Everton will sign up players with fm2009 - You couldn't make this up

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:54 am

My Webpage

According to this Marca article, Everton has reached an agreement with the brand Football Manager 2009, to take advantage of the more than 1000 scouts that have controlled over 20000 teams in 50 countries.

Well, I don't know how the scouts are in the rest of the word but I know how are the scouts that "theoretically" control the surroundings of San Sebastian (clubs like Real Sociedad, Eibar, Real Union, Beasain, etc). Those "scouts" are no more than well intended footie fans, that love that computer game, watch matches and give ratios accordingly.

I've seen profiles of players I disagree completely. Not to mention that IMHO you can't sum a player in several numbers like (passing, flair, stamina, etc), it's more complex than that.

I don't know you, but I'm shocked. I'd think it was a joke, but no, it's for real and apparently Everton has reached that agreement after outbidding other clubs!

Everton football people play too much football manager!!  :laugh:

P.S. Below the article, you can read comments in Spanish and even if you don't understand Spanish, you'll read many jajaja, which is hahaha, which means Everton is currentlya a laughing stock because of that
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:00 am

:D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:04 am

then;

Tsigalko for Everton, a living legend!

Maxim Tsigalko Appreciation Society : )

Last edited by IstanBuL-FenerBaHce on Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:53 pm

IstanBuL-FenerBaHce wrote:then;

Tsigalko for Everton, a living legend!

Maxim Tsigalko Appreciation Society : )

:laugh: 
I remember him well, he used to score a lot of goals for me in earlier editions of fm... hope he doesn't end up at the blueshite, as he will get them bucketloads of goals  :angry:  :p  :D
JamCar05

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:41 pm

I remember a few years ago Cherno Samba was really good. Not sure what happened to him.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:54 pm

PS Ive been playing that game to much of late. I started with Villa but got bored so I started a new season with Atletico Madrid. Mario Gomez what a player!!!!! :cool: Aguero though, that guy has no strength.

Anyway I read a few years back (2006 I think it was) that some of the Italy squad brought copies of FM to the world cup to help scout opposition. I think it was when Trappatoni was in charge. No joke that either.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:59 pm

Sabre wrote:My Webpage

According to this Marca article, Everton has reached an agreement with the brand Football Manager 2009, to take advantage of the more than 1000 scouts that have controlled over 20000 teams in 50 countries.

Well, I don't know how the scouts are in the rest of the word but I know how are the scouts that "theoretically" control the surroundings of San Sebastian (clubs like Real Sociedad, Eibar, Real Union, Beasain, etc). Those "scouts" are no more than well intended footie fans, that love that computer game, watch matches and give ratios accordingly.

I've seen profiles of players I disagree completely. Not to mention that IMHO you can't sum a player in several numbers like (passing, flair, stamina, etc), it's more complex than that.

I don't know you, but I'm shocked. I'd think it was a joke, but no, it's for real and apparently Everton has reached that agreement after outbidding other clubs!

Everton football people play too much football manager!!  :laugh:

P.S. Below the article, you can read comments in Spanish and even if you don't understand Spanish, you'll read many jajaja, which is hahaha, which means Everton is currentlya a laughing stock because of that

Sabre it isnt the first time mate chavski head scout used FM07-08 to do fringe scouting it is funny but i feel just for a basic info on player.
IE name
playing posistion ect.

its ok but to use fully before you buy them that is stupid lmao !  :D
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:08 am

bavlondon wrote:I remember a few years ago Cherno Samba was really good. Not sure what happened to him.

:laugh: I remember him Bav one of them Players whos date of birth was wrong imo. A few years ago when he was at Millwall he represented the county in the age group a year below my lad . HE  was in the same county team as Anton Ferdinand. My lad was a year older but that Cherno looked about 10 years older than him :laugh: He had to much stubble for a 16 year old,
Im sure he played for plymouth but is not playing in this counrty anymore
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:24 am

For those who remember the old school version (94, I think when it was still Champ Manager, Andy Townsend was in the background!) Nil Lamptey was absolutely class.

And you had the 2 cheat players, Orosco and Collis, who were programmers I think. Stats wern't great, but always got at least a 9 evey game.

:laugh:

Memories........
Last edited by Feeney on Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:12 am

Supat Rugratsamme and todorov on CM 3 i think it was , absolute legends with them both in your side guaranteed at least 5 goals a game :D

Anyone tried out the new FM 2009 , any comments on how is it
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:42 am

Tsigalko on champ manager 01/02 what a player! cost about 120k i think, was very difficult to get a work permit though. He used bang in the goals for fun though about 40 a year at least. The funny thing was that on the next game he was a goalkeeper i think! :D
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Quadrophenia » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:29 am

Anatoli Todorov on champ man 4 was class. Bulgarian lad, got 42 in his debut season and helped me win the league cup with Birmingham.
We are the Mods
We are the Mods
We are
We are
We are the Mods
Quadrophenia

Postby Keris » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:14 am

Quadrophenia wrote:Anatoli Todorov on champ man 4 was class. Bulgarian lad, got 42 in his debut season and helped me win the league cup with Birmingham.

Is he a cheat player as well? Gotta try him of, Babatov is killing me (av 6.65) and Mutu wages is 120K per week  :no
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:59 pm

Look people, get it right.

It's not "Everton"

It's "Merseyside Blue"
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:49 pm

Best striker on FM09 imo is Mario Gomez. He cant stop scoring. That Ukranian Andrey Milevsky is top class also.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion