Funny old game, footie

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:09 pm

Just looking at the leagure, forget the top, look at the bottom.

Apart from Derby who have imploded, there are a whopping 8 teams within 8 points of eachother all battling away for the honour of going down.

Why when teams start to play badly cant they get out of it? Ok, you expect 3-4 teams to strugggle but 8+Derby is basically half the league threatened with relegation! Crazy!

I guess the moaners would say it demonstrates that the best are getting better and those without funds are sinking to new depths but thats cr@p because Bolton and Wigan - just two examples - had good seasons last year and WestHam made it to Wembley. Plus of course, Wigan´s wage bill is the highest in the country?

Seems more a case of once these primadonnas start to lose their heads go down and the poor diddum´s get depressed.

Strange world out there lads.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:37 pm

I don't know what this thread is tring to get at, but it seems like it has something to do with relegation.

It would appear to be Fulham and Bolton joining Derby as the three teams to get relegated.

A quick check on their respective fixture lists will show that Bolton have the toughest run in. Newcastle have three crucial games at home against fellow strugglers which they need to win, whilst Sunderland have a few winnable games too.
LFC2007

Postby destro » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:02 pm

I have to say, I watched Newcastle last night and they are, despite what the table says THE WORST team in the Premiership they really are that bad, they couldn't string two passes together last night and spent most of the game whacking it as far up the pitch as possible. I think they are in real trouble of going down.

I know there a lot of people on here who think Owen deserves all he gets because of the way he left Liverpool but I am still a big fan of him as a player and it is painful to watch him struggle in that team :(
destro

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:31 pm

It doesnt help when the refs have stinkers against the lower teams. How many times has a manager complained when there battling against relegation how nothing goes for them. Clear penalties that are given, goals that are scored then wrongly ruled out for whatever reason. These decisions always seem to go against the bottom of the table whereas at the top of the table its not as common to have a dodgy decision made against them.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:37 pm

The penalty that never was when we played Chelsea springs to mind ??? .

I think its just one of those things, when things are not going to well everything seems to be against you, I still believe these decisions even them selves out over the course of the season.
destro

Postby Reg » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:50 am

destro wrote:I have to say, I watched Newcastle last night and they are, despite what the table says THE WORST team in the Premiership they really are that bad, they couldn't string two passes together last night and spent most of the game whacking it as far up the pitch as possible. I think they are in real trouble of going down.

I know there a lot of people on here who think Owen deserves all he gets because of the way he left Liverpool but I am still a big fan of him as a player and it is painful to watch him struggle in that team :(

I dont get it, a multi million pound and well paid squad resort to belting it up the field?

Whats their logic/excuse? have they forgotten how to play football - get rid of them I say.

Owen? The lad made his own bed - twice, so he cant complain.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:22 am

The penalty that never was when we played Chelsea springs to mind  .

And that was early in the season. Like I said, its rare that we get as many bad decisions as the lower placed teams do.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion