Brian reades latest articles - Whatever

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:34 am

JBG, Supersub and Chris.

By all means, move this post to the recommended designated area of the forum, but as a Liverpool fan and a former tabloid reader, I actually like this guy. 

He's a scouser and an unapolagetic fan of Liverpool Football Club.

You know what I mean, for a journalist like.

Brian Reade - September 11th 2004

Check it out.
Last edited by jonnymac1979 on Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonnymac1979

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:26 am

some good stuff there johhny, the bit about James being a donkey is rather amusing. :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:33 am

The donkey slur and "eyore!" calls stuck with an unfortunate Tony Adams for most of his career since the 1988 Euro after he was turned inside out by a very in-form Marco van Basten, to cap his worst match in an England shirt. However, he took it in his stride and never did boycott the press.

That article did hit the nail on the head when it says that players nowadays have too much power ans should be more grateful to clubs and their fans who elevate them to their lofty status.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:39 am

Like most of the press, Reade wants to have his cake and eat. The article is primarily just an excuse to have another go at the players because they've decided not to speak to the self serving back stabbing vultures who think of themselves as journalists .
Do we really give a monkeys how Beckham and the rest of the lads celebrate a goal ? . Brian Reade obviously does. Or maybe he's just desperate to find any reason to attack the national team and their captain in particular.
I don't care if Beckham and co bring on the massed bands of the grenadier guards to celebrate a goal with the team being drawn around the pitch on a milk float ! What I care about is the fact that we have a goal to celebrate in the first place.
The bulk of the article concerning"  Beckham and co" in my view was nothing more than a juvenile attempt at character asassination and bug*er all to do with football.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Stackman » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:17 pm

Regarding media commments against James and the following player boycott, I can only mention an old phrase "The truth hurts".  James is not fit to be a Premiership keeper let alone the first choice England keeper.  Every time James concedes a goal from a free kick it's "I wasn't happy with that goal.  I need to study it and learn from it".  In his entire career he hasn't learnt, so it's a bit late to start at 34.
Bill Shankly : "If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains."
Stackman

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:05 pm

James should not even be playing in the premier league, let alone the national team. I still can't forget the FA Cup final against the scums (of all teams).

And to think he even blamed playing too many video games for the drop in form.....  :angry:
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:48 pm

:D
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby the great one » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:58 pm

:D :D
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion