Fat sam - Proves fat guys are funny

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:24 am

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce has criticised Rafael Benitez's tenure at Anfield, suggesting the Spaniard would have been "very lucky to be in a job" if he had not reached two Champions League finals.

Allardyce insists Benitez places too much emphasis on European competition instead of launching a sustained bid for the Barclays Premier League title - but believes his success on the Continent could have saved his job.

Liverpool have finished fifth, third and third domestically under Benitez as well as winning the European Cup in 2005 and reaching the final last season.

Allardyce, speaking to Zoo magazine, said: "Rafa would be very lucky to be in a job if he hadn't got to two Champions League finals, because they have had some very, very poor finishes in the Premier League.

"While they are a very good Champions League team, they are not a Premier League-winning team yet.

"They don't have that mentality to win that yet.

"Being a foreigner, Rafa doesn't understand it's supposed to be Premier League first and Champions League second."

and fat sam is best placed to judge this because.................?

cheeky kunt needs to focus on his own club instead of inane ramblings, i know by our old standards our league finishes are poor but two champions league finals in three years, winning it once and winning one FA cup in that time isn't too bad is it? whilst also getting to the final of the carling cup.

fat sam does however make a point that i made last season, rafa doesnt really yet understand the desire to win the premier league, PL first, CL second in my opinion, i commented last year that the desire for the league wasnt there as he isnt english and he saw europe as more prestigious, however he has said the league is more important this year (but then went a little way to tarnish that comment last saturday)

anyway what do you guys think about fat sam and my comments?
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby Big Niall » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:32 am

I agree with Sam.

Rafa has done well in cups but LFC is a team with a tradition of WINNING the league, we haven't competed in his first three years despite spending huge money.

STOP ROTATION (it cost us more points against portsmouth, the season has just started so players shouldn't be tired).
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:35 am

i agree that the league is most important and i agree that rafa didnt put the league first, but i wouldnt class what he has done as a failure.

and with regards to rotation, i think everyone knows what i think about that   :D
112-1077774096

Postby matmitchell » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:48 am

I read this article on teletext earlier this morning, and to be honest i thought it lost its credibility with the line
'Allardyce, speaking to Zoo magazine, said:' :p
but seriously, i do think its fair to say sometmes rafa does need to focus more on the league rather than europe. although its nice to have a great reputation in europe and the ability to beat some of top teams in the world, its time rafa found his best 11 and gave it a chance to develop in the premiership. we have enough quality to win the league now, but we have to find conistency by playing our best team in each league game, no matter who the opposition is. on the other hand, allardyce has no right to go slagging off rafa saying he's lucky to be in a job. rafa has shown his quality as a manager time and time again, and it'd be a massive step backwards to let him go.
Liverpool 6 - 0 Derby
Derby 1 - 0 Newcastle
:p whos lucky to be in a job sam?
matmitchell

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:53 am

Its typical of that two faced fat headed Walrus to stick his nose in where it doesnt belong.

I rember him calling Michael Owen an olympic diver after a game against Bolton where he won a penalty wearing red. Wonder what he said to Owen about that one ?

I mean, he should look closer to home instead of criticising others, back handers and a son so bent he got banned from the Reebok tells me its Big Scam who is lucky to be in employment.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:54 am

Big Niall wrote:I agree with Sam.

Rafa has done well in cups but LFC is a team with a tradition of WINNING the league, we haven't competed in his first three years despite spending huge money.

STOP ROTATION (it cost us more points against portsmouth, the season has just started so players shouldn't be tired).

Its ridiculous to talk about if it wasnt for this that and the other.

If Alex Furgeson had not won 10 Premierships in the last seventeen years then his tenure at Old Trafford would have been a failure.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:59 am

Yeah, Football365 put it nicely this morning by saying that Fat Sam claiming that if Rafa Benitez hadn't got us to two Champions League finals is like saying if Alex Ferguson hadn't won 9 league titles he would be out of a job.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:06 am

Thats okay for you to say Sam, your currently managing a dream club.
66-1112520797

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:34 am

Would'nt expect nothing else from the fat headed walrus gobshite.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:45 am

I think he should be out of a job for gettin anal'd by derby county yesterday.

And Owen only touched the ball 14 times before gettin subed in the second half.

And why was he talking to Zoo magazine? :censored:
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:53 am

Sam Allardyce

Major trophies won = 0

Derby County 1 Newcastle United 0

Liverpool 6 Derby County 0

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:36 am

That fat walrus should be in a "Zoo".....what right does he have to  condem rafa?.....whats he ever won or achieved?....fukk all!. He wants to keep his big gum chewing gob shut, and try and make something out of that geordie rabble of a p1ss poor team he fukked off from bolton for. :nod
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:44 am

Fat Sam is a joke. I've never heard so many excuses, even if his team are winning! That's all he does! "The ref blah blah blah..." "Injuries blah blah blah..." "Their players blah blah blah..." "Not enough money blah blah blah..." "Me and my son are crooks blah blah blah...."

And what has he got to do with OUR results or Rafa's methods? I'll conceide that Rafa probably didn't get our desire to win the league up until midway through last season, but saying that he was "lucky" to win the european cup and reach another final because it kept his job is rubbish. It might have secured it, made it a bit firmer, but unlike Newcastle, we are run by competent people who don't make snap judgements on silly premises. I think he might want to concentrate more on Newcastle, who lost to Derby last night (the side we beat 6-0 two weeks ago), rather than commenting on our side. Fat Sam needs to get a clue (and a salad). Perhaps he's just bitter because he didn't get Rafa's job?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby muzodziwa » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:59 am

Well guys it is just but surprising to hear people even mentioning agreement with sam; first i enjoy the post that has criticised Rafa in terms of his tactics but its another thing to just say Rafa has no desire to win the premiership.

I will not seek to prove that Rafa actually has had the desire to win the premiership eversince taking over as a manager but i will just say this; for Rafa to part company with someone who has been so crucial to his success as a manager (pako) shows a lot about our manager and his desire to win the premiership and i think it shows how far he is willing to go to take our club where it belongs.

It is pathetic for Sam to criticize Rafa on the eve of a European game as if he is paid by Porto to do their psychological sarbotage:D , if it was coming from a more respectable manager like Wenger I would understand.
muzodziwa

Postby Sabre » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:01 pm

Who's Sam Allardyce?

What has he won?
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion