Appalling referring standard - Video technology needed now...

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Santa » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:39 pm

A.B. wrote:Ok so the ref didn't see it but where the ****** was the bloody linesman? FA is a disgrace

The linesman was probably still near half way line drooling over Mandes shot from a good 40 yards away...

Ambitious shot, school girl goalkeeping and fcuked-up referring.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:41 pm

Tottenham are feeling what we felt on Saturday, ANGER.  FA =****** ****** who let these shitty refs in.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stapo1000 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:45 pm

i'm not in favour of using cameras to make decisions. controversies are part of football and give us more to talk about
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:55 pm

stapo1000 wrote:i'm not in favour of using cameras to make decisions. controversies are part of football and give us more to talk about

If you want controversy, watch WWE. Football is a beautiful game, and also passionately supported. Decisions like this will ruin the reputation of the game itself, not to mention the possibilities of inciting violence among fans or getting players/managers sacked.

What happened to "fair play to all" OR "may the better team win" ?

To make it more controversial, why not flip the coin and decide the width of goal posts for teams, or maybe extra players if you are a Mancs or you are playing for Russia Mafia?

Controversy over fairplay? You are talking from your @ss mate!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:57 pm

Well said. Refs are there to make the game fair, they are doing everything but making the game fair.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:57 pm

Santa wrote:
stapo1000 wrote:i'm not in favour of using cameras to make decisions. controversies are part of football and give us more to talk about

If you want controversy, watch WWE. Football is a beautiful game, and also passionately supported. Decisions like this will ruin the reputation of the game itself, not to mention the possibilities of inciting violence among fans or getting players/managers sacked.

What happened to "fair play to all" OR "may the better team win" ?

To make it more controversial, why not flip the coin and decide the width of goal posts for teams, or maybe extra players if you are a Mancs or you are playing for Russia Mafia?

Well said, Santa...I am 100 percent with you!!!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:59 pm

I'm sending an email to the FA, I don't care if it doesn't change anything but I got to give them a piece of my mind.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:33 am

I think video technology needs to come into play, at least with goal-line incidents such as this (even though it was closer to row Z than the goal-line). It's hard enough for some players to score goals, but to have things like that waved away dismissively because the officials aren't close enough to the action is just ridiculous.

Fine, they can't see everything. I'm starting to think that some of them can't see anything though, and some of the things they are seeing appear to be figments of their own imaginations.

I'd hate to see games grind to a halt like in rugby league and cricket, when the refs/umpires play it so safe that they hand over obvious decisions to the guy watching the screen, but this season the refs are making as many back pages as the players, and it's corrupting the league table beyond all recognition.
ivor_the_injun

Postby liamac » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:55 am

Like i said in another thread  yesterday...............try iy out in a mini tournament during the summer, see where it is used to best effect , try and iron out any problems that may occur during that time.
The game is too big , too much at stake financially  , jobs at stake , too fast  to allow some old f@rt run up and down and not see every thing .

There have been some terrible mistakes commited by the officials reffereeing the game  ,and it is starting  to bring the game into disripute.

If THAT goal had been allowed we would of been only 4 points  behind the scum, Only 1 point if we had had  proper refereeing of our game against Chelsea...........1 POINT !!!!!

We have them at Anfield in two weeks time , imagine when we beat them ............2 POINTS ahead  of the scum , and some of you are saying we shouldnt have video replays ?!?!?!?!  god give me strength !!
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby L-type » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:07 am

Poor officiating. I totally agree with video ref's, but that won't fix everything.  The standard of ferereeing needs to be raised drastically and ref's need to be held accountable for their errors that way pushovers like Mike Riley will have to worry not only about saving chelsea but saving his own ******. 

Everton -  Extra time was extended 2 minutes to give them enough time to score the winner. 

Man U - What do you think spawned this thread?

Chelsea - The biggest game of the year so far and it was totally blown by the refs.  I seriously think if we got the penalty kick and converted it we would have won, none of that tie ****** because we controlled the game so how was it only enough that a draw would have been fair?

3 games ****** up in a week, absolutely horrible and it all favors the teams in the top 4 of the table.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:41 am

Evertons extra time was extended by a further two minutes???  your kidding me  , really ?  sorry im not quetioning you L-type , im just gobsmacked
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:42 am

i was shocked at what happend at that game tonight, just this weekend i had a heated chat with my mate (chelsea fan) that had come over for the game  that video should now be used in some shape , we both think this was a good idea but could not agree on when the game be stopped .
say a blue clame handball but as the do so the red team make a break and get a goal do you then stop and see if it was a pen and if it was wipe out the red goal  or do you stop the play right away and stop the reds break only to find it was not a pen.
it is a hard one to call.
you see if they wait till the game is over and then look at the video then they still can not give a pen.
i think the reson that we dont have video used right now is that knowone has come up with a way that it can work .
put it this way if liverpool are playing man u then every tmime a man u player drops in the box then they will call for the video and they could also be doing this to stop liverpool from making a break.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:54 am

We need goal sensors now as well.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:57 am

A.B. wrote:We need goal sensors now as well.

a few years ago a freanch bloke come up with a idea of putting a chip in the ball and in the goal , it was used in a few in under 10's 5 a side games and that was that.
it was a bit like they use in ice hockey i think
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:57 am

You have an excellent point LAKES  , and like you said that scenario would be a hard one to call , hence why i say  try it out in a mini tournament , iron it out there , decide where video footage can be used and where it cant . Its like a trial run where  they chew over it and decide if it does work.

The thing is , its pretty obvious  that at some point it will have to be used for example....... goals like the one that wasnt allowed in  the scum game ..........ok an easy one to choose i know , but all the same  there is way to much at stake now.

There is always another way to...............have an official watching  the game  on the screen who ca nrelay messages to the ref ...............the technology has been there for years, why not try that  as well
liamac
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion