Arjen robben...

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:00 am

stu_the_red wrote:He's simply unreal!!!

What a player.

I wish he played for us. He's got IMMENSE ability.

Probably been said, but after four or five games the lad is World Class all of a sudden?

Surely not.

FORM IS TEMPORARY, Class is permanent
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:03 am

Leon, you know aswell as i do mate ability makes you world class. He's clearly got everything. He's bound to have bad games, but he's shown what a class act he is before he's even settled.

He's VERY quick, extremely skillfull, got a good brain, good passer, great technique, strong, good link up... even works hard.
115-1073096938

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:14 am

jawel heel goed speler maar ik denk hij zal niet zo blij zijn op de bank te zitten, hehe just thought id thow a bit of the old cloggy lingo in :;):
maar een heel goede speler en dat is waar :cool:
jammer voor ons dat dat chelsea hebt hem gekocht :glare:
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:26 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:FORM IS TEMPORARY, Class is permanent

but this guy is class, but what you should have said that it is still to early to judge!!
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:01 am

I am not saying the lad has not impressed me in the few games I have seen him, but then again so did Diao and Diouf when we first picked them up.

Also, I am not saying he wont be a revelation, simply that I will not profess to having seen the next big thing after three games.

If he proves me wrong I will eat humble pie, but I watched him against Sweden (I Think) in the Euros and he went missing. He tends to go down too easily for me, but I suppose that is endemic of the game today.

For me the jury is still out.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:07 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Theres also Ritchie Partridge, but unfortunately there's more of a chance of the Hustler playing central midfield for us than him lining out.

Richie is a winger though JBG, and he did himself no harm last night with a super display when he came on in the game.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:04 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
John Barnes' Granny wrote:Theres also Ritchie Partridge, but unfortunately there's more of a chance of the Hustler playing central midfield for us than him lining out.

Richie is a winger though JBG, and he did himself no harm last night with a super display when he came on in the game.

I know he's a winger, Leon.   :;):

I was just saying that Patridge had disappeared completely prior to last night, and was joking how Hustler (who claimed to be better than Danny Murphy), had more of a chance of starting.  :D  :D  :D

I say Ritchie playing for the Irish U21s a few years ago when I used to live in Dublin and booooooooooy is he fast, but you'd smother him with a crisp packet.  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:53 pm

robben is quality no doubt about it, i'll eat my keyboard if he dosnt become a class player
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:28 pm

I know let's all go and support f@ckin chelski.First Kezman now Robben what next? LFC forum what about our players? Nothing good to say? the only reason Kezman went to Chelski is cos he's a gready F@ck,Probably never even new nothing about them.

Oh bullox to this, f@ckin ****** subject i'm off to talk LIVERPOOL remember them STU the Mr LFC? or are u? next time u serve up the out of towner Cr@p remember what you alway's say about Chelski's great players.

And it's a Londohn team.
Last edited by mistyred on Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:21 pm

Oh right, so because i appriciate the fact that Chelsea have a marvelous player on there books who's really impressed me (I NEVER EVEN MENTIONED KEZMAN!!!) i'm not a true red?

Right ok, well this make you feel even worse... As footballer i also LOVE Dennis Bergkamp and think he was one of the premier leagues best EVER players.

Does that also not make me a true red?

Get real!!
115-1073096938

Postby adayinthelife » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:30 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Oh right, so because i appriciate the fact that Chelsea have a marvelous player on there books who's really impressed me (I NEVER EVEN MENTIONED KEZMAN!!!) i'm not a true red?

Right ok, well this make you feel even worse... As footballer i also LOVE Dennis Bergkamp and think he was one of the premier leagues best EVER players.

Does that also not make me a true red?

Get real!!

Hey stu Robben was a class act even back in champ manager 01/02.  :laugh:

As for you and Bergkamp does he know about your love for him ???
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:33 pm

what a fantastic player eh!! i wish we spotted him first though!!
he has a younger brother who is gonna be just as good or even better but he has signed a first choice contract with  A.C MILAN .... so we sh1t out there as well !!!
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby L-type » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:33 pm

He is pretty good i must admit.  Personally i would rather take my chances with Morientes tha robben, even though robben is much younger. Liverpool need experience at the moment, something Robben ha little of.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:43 pm

well only time will tell if robben can stick it !!
but i recon he will be a cracking player for years to come and i guarantee that he will be sold for £25 million + in a couple of seasons
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:51 pm

Hey,welcome back Gaz.You didnt win Big Brother btw,i did. :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion