Everton - Will they make cl football?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:01 am

Its first half of the season is almost coming to an end and Everton are lying second in the English Premiership.

Do you think Everton can keep this up to the end of the of the season and make either 1st 2nd 3rd 4th for Champions League Football?

I actually think they could  :(  ???  :angry:  :O  :blush:
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:05 am

Not @rsed what they do, only concerned about Liverpool :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:19 am

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:I actually think they could  :(  ???  :angry:  :O  :blush:

If you think that, you obviously know nothing about football  :D
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby anfieldroad » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:42 am

NO, they are cr'ap
come on you reds
anfieldroad

Postby Woollyback » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:55 pm

No
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:55 pm

I don't think so.  No matter what, they have had a good season by their standards, but they wont keep it up with the threadbare squad they possess. 

I predict they'll finish about 6th - 8th.
jonnymac1979

Postby maximus » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:10 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I predict they'll finish about 6th - 8th.

From bottom Johnny??  :D
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:50 pm

Everton will drop from 4th or 5th to around 7th in the final week of the season, mark my words.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:51 pm

I'll just pop this over here if no one has an objection.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dom1 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:47 pm

i object :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby Dom1 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:48 pm

ahh too late....i seriously think we can keep it up, cud be wishful thinking, but the lads are going into each game (not thinking) but knowing that we can take maximun points !!

if we are in a champions league spot come christmas (we are basically there) i expect our target will be to try and stay there.
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:20 pm

In all seriousness Dom, if you have a winning mentality, no matter what level of football, you've got an advantage before the whistle has even been blown to start the game.  Everton have got that never say die attitude not seen there since Joe Royle's Dogs of War in the 1994/95 season.

When playing Sunday league football, me and the lads still talk about it now when we've had a few bevvies about how good we were ten years ago when we were kids.  We went into every game thinking we could have anyone!!!  And more often than not, we did!!!  Teams were scared of us.  The one team we never beat through the years of Under 11's to Under 15's were Transpares, who then left the league to become Jubilee.  Leon will know these teams, his kid was in goal for them.

The had Michael Ball on the left midfield for them, Stephen Wright in cental midfield, AND I'M SURE Jamie Carragher was playing over aged!!!!!  They had some good players from the district in that side.  They had a lad called Matthew Cass playing for them who signed professional terms with Liverpool.  As a kid, he was a great, tough player, but Houllier came in and ended all of the kids' professional contracts to sign young continental players.

Anyway, I seriously can't see Everton staying up there.  You've had a good season, but it's still only December.  Your squad isn't big enough to even cope with resting players, never mind injuries.  The mentality will only get you so far.

Enjoy it while you're up there.
jonnymac1979

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:10 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:In all seriousness Dom, if you have a winning mentality, no matter what level of football, you've got an advantage before the whistle has even been blown to start the game.  Everton have got that never say die attitude not seen there since Joe Royle's Dogs of War in the 1994/95 season.

When playing Sunday league football, me and the lads still talk about it now when we've had a few bevvies about how good we were ten years ago when we were kids.  We went into every game thinking we could have anyone!!!  And more often than not, we did!!!  Teams were scared of us.  The one team we never beat through the years of Under 11's to Under 15's were Transpares, who then left the league to become Jubilee.  Leon will know these teams, his kid was in goal for them.

The had Michael Ball on the left midfield for them, Stephen Wright in cental midfield, AND I'M SURE Jamie Carragher was playing over aged!!!!!  They had some good players from the district in that side.  They had a lad called Matthew Cass playing for them who signed professional terms with Liverpool.  As a kid, he was a great, tough player, but Houllier came in and ended all of the kids' professional contracts to sign young continental players.

Anyway, I seriously can't see Everton staying up there.  You've had a good season, but it's still only December.  Your squad isn't big enough to even cope with resting players, never mind injuries.  The mentality will only get you so far.

A whole host of that team went on to play at a decent level.

As well as our kids best buddy at the time, Wrighty who he went to the Academy at Liverpool with until the cull, Cass was great, he is a Stoke right now, Bally is still rotting at Rangers and a fair few of them play amateur and non league part time footy.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:26 am

I remember a time when Michael Ball was at Everton he was so good that John Toshak attempted to sign him for Real Madrid.

Did you play with Michael Ball, Leon?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dom1 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:35 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:In all seriousness Dom, if you have a winning mentality, no matter what level of football, you've got an advantage before the whistle has even been blown to start the game.  Everton have got that never say die attitude not seen there since Joe Royle's Dogs of War in the 1994/95 season.

i see what your saying and u have a right for your own view...but as u mentioned a teams mentality goin into a game is just as important as the quality of the players!!

im not gonna say no more but i hope they can keep it up and stay in at least the top 5-6
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion