Jose mourinho. - Miracle or myth.

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:03 am

bigmick wrote:That said, even though Houllier lost it, he sure did win a lot of trophies compared to Rafa, and he got us into second, and he got us within seven points of the league winners. I might have to do a Mourinho type expose on his record to see how it compares to our other managers.

Dude...even though houllier isn't in the best managers league...he had no problem winning  3 top trophies in 2001. Benitez for all his hero worshipping here has proven time and again he has problem concentrating on multiple fronts......

A top manager will not have any problem  being a success on multiple fronts.....

Mourinho has no such problem...  :p

He won the double in his 1st season......then he won the double again in his 3rd season.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:03 pm

The_Rock wrote:
bigmick wrote:That said, even though Houllier lost it, he sure did win a lot of trophies compared to Rafa, and he got us into second, and he got us within seven points of the league winners. I might have to do a Mourinho type expose on his record to see how it compares to our other managers.

Dude...even though houllier isn't in the best managers league...he had no problem winning  3 top trophies in 2001. Benitez for all his hero worshipping here has proven time and again he has problem concentrating on multiple fronts......

A top manager will not have any problem  being a success on multiple fronts.....

Mourinho has no such problem...  :p

He won the double in his 1st season......then he won the double again in his 3rd season.

Yous two need a statue made out of Mourinio to put in your front room so you can pay homage to the great messaih every day..

:laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:45 am

Mourinho is not as good as you might think Mick. In his whole career as a manager he actually lost one league game at home FC Porto-Beira Mar Aveiro 2-3 on 23-02-02. His ONLY EVER home league defeat. So in 9 years he has lost 1 league game at home :D

Unbelievable that mate.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:09 am

s@int wrote:Mourinho is not as good as you might think Mick. In his whole career as a manager he actually lost one league game at home FC Porto-Beira Mar Aveiro 2-3 on 23-02-02. His ONLY EVER home league defeat. So in 9 years he has lost 1 league game at home :D

Unbelievable that mate.

Mind you S@int, the winner was well offside by all accounts  :laugh:

Incredible really though isn't it. I'm not being funny, people talk about him having lots of money to spend, but his record truly is amazing.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:36 am

I know many say they don't like him, but was this not funny as feck :laugh: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnzKK0WcoI8&feature=related
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:55 pm

As flawed a manager as I think Rafa is (rotation, poor signings, little confidence in players, boring football etc) I still think he is better than Houllier. He was a spoofer. I agree with Fowler's incredibly low opinion of him as a manager.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:01 pm

A timely reminder of why some people can't seem to warm to Mourinho, no matter how undeniably good his record is.  The man is good copy but he has no class.

--------------------
MALDINI HITS BACK AT MOURINHO
Posted 06/03/09 10:22
EmailPrintSave

Serie A 2008/09 Win Outright: AC Milan 12/1

AC Milan defender Paolo Maldini has responded angrily to Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho's claims that the Rossoneri win will nothing this season.

The veteran defender is eager to remind the Inter coach that he is yet to win a single Scudetto, when Maldini already has five.

The comment came as a response to a swipe from the Portuguese, who has made enemies of many Serie A managers including Luciano Spalletti of Roma, Claudio Ranieri of Juventus and Milan's Carlo Ancelotti.

"It doesn't matter that Milan have so many players with a winning mentality, this season they will finish with no trophies," Mourinho said after the Coppa Italia clash with Sampdoria.

"And Juventus only find themselves in such a good position due to refereeing errors."

Maldini rarely shies away from the media spotlight and replied: "I don't want to trade insults with Mourinho, but he really can't make these claims until he wins something for Inter himself.

"As far as I know, he is discussing something which he has a chance of winning, but which I have already won five times."

Yet Maldini's final season for the Rossoneri before retiring does look set to end without any silverware.

The 40-year-old defender's team were eliminated from the UEFA Cup by Werder Bremen and the club are 12 points behind Mourinho's men in the Serie A table.

LINK
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby GYBS » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:08 pm

No Class - AC Milan have proved themselves on many occasions how good they are as a team over decades in both italy and europe .  Inter got given a title due to all the corruption then mancini won them another title and maureen walked into an already title winning team . The guy is a first class clown
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:11 pm

Mourinho is a card, he´s no different to Shanks or Cloughie, when things go quiet he pops up with a comment.

Shanks annoyed the $híte out of the other managers talking LFC up and the others down.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:28 pm

No class? Can't get into that Bob sorry. Did Rafa have no class when he talked about Ferguson manipulating the FA, did he have no class when he talked about Everton being a small club or moaned about Boltons physical tactics? Mourinho is always looking for the edge, that extra 1%  which will make the opposition lose focus for a moment and he's prepared to wind them up to get it. I'll bet the Inter fans are well into it, just as the Liverpool fans were when Rafa called Everton a small club, or when Shankly said he wouldn't go to the end of his garden to watch them.

As for GYBS's "first class clown" retort, he may be many things etc etc. It's quite possible not to like Mourinho as many on here demonstrate, but surely we can accept that he isn't a "clown". Silly comment really.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:49 pm

bigmick wrote:No class? Can't get into that Bob sorry. Did Rafa have no class when he talked about Ferguson manipulating the FA, did he have no class when he talked about Everton being a small club or moaned about Boltons physical tactics? Mourinho is always looking for the edge, that extra 1%  which will make the opposition lose focus for a moment and he's prepared to wind them up to get it. I'll bet the Inter fans are well into it, just as the Liverpool fans were when Rafa called Everton a small club, or when Shankly said he wouldn't go to the end of his garden to watch them.

As for GYBS's "first class clown" retort, he may be many things etc etc. It's quite possible not to like Mourinho as many on here demonstrate, but surely we can accept that he isn't a "clown". Silly comment really.

Okay, Mick, I'll revise and say he has little class.  For me, the issue is that he's always in with the mind games, sly digs, put downs, bigging ups, etc.  It seems like it's a nonstop effort to wind his opposition up and, if this board has taught us nothing else, it's taught us that no one suffers a WUM gladly.  And make no mistake, mate, Mourinho's a WUM.  A WUM who knows how to excel at managing football sides, I'll grant you, but a WUM nonetheless.

Incidentally, you asked about Rafa's comments and, for me, those are some of the least likeable moments in Rafa's tenure.  In part because they stoop to the same level as the people he's needling and in part because they're just ever so slightly cringeworthy--like he's trying to too hard.  Others will disagree but I prefer Rafa when he sticks to his vague and oft-repeated patter about possibilities and kwalitee and leaves the wind ups to others.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:27 pm

Agree on the last bit Bob, when Rafa tries to get involved in such things it kind of looks wrong, embarrassing really. His peiece of paper with the "facts" about Ferguson simply didn't come off, either long term with regards our form, or short term in the sense it just didn't look right. Mourinho is a total WUM I agree (although at least YOU can see through that and accept he is no "clown" as a football manager) and he would have delivered the Rafa speech with jokes, smiles, indignation, shrigs of the shoulders and no doubt thinly veiled accusations of all sorts of shenanighans. 

That said, you only had to see how the majority of managers reacted to Mourinho to see he was very well liked amongst the rank and file managers in the Premiership. He was very respectful to all the other bosses in the league, he reserved his wind ups for Ferguson, Rafa and Wenger.

The thing to remember about him and to consider, is that he is a winner who will do almost whatever it takes to win football matches. Was the Chelsea team which we overcame in the Champions League semi final a better team than the one which put Barcelona out? I don't think it was no, to be honest. Nor did I agree with the nonsense about the ref, and Rjiikjard supposedly talking to him and all that nonsense. It completely unhinged Barca thoug, and Chelsea won through.

I know the obvious retort is then that Rafa bettered Mourinho in the semi, and he did. We did though I think it's fair to say get the rub in both our semi final wins over Chelsea. I remember distanctly in the first one Lampard missing from under the crossbar in the first leg, and Gudjohnson missing from a yard  with seconds left in the second leg. On the smallest of margins are the history books written, and Mourinho IMHO is well aware of this, and if he can influence history by 1% with some wind-up or other he won't hesitate.

Sometimes the wind ups aren't enough, although I must confess I find them funny more than anything. I don't think his wind ups will be enough against the Mancs, but I bet God loves him for trying. I loved the bit where he said Man Utd would go to Italy and defend (they didn't) and when he predicted Fergies team. Not shaking hands with old whisky nose was lackig in class, sending him a bottle of wine and saying it would go down to final seconds etc is all part of the game. Like I say, the Mancs are a much better team than Inter so I don't think it'll work.

Can't blame him for trying though, and they were the only team in a while who haven't lost to the Mancs. He rarely does infact, it's one defeat in 13 against Ferguson now for various clubs. Hardly a "clown" as I say.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:05 am

Theres only one thing i would like to see Mourinio do an that would be to runn down the line at old Trafford an say shhhs to the Mancs after knocking them out  :laugh: that would make my year never mind my day :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:35 am

NANNY RED wrote:Theres only one thing i would like to see Mourinio do an that would be to runn down the line at old Trafford an say shhhs to the Mancs after knocking them out  :laugh: that would make my year never mind my day :laugh:

Me too Nan, but it might be a bridge too far even for him. I still can't work out how they didn't lose the first match, Man Utd were absolutely all over em.

At Old Trafford, Mourinho will be trying every single mind game in the book. He'll be moaning about the ref before the match, bringing up stats about how few penalties Man Utd have had given against them at Home. He'll bring Milan out late for the second half, they'll be diving, cheating, holding, going off for injuries, time wasting you name it. Mourinho will probably get sent to the stand which will take ten minutes to play out, the bench will be up, the assistant ref will get knocked over in the furore.

There will not be a single stone left unturned in Mourinho's quest to win it. They'll take penalities as a result all day long, if they score they won't just park the bus they'll turn it on it's side and set fire to it before erecting a barbed wire fence around the edge of the area.

Ultimately though, I can't see any other result other than Morinho losing his second match in 14 meetings against the Mancs for various clubs. It'd be lovely if he could put them out, but this time despite everything the mancs are just too strong for them.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:29 am

GYBS wrote:No Class - AC Milan have proved themselves on many occasions how good they are as a team over decades in both italy and europe .  Inter got given a title due to all the corruption then mancini won them another title and maureen walked into an already title winning team . The guy is a first class clown

you say AC milan have proven over the years how good they are, then go on to mention inter winning the title because of other teams corruption.

correct me if i am wrong, AC were docked 15 points and banned from europe for match fixing (maybe the europe ban was lifted), i wouldn't call that class and it also brings into question previous title wins, how long was this match fixing going on?

i think any team is only as good as their current form, history doesn't win titles, last season doesn't win titles, inter are by far the best in italy at the moment and will win the title thanks to the manager, he has proven his ability is no flash in the pan.

whatever people think of him personally is neither here nor there, the fact is he is a winner.

I used to dislike him because his wind ups were aimed at us, if he was doing these things as our manager whilst winning titles we would think he was great, our manager tried it just before we went into reverse, did it have an affect on our season, his comments about red nose? i doubt it, our negative football caught up with us.
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion