Emile heskey - Looking good for birmingham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby laza » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:34 am

What this thread doing in the Liverpool section ???
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:48 am

Good professional Akumaface?? Good professionals dont have the physio on every match for petty little injuries like Emile did! The guy needed a kick up the a**e because the talent was there but he didnt have the heart or desire to succeed at the club. Sometimes i wondered if he really knew how big we were! I hope he now realises how much of a step down Birmingham is?
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrunner » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:52 am

EH has the talent its just that we dont see it too often. Sven E always said it was what he did off the ball that was more important and perhaps the managers see things us fans don't.

Nice guy and I wish him well :Oo:
Redrunner

Postby azriahmad » Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:36 pm

Yeah...off the ball movement. Off the ball. He gets into position which potentially threaten the opposition goal or defenders. But he never gets anything done ON THE BALL because whenever the ball is approaching him via a pass from a team-mate, he does his backside-to-earth gravity thing and ends up on his ******...so off the ball movement is OK and promising, when near the ball he starts his fall and he never gets to do anything on the ball! :D

I shouldn't slag him like this, he didn't cost us that much, only that he was a record signing until Cisse arrived...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecake » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:07 pm

All good points. EH may very well be the nicest guy on earth, but nice guys often finish last. And to say that he was played out of position for the entire several years he was at Anfield is a aberration of the truth. Better players have had considerably less opportunities to succeed and have performed admirably. I wish EH the best, but at 11M, way overpriced, way out of his league at Anfield, and incredibly unable to adapt and add to his all to limited footballing skills. Good luck at Birmingham EH, I think it will suit you much better.
cheesecake

Postby stmichael » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:14 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Id just like to say well done to Emile Heskey who has been brilliant since joining Birmingham.

i think brilliant is a bit over the top. i'd say he has looked like their most lethal attacking weapon mainly due to the fact that forssell is out for 6 months, dwight yorke is past it and morrisson is just sh#te.

however, i always said he would do well at birmingham because it is about the level he's at. :)

p.s. did anyone see steve bruce's facial cuts from that attack he suffered. nasty :oh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:27 pm

Now he's gone we're going to have find somebody else who can score 6 goals a season.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:17 pm

akumaface wrote:Well, I think the expectation on him was high because of his transfer fees. Heskey had done pretty well and I like him because he provided another option for us. If we knew Owen was leaving, we should have kept Heskey this season. With the midfield we have right now, he should do pretty good. He should play a much simplier game than was asked. Just think of having Cisse and Heskey up front and that should scare the hell out of the other team. It wasn't his fault he was bought for 11 million pound. He always has been a professional. So, I thank him for his time here and hope he has a good season this year.

heskey should scare the opposition? lmao

more like make them laugh their heads off, everytime he falls on his ******, funny enough he still does ti for birmingham, waste of space, had his chance, but anyway onwards and upwards, we've finally got a manager who knows what to do with the club
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:49 pm

Somebody said that Heskey is better than Baros, my response to that is why is Heskey at Birmingham and Baros is still a Red?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby the great one » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:36 am

cus rafa wanted to see his ability but when rafa finds out wat an ego baros has he will be gonna quicker than you can say lets get mista :D
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:37 am

A.B. wrote:Somebody said that Heskey is better than Baros, my response to that is why is Heskey at Birmingham and Baros is still a Red?

heskey is still the best walk on heskey looked forward to the game at anfield to welcome u bk to your home  :D
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:17 am

I'll welcome him falling on his a$$ at Anfield.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:20 am

Heskey is wished the very best of luck at birmingham as long as he stays there :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:32 am

bring the legend bak who is with me ? :D
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:06 am

The legend? Since when was Heskey a legend?
Last edited by A.B. on Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion