Jose mourinho. - Miracle or myth.

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Zidane » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:49 pm

bigmick wrote:Interesting article on him in the Times, hopefully this works

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol....955.ece

John Terry seems like a bit of a fan, but no surprise there I guess.

Then, under unbearable pressure, he uttered the fateful — and in a professional sense, suicidal — words “let’s give it a bit longer”. Soon after he lost his job. And that, in a nutshell, is the difference between him and Capello, a man who will never say “let’s give it ten minutes”.

Taken from that article, "let's give it ten minutes" is something Rafa does far too often at times.  Maybe should have posted this in another forum but I got it from Mick's post so yeah.
Zidane

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:08 am

An interesting Mourinho quote Mick :-

" Some managers have a big excuse when they go to a big club. They say ‘I need a lot of time to do it’. If you say this, you get protection. If you don’t win the title in the first season, or second season, you can keep saying ‘I need time’. Sometimes you stay for four or five years, keep not winning, and then keep demanding more time.

“I could never be like this. I live for the risk. I believe you can do it in the first season, and if you do not, you fail. I prefer it like this. I prefer the pressure because that’s how I live."
account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:57 am

Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:45 am

s@int wrote:An interesting Mourinho quote Mick :-

" Some managers have a big excuse when they go to a big club. They say ‘I need a lot of time to do it’. If you say this, you get protection. If you don’t win the title in the first season, or second season, you can keep saying ‘I need time’. Sometimes you stay for four or five years, keep not winning, and then keep demanding more time.

“I could never be like this. I live for the risk. I believe you can do it in the first season, and if you do not, you fail. I prefer it like this. I prefer the pressure because that’s how I live."

Incredible S@int when you consider that if he wins the title at Inter, he'll have won the league in Portugal, England and Italy at the first time of asking when he's managed a competitive club.

No five year plans for this fella.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:01 pm

I just heard an interesting fact about Mourinho, he hasn't lost a home league game in 7 years.
Zidane

Postby Greavesie » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:52 pm

Zidane wrote:I just heard an interesting fact about Mourinho, he hasn't lost a home league game in 7 years.

yeh just heard that one during the game too. He's gone 110 games now without losing a home game in the league.
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:05 pm

Judge wrote:Igor would you say that if we signed cristiano ronaldo?

Do i really need to answer that judge . Whatdo you think mate?
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:21 pm

Zidane wrote:I just heard an interesting fact about Mourinho, he hasn't lost a home league game in 7 years.

Does that include tonights game mate? I think those who were hoping that Mourinho could set the record points total in Italy in hsi first season, like he did in England and the one in Portugal, both of which still stand were dealt a crushing blow tonight. It now looks very unlikely.

Inter won of course, 2-1 at home against AC Milan but the really bad thing as far as the record is concerned is that Juventus only drew. I think that puts Inter 9 points clear at the top. Teams trying to set points records really need a challenge to spur them on I think. It's like when he won the title here for the second time, there were no challengers so Chelsea fell away and only got 91 points, 4 below their record of the previus season. With a challenger they might have got 100 points whioch would have been some managerial effort.

It really is beginning to look though liek it's going to be a title in his first season, again. Amazing really.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:30 am

See if Mourinho was to look for an improved contract, a longer contract etc I could understand the logic. He IS going to win the title in Italy this season (his first). Perhaps he'll ask for one I don't know. I doubt though as I think he wants to come back to England. My bet is wherever he ends up he'll do another fantastic job. Wonder if he can win a title in his first season again.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:44 am

Quick question mick - do you think if Maureen had taken over AC Milan or Juventus or Roma they would be top right now ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:05 pm

Having seen the game last night, Inter are a typical Mourinho team, no invention or flair, just functional, boring football. If they play like that against United they'll get tw@tted. If Kaka was playing last night AC Milan would have won IMO.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:12 pm

inter won the milan derby

boring or not, they will probably win the title there. that must tell folk that this guy has the golden touch.

hated him at chelsea, but have to agree he's a quality manager that can win things
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:06 pm

GYBS wrote:Quick question mick - do you think if Maureen had taken over AC Milan or Juventus or Roma they would be top right now ?

I don't know enough about Italian football to have a proper guess mate. Juventus are 9 points behind Inter Milan now, Ac Milian are I think eleven points.

Juventus are managed by Ranieri, who in his last season at Chelsea, having had a few years to work with the players, work out his rotations, his options, his possibilities, to buy pretty much who he wanted, finished the Premiership on 79 points. Arsenal won it without losing a game (still say that was a brilliant team that one) and got 90 points. Would many have said at that point, "tell you what, Mourinho will win it in his first season"?

Well on eperson did, Mourinho of course. He arrived and said they'd win the title. After a few games, he even began to specualte which ground they'd finally win it at "I think we will win at Bolton, obviously I hope it's sooner but it'll be difficult blah blah blah".

Course, he stuck 16 points (THATS SIXTEEN POINTS) on top of Ranieri's total, and they p!ssed the league with 95 points.

So I think probably the short answer is yes. As I've said on the main boards, if he was managing us this season with the same group of players, my guess is we'd be five or six points clear of the Mancs today.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:08 pm

stmichael wrote:Having seen the game last night, Inter are a typical Mourinho team, no invention or flair, just functional, boring football. If they play like that against United they'll get tw@tted. If Kaka was playing last night AC Milan would have won IMO.

Yes it'll be interesting to see how they go against the Mancs. Mind you, I did read yesterday that Mourinho's record against them is played 12, won 6, drawn 5 and lost 1 in his career, so unsurprisingly he's probably feeling fairly confident.

Not sure on those stats BTW, as always with mine it's a bucket of salt job.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:21 pm

bigmick wrote:
GYBS wrote:Quick question mick - do you think if Maureen had taken over AC Milan or Juventus or Roma they would be top right now ?

I don't know enough about Italian football to have a proper guess mate. Juventus are 9 points behind Inter Milan now, Ac Milian are I think eleven points.

Juventus are managed by Ranieri, who in his last season at Chelsea, having had a few years to work with the players, work out his rotations, his options, his possibilities, to buy pretty much who he wanted, finished the Premiership on 79 points. Arsenal won it without losing a game (still say that was a brilliant team that one) and got 90 points. Would many have said at that point, "tell you what, Mourinho will win it in his first season"?

Well on eperson did, Mourinho of course. He arrived and said they'd win the title. After a few games, he even began to specualte which ground they'd finally win it at "I think we will win at Bolton, obviously I hope it's sooner but it'll be difficult blah blah blah".

Course, he stuck 16 points (THATS SIXTEEN POINTS) on top of Ranieri's total, and they p!ssed the league with 95 points.

So I think probably the short answer is yes. As I've said on the main boards, if he was managing us this season with the same group of players, my guess is we'd be five or six points clear of the Mancs today.

So the answer is yes then - you think that maureen can walk into any top 4 club in prem and serie a and win the title straight away ? what about in la liga with say atletico or valencia or sevilla ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion