Jose mourinho. - Miracle or myth.

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:31 pm

GYBS wrote:So the answer is yes then - you think that maureen can walk into any top 4 club in prem and serie a and win the title straight away ? what about in la liga with say atletico or valencia or sevilla ?

No, the question you asked me was specifically about AC Milan and Juventus. Neither play in the Prem so I'm not saying he could walk into "any top four club in Serie A or the Prem and win the title straight away"  :D

Not the most subtle trap this GYBS mate. You might as well dig a hole in the gound, cover it with sticks and grass and then put a sign saying "BEWARE, HOLE IN THE GROUND" next to it.

No, I think Mourinho would have woin the title with us this season. Next season will be difficult for whoever is the manager because all our rivals with the remotely possible exception of Aston Villa will have better teams.

As for La Liga, I know very little about it other than the fact that by all accounts Barcelona are a good team, and it is a strong league, and we usually sign our players from there. So I couldn't say really.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:33 pm

Ok so what about with roma in the serie a ? arsenal in the prem ?

Just trying to gage exactly how good you think he is as he is now mentioned by yourself in most threads  :;):
Last edited by GYBS on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:42 pm

Roma serie A, no idea. Never heard of the place :p :D

Arsenal. No I don't think he could be successful at Arsenal for some time. They are the one team out of the top five in England which Mourinho couldn't manage. They play far too expansive a style for him, and that would take a long time to change.

I think he'd have won the title with us this season though if that helps.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:44 pm

Ok - is there any manager in the world you rate higher than maureen ? maybe bar wenger and taggert
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:09 pm

Well I obviously only know about probably 3% of them or something. Of the ones I know of though, the three you've mentioned there would be very close to being the best IMHO yes. I am talking in English football too. Who out of Rafa, Fergie or Wenger would have the biggest chance of winning the title with Madrid? Well I would think it's probably be Wenger, but only just from Rafa. It depends on the league you're playing in.

I've said many times though that I think if rafa isn't here we should try to get Mourinho. That's because I think he'd be our best option by a distance. If you asked me whether I'd rather have rafa at the club next season or Mourinho, I'd go for Mourinho without a seconds hesitation. I'm not trying to hide my opinion here mate, it's the Mourinho thread which I started and I'm telling it like it is.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:11 pm

no thats fine just trying to gage the facts thats all - so has this wanting of maureen just been hiding simmering in the background waiting to burst out now to the point its on every thread you post mate ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:17 pm

GYBS wrote:no thats fine just trying to gage the facts thats all - so has this wanting of maureen just been hiding simmering in the background waiting to burst out now to the point its on every thread you post mate ?

:D Ah the killer blow. No funnily enough my realistation of what a really top manager he is only came once I started digging into his record. Once you and Lando basically dismissed him on the grounds that it's all money, he's "dropped on" etc and I started to look into it that's when I became properly convinced.

Previously I've only really stuck his name into the mix to dispell the absolutely ridiculous notion that there is nobody else.

If we don't manage to overhaul man Utd this season nor win the Champions League (and there is at least a smidgeon of a chance that it may happen) then we'll be three years without a trophy. There are quite a few managers who could manage Liverpool for three years and not win a trophy I think, we shouldn't have to look too far for fully qualified potential replacements.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:21 pm

so should arsenal get rid of wenger then as well ? as it will be close to 5 years for them ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:37 pm

GYBS wrote:so should arsenal get rid of wenger then as well ? as it will be close to 5 years for them ?

But to be fair to Arsenal they have been financially restricted over the past few years as their stadium was built. For example in the financial years 2006 they made a profit on transfers. For the financial year 2007 they made a profit on transfers. (I don't have the figures for 2008 yet)

Can you name another top 4 club in any of the bigger leagues that has actually made a profit on transfers over a couple of seasons.
account deleted by request

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:38 pm

wasnt talking money saint - just looking at trophies now - asrenal n nothing sicne 2004 ? or did they win fa cup in 2005 ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:44 pm

They won the league 2004 ,FA CUP 2005

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:46 pm

so if the end up with nothing this season that is 4 years then ? a season they came 2nd then 4th then 4th then 3rd and this year nearly out of the cl places - so should wenger be sacked ? or leave ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:49 pm

I probably wouldn't but you never know. Personally I think he has done a good job keeping Arsenal in contention while rebuilding his team AND still making a profit in the transfer market. They did finish above us last season mate.

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:51 pm

yes last season they did finish above but not too fair above us nowlook at them - and by all accoutns the money is there - he just wont spend it cause he wants hsi youngsters to play .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:51 pm

As I've said before about Wenger, leaving aside the fact he has made profit on trnasfers for proabably the last three seasons, he has equity in terms of what he has done there before. If you are being asked to believe he is about to build a team which is capable of great things, you are more inclined to believe it if he's done it before. That's why i think it would be a mistake for arsenal to sack him.

Anyway, threads not about Rafa or Wenger, it's about Mourinho. I think he will win the title in Italy this year (not exactly sticking my neck out there I know) and I think he would have won the Premiership with us this season if he'd been here. You mention Chelsea or Man City GYBS (or at least someone did). If he goes to Chelsea next season, I think he will the title. If he stays in Italy, I think he will win the title. If he goes to Man City, regardless of how far back they finish, and how lowly their league position is I'll have a few quid on them finishing top four. If anyone on here wants to match the odds which are widely available at the time, I'll happily have a bet with them instead.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion