Everton - Will they make cl football?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:02 am

Everton fans can't look at reality. With one of the smallest squads Everton will suffer once players get tired and injured. This is a long season and it is a bitch.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:10 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:I remember a time when Michael Ball was at Everton he was so good that John Toshak attempted to sign him for Real Madrid.

Did you play with Michael Ball, Leon?

No, it was our kid, although I did have the pleasure of watching them all develop.....
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:13 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:I remember a time when Michael Ball was at Everton he was so good that John Toshak attempted to sign him for Real Madrid.

Did you play with Michael Ball, Leon?

Leon would have been in an older division,  I played against Bally and Wrighty though many a time.  I would say at that age Bally was their best player.  Easily the best player in our league as a matter of fact.  But Transpares were just so good.  I would have loved to have played for them but I doubt I was good enough.

Even back then though, Michael Owen and Steven Gerrard were talked about as 11 and 12 year olds; this lad from Huyton who was an absolute ANIMAL, and Mike Owen (he was known as Mike, never Michael) who scored goals for England schoolboys.
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:14 pm

Leon's brother was the 'keeper for Transpares.
jonnymac1979

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:41 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Leon's brother was the 'keeper for Transpares.

And he played at the academy until he was released, what might have been hey ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:08 pm

Do any of you guys know that chap Harrison, who is a reserve keeper for us now?

Wasn't he a son of one of the fallen at Hillsboro?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:10 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Do any of you guys know that chap Harrison, who is a reserve keeper for us now?

I think you're right, yes.
jonnymac1979

Postby Dom1 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:18 am

A.B. wrote:Everton fans can't look at reality. With one of the smallest squads Everton will suffer once players get tired and injured. This is a long season and it is a bitch.

if anything im one of the more realistic evertonians...and circumstances like injuries and tiredness do not always have the final say!!

i suppose im being very optimistic when i say we have a chance of champions league footy, but why shouldn't I....im a fan like any1 of you lot and i want the best for my team!
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:26 am

if anything im one of the more realistic evertonians...and circumstances like injuries and tiredness do not always have the final say!!

i suppose im being very optimistic when i say we have a chance of champions league footy, but why shouldn't I....im a fan like any1 of you lot and i want the best for my team!

Yes they do have a finaly say in small squads such as Everton's. When Graveson gets injured who will come off the bench to replace him and make an impact? Who will replace Cahil or Carsley? The players already are average.

I just don't see Everton qualifying for Champions League, no depth in the squad.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dom1 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:00 pm

me neither, but i f*ckin know we will put up a good fight!!
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby the great one » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:56 pm

Dom1 wrote:me neither, but i f*ckin know we will put up a good fight!!

It would be great if u did make the Champions league but i think you don't have the squad it would be great it two teams from Liverpool made it  :D  Ahead of Man u but its ulikely u could possibly get a Uefa cup spot  :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:59 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Do any of you guys know that chap Harrison, who is a reserve keeper for us now?

I think it was his dad and brother who died at the hillsbrough tradergy i remeber him bein on the bench against Newcastle on the last day of the season. I think it was the aniverssary of the day of the hillsbrough tradergy
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:13 pm

the great one wrote:
Dom1 wrote:me neither, but i f*ckin know we will put up a good fight!!

It would be great if u did make the Champions league but i think you don't have the squad it would be great it two teams from Liverpool made it  :D  Ahead of Man u but its ulikely u could possibly get a Uefa cup spot  :)

i wudnt complain either way  :;):
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:34 am

Dom1 wrote:i object :D

no one cares.

:D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:39 am

yes his dad dies when he was 4 at Hillsborough.

found this on lfc.tv  :(

Am I right in saying youare a Liverpool fan?

I've been a fan for as long as I can remember. My dad died at Hillsborough when I was four but once I was old enough my grandad started taking me to the match.

[/I]How proud do you think your dad would be if he could see you playing for the club he supported? [I]

Very and that's one of the main things that spurs me on. I was so young when he died, I didn't really know him too well but I have special memories of him. He used to watch Liverpool all the time and was a season ticket holder.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion