It's chelsea - Unless they trip up

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby marcus.c » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:26 pm

Chelsea are flying fast towards the EPL title and all the rest of the field can do is hope they trip and fall on their own.

Although nothing is for certain, just a month ago people were saying, 'how do you stop Arsenal' and suddenly now it's how 'do you stop Chelsea?'

I got to give the Blues some credit. At the beginning of the season they got a lot of stick for the way they were playing. They weren't playing badly but they were winning points with the odd goal. It was touch and go stuff and to many it looked like they were being lucky. Now they are destroying the opposition with amazing efficiency, exploiting every single loop hole and players such as Makelele know what it takes to win titles. I suppose because of all that early flak about being boring, Chelsea are now trying to prove a point.

I believe that Chelsea will grow stronger as the season goes. They will also win many more titles to come. Reason is simple, they have the money, they have a master tactician and players that wants to prove a point. With so many stars on the line up, they will all consistantly perform their best in order to be selected and that can be only a good thing.
marcus.c

Postby Dom1 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:47 pm

good point, fairly obvious but good :)

i would just like to highlight the whole MONEY aspect of the rise and rise of Chelsea FC ..
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:46 am

Dom1 wrote:good point, fairly obvious but good :)

i would just like to highlight the whole MONEY aspect of the rise and rise of Chelsea FC ..

we are going to win dom
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:40 am

All of a sudden Chelsea have become a "big club" in the eyes of many pundits. Which puzzles me because Chelsea's trophy cabinet is no better than Evertons. While they do have money and are on the top of the league they will go through a bad patch and drop points.

We play them next Saturday and I am looking forward to that game. We lost to them once already but on the road and if we play like we did against Arsenal, three points are ours.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dom1 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:50 pm

A.B. wrote:Which puzzles me because Chelsea's trophy cabinet is no better than Evertons.

which means its pretty good, not bad!  :D
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby A.B. » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:40 am

Dom1 wrote:
A.B. wrote:Which puzzles me because Chelsea's trophy cabinet is no better than Evertons.

which means its pretty good, not bad!  :D

I'm sure in your fantasy the trophy cabinet is huge................ and empty.  :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dom1 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:34 pm

just the first thing
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby 77-1099054247 » Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:11 pm

On current form, Chelsea are the best team in the prem.

They will probably win this season. :(

They were also an almost nothing club in some people's eyes, until Abramovich put his cash in.

But Mourinho is a great manager!

Oh well....after all, money can buy you a title...can buy a good manager...and top players!!

But you can't forget that Terry, Gallas, Lampard and Gudjohnsen-a crucial part of their team were all there before Abramovich.

You can spend money but it takes character and togetherness to turn green into silverware.
77-1099054247

Postby marcus.c » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:35 pm

They have been on the biggest stage before and they know what winning feels like. That is the kind of chemisty that allows top players to bond playing style at a shorter time. Not only Chelsea but big teams like Ac Milan, Barcelona and Real have all proven that players with quality do not need much time to bond together.
marcus.c

Postby simic_ie » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:06 pm

In fairness Evertons trophy cabinet is a damn sight better than Chelsea's, at least its a club with a history
Last edited by simic_ie on Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby marcus.c » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:49 am

simic_ie wrote:In fairness Evertons trophy cabinet is a damn sight better than Chelsea's, at least its a club with a history

Everton fan?
marcus.c

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:10 pm

Not only Chelsea but big teams like Ac Milan, Barcelona and Real have all proven that players with quality do not need much time to bond together.

Real Madrid are light years away from first place in the La Liga, proven players = ego's and ego's are hard to control.
Last edited by A.B. on Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby marcus.c » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:12 am

A.B. wrote:
Not only Chelsea but big teams like Ac Milan, Barcelona and Real have all proven that players with quality do not need much time to bond together.

Real Madrid are light years away from first place in the La Liga, proven players = ego's and ego's are hard to control.

Light years away? Mind you they are only 10 points away from Barcelona and on same points with Velencia. Barcelona, which is currently holding the top spot, has seen quite a number of changes to its line up for this season as well.
marcus.c

Return to Premiership - General Discussion