Arjen robben...

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:57 pm

Man Utd will be sick Robben chose Chelsea over them.  He does look a class act doesn't he?

He was shown around Carrington I believe and gave his word he would sign for them, then Chelsea waved the £££££ and he was off.
jonnymac1979

Postby the great one » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:59 pm

man u must be regretting letting ronaldinho go when he could of gone to them and robben didn't want pay over 10million or somethink for him quality player:)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:02 pm

Ronaldinho is priceless in today's market.

Well, priceless to anyone besides Chelsea. :(
jonnymac1979

Postby JBG » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:30 pm

I said a while ago that I thought Robben was a bit brainless (based on a couple of his performances for Holland in Euro 2004, especially against Sweden) but he's proving me wrong now.  :(
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:32 pm

He looks a good player at the moment, lets see if he is this good after playing 50 games in a season.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:34 pm

crazyhorse wrote:He looks a good player at the moment, lets see if he is this good after playing 50 games in a season.

Of course, that goes without saying.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby spud » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:36 pm

This is the standard that HK needs to reach, never in a month of Sundays.

How much did he cost Chelsea?
spud

Postby JBG » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:56 pm

Robben cost 12million.

The most annoying thing about Kewell was that 3 years ago, he was probably a much better player than Robben is now.  :(
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby fivecups » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:04 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Robben cost 12million.

The most annoying thing about Kewell was that 3 years ago, he was probably a much better player than Robben is now.  :(

Haven't seen enough of Robben yet to judge his consistency but that was always a problem with Harry Kewell. Even at his peak with Leeds he could be sublime in one match and not feature in the next.

Unfortunately Harry's been consistent for us for the last 12 months.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:19 am

I do not like to slag players off but Kewell has been getting on my last nerve. He puts no effort and I think it would be wise to sell him. Nunez will do a good job replacing him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:22 am

Nunez will certainly make things interesting as then we will have the following as wide midfield players:

Garcia
Riise
Finnan
Nunez
Warnock
Potter
Kewell

Both Riise and Finnan are full backs, but Rafa has used them in midfield.

Theres also Ritchie Partridge, but unfortunately there's more of a chance of the Hustler playing central midfield for us than him lining out.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:36 am

I think our scouts need to go around Holland too, there is some fantastic players there, and as someone pointed out earlier its not unlike the prem so its easier for them to get used to, Van der vaart, van horse head, jimmy floyd, klivert, Roy Makaay, bergkamp all fantastic players, we got Litmanen from there he was a play maker bit in the form of Garcia pity houllier got shut of him though, Westerfeld said once only thing he hated about LFC was the pubes in the soap in the showers :laugh: .
Yer I do think we should be scouting around Holland they produce the goods alright :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:38 am

Both Arsenal and Chelsea have found great young Dutch talent, Van Persie and Robben.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:50 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I think our scouts need to go around Holland too, there is some fantastic players there, and as someone pointed out earlier its not unlike the prem so its easier for them to get used to, Van der vaart, van horse head, jimmy floyd, klivert, Roy Makaay, bergkamp all fantastic players, we got Litmanen from there he was a play maker bit in the form of Garcia pity houllier got shut of him though, Westerfeld said once only thing he hated about LFC was the pubes in the soap in the showers :laugh: .
Yer I do think we should be scouting around Holland they produce the goods alright :cool:

hahahaha
i really didnt need to hear that
but that was funny
im all for internationalising our scouting staff
but we need the money to do it
and right now we dont have to much to succeed in putting scouts in different countries around the world
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:57 am

Robben was a class act and manure missed on signing him. Makes me laugh.

Same thing happened with Ronaldinho. They tried to knock down their offer and also tried to tie in a player swap with Barthez and cash going to PSG instead of just cash - why would PSG want that clown Barthez? If they had bought Ronaldinho, probably they'd be the EPL champion (despite Arsenal not losing because manure would probably win more games with him around) and would fared much better in the CL.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion