Fed up with mikey ? - Should we sell michael owen?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:00 pm

I know that selling Owen might sound daft but my reasons for asking are as follows.

Virtually every season he has a month or more out with injury.
He hasn't scored since OCTOBER !!!
Now that the team is struggling is he commiting himself to us ?
No he isn't, his attitude is "I want champions league football with or without Liverpool"

Don't get me wrong , I love the guy,I just wish he loved us as much.

:(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby sangy » Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:12 pm

ahh dont underestimate him...woof woof- nice name lmao :D
sangy
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:08 pm

woof woof ! wrote:He hasn't scored since OCTOBER !!!

Inside-her knowledge?  :D
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:10 pm

Owen is our goal machine, it would be like the mancs selling ruud "cheat" van nistelrooy or Arsenal selling Thierry Henry. If we had Anelka or Saha as a replacement then I wouldn't worry, but the likes of Baros, Heskey and Pongolle don't make me believe they'll get 20+ a season yet
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:13 am

Owzat,you think selling Owen would be like Man U or Arsenal selling Nistleroy or Henry ?
The difference is that those two players have made it clear that they are totally commited to their clubs. If Owen signed a new contract with us now instead of waiting to see if we get into the champions league I wouldn't have raised this question. Remember Owen may  leave us with no option other than to sell him.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:36 pm

Yes, but in Owen's case he isn't playing for the potential champions or even a regular champions league team. Must be so hard for rvn to choose to win trophies all the time. Committing himself to manu doesn't mean he can't be sold or force himself to be sold if manu become a spent force. The player situations are different even though the players are comparable.

Bottom line is manu don't want to lose rvn, Arsenal don't want to lose Henry and Liverpool can't afford to lose Owen. If we were up with Arsenal and manu at the top then he would sign straight away
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:20 pm

"If we were up there with Arsenal/Man U he would sign right away" . Owzat I think you are missing my point. Which is basically Owen is not really showing any loyalty to us anymore. Stevie Gerrard is in the same class as Owen but we dont see him threatening to leave if we dont get into the top four, in fact he has shown how much he loves us and the club by signing a new contract.He is prepared to stay and help us battle our way back to being one of the top clubs in europe again, despite the fact that he could move to any of the top clubs at the drop of a hat. Thats what I call loyalty.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Scottbot » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:56 pm

Mikey broke through a few years before Stevie.G so he has been hoping/waiting for real success for longer. If we fail to qualify for the champions league this year and next - Stevie.G will be off - We won't have a chance to keep him and i wouldn't really blame him. Top players want to play at the top level.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:39 pm

woof woof ! wrote:"If we were up there with Arsenal/Man U he would sign right away" . Owzat I think you are missing my point. Which is basically Owen is not really showing any loyalty to us anymore. Stevie Gerrard is in the same class as Owen but we dont see him threatening to leave if we dont get into the top four, in fact he has shown how much he loves us and the club by signing a new contract.He is prepared to stay and help us battle our way back to being one of the top clubs in europe again, despite the fact that he could move to any of the top clubs at the drop of a hat. Thats what I call loyalty.

You made the comparison between Owen and Henry and Van Nistelrooy. Just because Gerrard has shown loyalty, doesn't mean you can blame Owen for wanting bigger things
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:20 pm

Owzat I'm not blaming Owen , I'm naturally disappointed ,you seem to be quite happy that he wants to "walk" whilst I'm thinking if the boy don't want to stick with us let him go while we can get some money for him and use that to get someone who REALLY wants to play for us.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:47 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Owzat I'm not blaming Owen , I'm naturally disappointed ,you seem to be quite happy that he wants to "walk" whilst I'm thinking if the boy don't want to stick with us let him go while we can get some money for him and use that to get someone who REALLY wants to play for us.

I'm not "happy" about it you cretin, but I can understand his frustration and desire to win big things. He want success, if Liverpool can't provide it then he is quite entitled to leave. I don't want him to go, I didn't want Fowler to go either but that happened. Gerrard may well do the same eventually, Owen has been a fixture in the team a while longer than Gerrard.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:38 pm

Cretin ?
Owzat I thought we were having a reasoned exchange of views but you have to start slaggin a fellow red so do me a favour and just do one. I've been following the our team since 1955 ,went to my first game when I was 8 and I dont need some nomark like you to start gettin leery with me.
Get a life and get out of mine.I know that can't be easy for a limp dick like you, but try. :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:48 pm

owen won't be here next season. at least he can be replaced. gerrard can't.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:37 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Cretin ?
Owzat I thought we were having a reasoned exchange of views but you have to start slaggin a fellow red so do me a favour and just do one. I've been following the our team since 1955 ,went to my first game when I was 8 and I dont need some nomark like you to start gettin leery with me.
Get a life and get out of mine.I know that can't be easy for a limp dick like you, but try. :D

pr1ck
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:40 pm

how would you know ? you don't have one .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion