Jose mourinho. - Miracle or myth.

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:03 am

Edited - mustn't get banned.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:05 am

All this is fun, of course, but sadly for some it is all in vein as Moris will NEVER manage Liverpool Football Club.

I guess we're all just going to have to live with the fact that Rafa isn't going anywhere.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:07 am

Lando mate, I pretty much have the same feelings on Mourinho and the progress we've made under Rafa, but you have 4 cards, we're few in the Rafa vessel (plus Leon is not here and Bob who used to do the maps is thinking of leaving the Rafa ship), so don't get fúcking banned. Chill down a bit mate, please. See you all tomorrow
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:12 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:All this is fun, of course, but sadly for some it is all in vein as Moris will NEVER manage Liverpool Football Club.

I guess we're all just going to have to live with the fact that Rafa isn't going anywhere.

I don't think the Yanks will sack him, and although I'm not convinced he's the man to win us the Premiership, I'm definitely not at the stage of calling for his head either.  But there is a serious possibility he will walk either over this contract, over players' contracts not getting sorted earlier, over Parry, or over lack of funds for transfers.  If the Yanks do sell, then the new owners might not be fans of Rafa's back-chat, and perhaps they will be the ones to fire him.  Who knows?

His job's fairly safe at the moment I reckon, but things change very fast in football.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:41 am

Interesting article on him in the Times, hopefully this works

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol....955.ece

John Terry seems like a bit of a fan, but no surprise there I guess.
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:58 am

I guess many here know I am a huge mourinho fan.....Have backed him a lot since he came here. So not gonna praise him that much here (mick has basically given out all the praise that there is...nothing more for me to add :p )

Anyway...just hope the special one can work out another miracle against  fergie's manure. I don't want manure coming anywhere near our European record also.... (think we have really blown the league TBH).

Who knows.....inter knocking out manure may well put that club in a blimmmmmpppp of their own....and maybe this time benitez can capitalise on it..... :p

BTW...how things would have turned out if parry...moores or whoever the heck went for their 1st choice instead of an alternative when houllier left....  ???

Thats my mourinho pop for the day.........

Thats all folks....

Note to GYBS: Its Porto....not Porton.... Notice you have a tendency to mis-spell when mourinho is involved.....  :wwww
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:21 am

I think GYBS in particular is interested in how it goes

You couldnt be more wrong mick , but you enjoy your research while i support Our own Team ,Players and Manager while we challenge for the title .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:10 am

GYBS wrote:I think GYBS in particular is interested in how it goes

You couldnt be more wrong mick , but you enjoy your research while i support Our own Team ,Players and Manager while we challenge for the title .

Get Yer Boots Son
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:03 am

Yes mourinho is a class act . I love how history is rewritten on here . Morinho is one hell of a manager i will never deny that ,because yer can't . Mourinho tends to assemble teams in his own image though . Arrogant self obsessed cheating diving dirty as feck teams . I'm sorry i just can't be sensible about the tw@t ,,he is one horrible tw@t . If he ever became manager of LFC , i would be sick as a dog . I wouldn't give up or anything like that , (not for that c@nt ) i would just not recognise the fecker , wouldn't even metion his name . NO CHANCE ,NOT IN A MILLION YEARS..
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:35 am

Igor Zidane wrote:Yes mourinho is a class act . I love how history is rewritten on here . Morinho is one hell of a manager i will never deny that ,because yer can't . Mourinho tends to assemble teams in his own image though . Arrogant self obsessed cheating diving dirty as feck teams . I'm sorry i just can't be sensible about the tw@t ,,he is one horrible tw@t . If he ever became manager of LFC , i would be sick as a dog . I wouldn't give up or anything like that , (not for that c@nt ) i would just not recognise the fecker , wouldn't even metion his name . NO CHANCE ,NOT IN A MILLION YEARS..

I don't want to get too involved in this argument because its all pie in the sky anyway. I do however believe if Mourinho came and helped us win the league you would be shouting his name just as loud as anyone mate....... maybe not quite as loud?  :D

Especially if he came in made all the right noises about how he has always loved the club, respected our traditions etc etc etc

At the end of the day its about winning mate, and if he got us winning titles his past indiscretions would soon be forgotten.

FFS we nearly signed Bowyer, we did sign Bellamy.

I think Mourinho is one of those that upsets people when he's on the outside p!ssing in, but that people love when he's on the inside p!ssing out.

Fair enough if I am wrong Igor, but I honestly don't think so mate....... but obviously I can't speak for you, only you know the truth of how you feel mate.
account deleted by request

Postby Judge » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:58 am

Igor would you say that if we signed cristiano ronaldo?
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:48 am

For the benefit of the people who are closely following Mourinho's attempt to get that record of holding the record points totals in three different countries at the same time, they have got a tricky game coming up on Sunday, AC Milan at Home. They follow that up with a winnable match at Bologna. Should be interesting.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:33 am

bigmick wrote:For the benefit of the people who are closely following Mourinho's attempt to get that record of holding the record points totals in three different countries at the same time, they have got a tricky game coming up on Sunday, AC Milan at Home. They follow that up with a winnable match at Bologna. Should be interesting.

Nah, I'm not following it that closely Mick..  :D

Is Mourinho the man you'd like to replace Rafa Mick ?

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:33 pm

Bam wrote:Nah, I'm not following it that closely Mick..  :D

Is Mourinho the man you'd like to replace Rafa Mick ?

You may not be Bam but I know for certain there are one or two members who are particularly interested, they've not exactly asked me to keep them abreast of things but I know they want me to really   :D.

As for new managers, I'm happy to see the season out with this one and then see where we go. My interest in Mourinho was and is just to counteract the absolutely ridiculous noinsense which gets peddled on here that there is absolutely nobody else who could possibly manage the club other than the current manager. So keen are they to peddle this myth, that they decide to host a poll about who should replace the current manager and not include one of the most obvious candidates    :laugh:  :D . Sammy Lee was deemed more wothy of a place in the poll than the bloke who holds the points record for the league we are talking about.

Just putting the record straight mate thats all. If you're not careful, the reality of situations and facts get buried under a blanket of misinformation, omissions, abuse and nonsense.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:20 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:When you actually come up with specific examples of his ability to alter games and outwit opponents, rather than say "well, he won this and this with an inherited squad", I'll talk football.

I think you'll remember Mourinho had a deserved reputation for making bold substitutions in League games.
More often than not, having a massive impact on the game.

I dont think Mourinho's forte is "outwitting" opponensts with tactics per se; just as Rafa's forte is not man-management.
Last edited by Effes on Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion