Chelski spending spree... - Sustainable ?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Red=Great » Tue May 25, 2004 4:27 pm

Nothing to do with our beloved club, but on the health and business of football in general.

Chelsea are rumored to be offering £120,000 a week for Roberto Carlos, that's on top of the high salary for the likes of Makelele, Mutu, Crespo, Parker, Veron ...etc and god knows who else they sign this off season.

Now if Chelsea do not get the success they wanted in the next 1~2 seasons, and with the turmoil back home for Roman Abramovich, do you think this 'gamble' is sustainable? I know there are a lot of fahionable money being pump into the Premiership right now, what will happen when the bubble bust? Leeds is a good example of a dream/gamble turned sour.

Will like to listen to opinions from fellow forumers.
Red=Great

Postby JBG » Tue May 25, 2004 4:29 pm

Sorry, I'm moving this to General Discussion/Premiership as this forum is too crowded as it is.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed May 26, 2004 2:23 pm

Ah...yes....poor, poor Leeds.
jonnymac1979

Postby JBG » Wed May 26, 2004 3:24 pm

Johnny really has it in for Leeds!!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:28 pm

found something of chelsea thought i would put it
chelsea is taking the english out of english football

Chelsea finalise £100M adidas kit deal
tribalfootball.com - January 30, 2005

Chelsea have finalised their £12 million-a-year kit deal with adidas.

The agreement with the German sportswear firm runs for eight years from July 2006 and will be worth almost £100million in all.

The Blues last week paid £24.8m to end their current deal with Umbro.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:35 pm

Theyve also lost alot :;):

LONDON, England -- Quadruple-chasing Chelsea have set an unwanted record off the pitch with record English football losses of 88 million pounds ($166 million) in 2003-04, their first season under the ownership of Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich.

Pre-tax figures to be filed at Britain's Companies House on Monday will surpass the previous 'best' of 49.5 million pounds by Leeds in 2003.

But backed by Abramavich's vast fortune the loss is unlikely to worry Chelsea, unlike debt-ridden Leeds who were relegated last season.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:52 pm

its sick how much money is being flung on a whim, why doesnt he go give the 88 million to a charity instead

i wounder what their kit is going to look like next year
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:40 pm

Chelsea's board estimate they will have broken even by the end of the decade.

They're in a precarious position because it has no foundation, it's entirely based on the money of one man who could pull the plug as easily as he came into it all in the first place
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:23 pm

Chelsea will also have a new sponsor, Siemens Mobile for their kits net season. While Arsenal will drop O2 and will have Fly Emirates on their kits next season.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:24 pm

The Canadian Red Army wrote:its sick how much money is being flung on a whim, why doesnt he go give the 88 million to a charity instead

i wounder what their kit is going to look like next year

It will be like a Real Madrid kit except it will be blue.

Why? Adidas + Siemens Mobile on their kits = English Real Madrid aka Chelsea.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:51 pm

Chelsea reminds me of those internet companies on stock exchange ..........when that balloon bursts it aint going to be pretty
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:28 pm

Looks like they missed out on this one  :)  Fiorentina land £10m Bojinov

Monday 31 January, 2005
The transfer window has closed with a bang after Fiorentina signed Lecce starlet Valeri Bojinov.

The Viola netted the teenager after their bid of £9.3m, plus Chilean midfielder Jaime Andres Valdes, was accepted by the Via Del Mare outfit.

The switch comes as a major surprise as Lecce had insisted that the Bulgarian would remain with them until the end of the season.

Bojinov’s destination is also a shock given that Chelsea and Palermo were understood to be leading the chase for his signature.

The 18-year-old, who was also being watched by Barcelona, Milan and Juventus, is one of the most exciting prospects in Italian football after a splendid season so far.

The international striker, who made his Serie A debut at the age of 15, has netted 11 League goals so far this term.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion