, based on referee Mike Riley's report, comes after Greater Manchester Police wrote expressing concerns over Neville's behaviour.

England international Neville, 30, has until February 10 to respond.

Refereee Riley failed to see the incident but offered his verdict on Neville's actions after reviewing video footage.

Neville was seen to grab his shirt and gesticulate wildly towards Liverpool fans on Rio Ferdinand's late winner.

You are caught up in the moment and for a few seconds you go bananas

The England defender was initially unapologetic about his behaviour.

He said: "I would have been apologetic if I had run up to one of their players and tried to belittle them, but this was a celebration.

"You are caught up in the moment and for a few seconds you go bananas.

"I laughed when I heard someone say it was not the behaviour of a 30-year-old because they are probably the same people who have accused us of lacking passion in recent games."

As the case is not on the FA's new fast-track disciplinary process, Neville may escape with just a heavy fine.

Off the BBC website.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Mikz » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:04 pm

Good slap it up him!

He'll be out some night,and someone will stick the head in him,caught up in the moment and therell be no passion lacking either. :D
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:27 pm

Probably only deserves a  suspended sentence

hang the :censored:   :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:49 am

gary neville has just denied the charge of improper conduct, man that guys a :censored: :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby soccerforever » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:13 am

neville sucks
:(
soccerforever

Postby soccerforever » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:14 am

but ronaldo is soooo effing sexy
soccerforever

Postby Squigels » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:46 am

If Carragher did this at Anfield there would be no problem.

It happans in Football its the passion we want out of players  he is Uniteds version of Carragher the player fans can most closely associate with and a player who applauds the fans home and away evrey game. He talks like a shop steward but is still held in high regard.

Alan Green reacted as if Neville whipped off his kaks and started shakiing his money maker at the Liverpool contingent and i won't give my views on Brian Barwick. Like all fans i think that the F.A are against whomever i support i bet there is loads of complaints here about the F.A as well
Squigels

Return to Premiership - General Discussion