Emile heskey - Looking good for birmingham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:26 pm

Id just like to say well done to Emile Heskey who has been brilliant since joining Birmingham.  I think its a shame he was always played out of position by the bafoon known as Houllier.  When his confidence is up, he is a class player who works hard for the team.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:27 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Id just like to say well done to Emile Heskey who has been brilliant since joining Birmingham.  I think its a shame he was always played out of position by the bafoon known as Houllier.  When his confidence is up, he is a class player who works hard for the team.

A few drinks at the game ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:32 pm

since when was the lump played out of position?
he played a few games at left mid, and that was ages ago.

are we talking baout the same emile heskey here?

what has he done for birmingham so far? am i really missing something or what?? playing the way he is at the moment was the whole point. he's only good enough for a lower calibre team. this was never good enough for liverpool, apart from about 3 games.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:38 pm

the lump as you put it was always played out of position, oh yes, just in front of a midfield that was told to play sideways, backwards or only over the top to M Owen.  he was asked to sit in the hole where garcia is playing now... ie out of position.  I don't remember many people saying he was no good in his first season when he was played right up front on the defenders shoulders and scored 23 goals.  Apart from Owen who in recent seasons has scored that many??
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:44 pm

i dont think this debate is going anywhere, as i simply disagree.  i believe heskey was played as a target man, up front, and never played in the hole at all. it baffles me how someone can say heskey was used as a playmaker
can we have some other opinions on this please?.

the difference between average and good players is that they prove their worth consistently, not just in one season.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:45 pm

There is some regret on owen leaving. As for heskey.....hell no. I am glad he is gone. He was good once every 10 games for us during the last 2 seasons........ Not liverpool material.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:25 pm

totally agree, he is no loss to the team at all, and i think if u think hes done any better at birmingham then u have had a few
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:39 pm

He was good once every 10 games for us during the last 2 seasons........ Not liverpool material.

I agree.  On his day, unstoppable, unfortunatly his day was once a month. :Oo:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:42 pm

i'd say even less than that to be honest. he'd have a few good ones a season.
LFC Super Member

Postby long sleeved joe » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:00 pm

Considering he was playing up front for one of the biggest clubs in Europe he had MORE than enough chances to prove himself.  He's a striker and 90% of his games he played up front- you cant really complain about that.
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden i'd draw the curtains" Bill Shankly
long sleeved joe

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:29 am

Can we - just once - not p!ss all over ex-players please?

You can bitch about him all you like, and lord knows I have on enough occasions in the past - he is doing alright for Brum, and I genuinely hope he gets a decent tally this season.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Dom1 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:34 am

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Id just like to say well done to Emile Heskey who has been brilliant since joining Birmingham.  I think its a shame he was always played out of position by the bafoon known as Houllier.  When his confidence is up, he is a class player who works hard for the team.

your having a laugh arent you, he has been as bad as ever, on his ****** and balooning the ball over the bar as usual !
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby azriahmad » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:04 am

I don't miss him at all and hasn't been following his exploits.

Dom's summarised words on his performances for Birmingham would be enough of an update on him!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:10 am

Heskey wasn't played as an out and out striker but he missed his fair share of chances and wasn't good enough for LFC, especially for £11m!!!!!! :angry:

Good luck to the lad though :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:04 am

Well, I think the expectation on him was high because of his transfer fees. Heskey had done pretty well and I like him because he provided another option for us. If we knew Owen was leaving, we should have kept Heskey this season. With the midfield we have right now, he should do pretty good. He should play a much simplier game than was asked. Just think of having Cisse and Heskey up front and that should scare the hell out of the other team. It wasn't his fault he was bought for 11 million pound. He always has been a professional. So, I thank him for his time here and hope he has a good season this year.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion