Andy Carroll signs for West Ham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby D___C » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:44 pm

RedAnt » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:40 pm wrote:
"Yeah, but this same Fernando Torres aka Judas also anticipated a big money move to Chelsea and left us with a day to sign a replacement. I think Andy's one major problem was being given the number 9. This left the likes of D_C and Boxscarf and co (Football Manager types I expect) to believe that we had a new Fowler/Owen/Rush/Torres. He's not a playmaking number 10, nor is he a prolific, goalscoring number 9. The fact is that the number 9 on the back of a football shirt dosen't guarantee goals. The old number 9 and 10 strike pairing is outdated. The goal poaching striker is from the olden days too. Modern forwards come under a number of categegories, and whilst there may be one or two "classical" goalpoachers around, they're a very rare and dieing breed.I've got bored of typing now, but keep comparing. If you add up the points, weigh up the pro's and con's of each player, I think we may find that Andy Carroll is a much, MUCH more complete forward than Owen was at that age.

Said i wouldn't comment, however my name was mentioned in another farcical post so i am obliged to.

Errors galore in this one;

"left us with a day to sign a replacement".... IF that was true (which it ain't as we had just bought Suarez, and had nothing left in the season to play for)... its an even bigger indictment on the club. What did we scurry through the yellow pages and see what was available? Yes... lets jeopardize our immediate future on a last minute spending frenzy and blow 35million on a 12m pound player from a midtable side. What makes the "left us a day" comment even more ridiculous is the big geordie was injured.. so clearly he wasn't bought for the remainder of the season. There are no excuses for the worst deal in history.

The excuses on the player are also quite laughable.. "oh i wish he hadn't been given the #9". So he doesn't score goals, he doesn't create goals, he doesn't get involved in the play, and is diabolical on the floor (and bloo'dy wasteful in the air also)

And the last pearler... "more complete than Owen"...  :laugh: (joins in the sarcasm) The Ballon D'or European player of the year at 21...no match for the Gateshead chronicle player of the month at 23.
D___C

Postby RedAnt » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:32 pm

D___C » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:44 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:40 pm wrote:
"Yeah, but this same Fernando Torres aka Judas also anticipated a big money move to Chelsea and left us with a day to sign a replacement. I think Andy's one major problem was being given the number 9. This left the likes of D_C and Boxscarf and co (Football Manager types I expect) to believe that we had a new Fowler/Owen/Rush/Torres. He's not a playmaking number 10, nor is he a prolific, goalscoring number 9. The fact is that the number 9 on the back of a football shirt dosen't guarantee goals. The old number 9 and 10 strike pairing is outdated. The goal poaching striker is from the olden days too. Modern forwards come under a number of categegories, and whilst there may be one or two "classical" goalpoachers around, they're a very rare and dieing breed.I've got bored of typing now, but keep comparing. If you add up the points, weigh up the pro's and con's of each player, I think we may find that Andy Carroll is a much, MUCH more complete forward than Owen was at that age.

Said i wouldn't comment, however my name was mentioned in another farcical post so i am obliged to.

Errors galore in this one;

"left us with a day to sign a replacement".... IF that was true (which it ain't as we had just bought Suarez, and had nothing left in the season to play for)... its an even bigger indictment on the club. What did we scurry through the yellow pages and see what was available? Yes... lets jeopardize our immediate future on a last minute spending frenzy and blow 35million on a 12m pound player from a midtable side. What makes the "left us a day" comment even more ridiculous is the big geordie was injured.. so clearly he wasn't bought for the remainder of the season. There are no excuses for the worst deal in history.

The excuses on the player are also quite laughable.. "oh i wish he hadn't been given the #9". So he doesn't score goals, he doesn't create goals, he doesn't get involved in the play, and is diabolical on the floor (and bloo'dy wasteful in the air also)

And the last pearler... "more complete than Owen"...  :laugh: (joins in the sarcasm) The Ballon D'or European player of the year at 21...no match for the Gateshead chronicle player of the month at 23.

You really, really are a complete idiot. I figured out your agenda here....to make the rest of us look like genius's. You really have no idea what you're talking about and you read peoples posts in a context that suits your agenda. Your post is rediculous. I'm so tempted to tear into it, but frankly even your baiting has become boring.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:36 pm

Sorry D_C you say Carroll is awful on the floor. Look at his goal against us last year or His goal V man city last season or maybe the goal V Exeter this year in the Carling cup or against Oldham this year in the carling cup then say he is awful on the floor.

Carroll and Suarez next season will be amazing i know it. If we can keep Gerrard fit get another creative player and a wide player Next season I predict a very good season.

I just hope he doesnt get picked for England so he can stay at Liverpool and work hard through pre season.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:44 pm

RichardLFC1 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:36 pm wrote:
Carroll and Suarez next season will be amazing i know it.

I predict we will buy another striker this summer. Then next season Suarez and the new guy will be our main strikeforce, with Carroll as a possibility on the bench.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:01 pm

I don't understand why my name has been dragged into things, but I'll bite!

I haven't been anywhere near as critical of Carroll has D_C has, so quite how I'm being included here is beyond me! When we signed Andy Carroll I knew we had signed a footballer with a lot of potential, but I also knew that we have grossly overpaid for his services and I knew that a lot of supporters would get on Andy's back if he failed to set the blue touch paper alight to somehow try and justify such an expensive pricetag.

My major issue with Carroll is that I don't believe he's a 20 goals a season striker and that's what we need. We need another Torres, someone who can create something out of nothing, someone who can cause absolute mayhem in the opposition area and that striker is not Andy Carroll imo.
Boxscarf

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:06 pm

Boxscarf » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:01 pm wrote:I don't understand why my name has been dragged into things, but I'll bite!

I haven't been anywhere near as critical of Carroll has D_C has, so quite how I'm being included here is beyond me! When we signed Andy Carroll I knew we had signed a footballer with a lot of potential, but I also knew that we have grossly overpaid for his services and I knew that a lot of supporters would get on Andy's back if he failed to set the blue touch paper alight to somehow try and justify such an expensive pricetag.

My major issue with Carroll is that I don't believe he's a 20 goals a season striker and that's what we need. We need another Torres, someone who can create something out of nothing, someone who can cause absolute mayhem in the opposition area and that striker is not Andy Carroll imo.

Suarez isnt a 20 goals a season man either and you dont get on his back. Carroll can cause mayhem in the oppositions area actually, Did you see the blackburn and everton games, Two great headers noone could get near him. Same with the man utd game where Agger scored Carrolls shear presence scared the ***** out of DE Gea.

Suarez and Carroll are two completely diffrent players and when combined with the right service WILL set the place on fire

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:11 pm

I have been critical of Luis Suarez this season, you clearly haven't read the posts where I have been critical of Suarez.

You say that Carroll and Suarez with the right service will set the place on fire, well they have had pretty decent service this season (not the best) and have done diddly squat.
Boxscarf

Postby RedAnt » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:27 pm

Boxscarf » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:01 pm wrote:I don't understand why my name has been dragged into things, but I'll bite!

My apologies. You at least have a wider view than D_C does, though I still consider it naive. The Carroll debate has gone on and on and I doubt there's much left to say that's not already been said.

The fact is though that it's very unfair for any to single out Andy. The whole team's been pap.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:31 pm

Boxscarf » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:11 pm wrote:I have been critical of Luis Suarez this season, you clearly haven't read the posts where I have been critical of Suarez.

You say that Carroll and Suarez with the right service will set the place on fire, well they have had pretty decent service this season (not the best) and have done diddly squat.

Sorry but i dont understand your views. You say Luis and Andy have had great service but you have also complained how ***** Downing Hendo and Carroll have been so who has been supplying this service

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:48 pm

RichardLFC1 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:31 pm wrote:

Sorry but i dont understand your views. You say Luis and Andy have had great service but you have also complained how ***** Downing Hendo and Carroll have been so who has been supplying this service

Service clearly isn't a problem considering we're creating a plethora of chances every, single match! Also, I never said that Luis and Andy have had great service, I said they have had decent service (please learn how to read). I haven't complained too much about Andy, other than I don't believe he's a 20 goals a season striker. Andy's work rate is second to none as far as I am concerned. He's a work horse, a lot like Kuyt.
Boxscarf

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:49 pm

Boxscarf » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:48 pm wrote:
RichardLFC1 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:31 pm wrote:

Service clearly isn't a problem considering we're creating a plethora of chances every, single match! Also, I never said that Luis and Andy have had great service, I said they have had decent service (please learn how to read). I haven't complained too much about Andy, other than I don't believe he's a 20 goals a season striker. Andy's work rate is second to none as far as I am concerned. He's a work horse, a lot like Kuyt.

OK my bad "Pretty decent Service" so who is supplying this "Pretty Decent Service"

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:51 pm

RichardLFC1 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:49 pm wrote:OK my bad "Pretty decent Service" so who is supplying this "Pretty Decent Service"

Enrique, Shelvey, Suarez, Gerrard (when he plays).
Boxscarf

Postby D___C » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:28 am

The thread has long descended into farce... that last post i responded to was either a sarcastic pi''sstake, or someone who aint the full shilling.

I won't respond to said person again.

The major problem with any club forum (or club tv station) is you don't get accuracy. You get bias, you get a rose tinted perspective. Its akin to asking a mother to give her view on her child... "my boy wouldn't do that" type thing, as opposed to someone impartial. This and every club forum is full of this.

My comments on andy carroll are closer to being accurate than almost anyone on this site. You won't get a soul outside the little bubble (that many of our fans don't step out of) that says anything different.

I was listening to the panel on the radio discussing the England squad for the summer.. not only did he not get a look in but he didnt get mentioned. He wasn't a consideration. This an England squad that barely has a decent striker to its name, and a player whom we paid 35 million for doesn't get a comment. This was an independent panel, impartial...accurate. Incidentally Peter Crouch was one of the strikers chosen.

When i use the term donkey... that wrongly implies i think hes worthless. I have repeatedly stated his true worth, 12m. Hes a 3rd tier forward... he is being outshone by 2nd tier forwards such as Jelavic, who technique-wise is on a different level. At the very best he is an option for us to come off the bench late on when all else has failed.. had we signed a 2nd tier forward, such as Jelavic, he wouldn't be getting a kick.
Last edited by D___C on Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
D___C

Postby RichardLFC1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:29 am

Boxscarf » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:51 pm wrote:
RichardLFC1 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:49 pm wrote:OK my bad "Pretty decent Service" so who is supplying this "Pretty Decent Service"

Enrique, Shelvey, Suarez, Gerrard (when he plays).

Right lets compare Henderson and Shelvey

Total Passes - Henderson 1,315  Shelvey 231
Long passes - Henderson 9.2%    Shelvey 12.6%
Passing Accuracy - Henderson 82.4 %   Shelvey 79.7
Passes per game - Henderson 39.8   Shelvey 25.7
Total crosses -      Henderson 69    Shelvey 6
Shot assists -       Henderson 27     Shelvey 4

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:21 am

D___C » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:28 am wrote:The thread has long descended into farce... that last post i responded to was either a sarcastic pi''sstake, or someone who aint the full shilling.

I won't respond to said person again.

The major problem with any club forum (or club tv station) is you don't get accuracy. You get bias, you get a rose tinted perspective. Its akin to asking a mother to give her view on her child... "my boy wouldn't do that" type thing, as opposed to someone impartial. This and every club forum is full of this.

My comments on andy carroll are closer to being accurate than almost anyone on this site. You won't get a soul outside the little bubble (that many of our fans don't step out of) that says anything different.

I was listening to the panel on the radio discussing the England squad for the summer.. not only did he not get a look in but he didnt get mentioned. He wasn't a consideration. This an England squad that barely has a decent striker to its name, and a player whom we paid 35 million for doesn't get a comment. This was an independent panel, impartial...accurate. Incidentally Peter Crouch was one of the strikers chosen.

When i use the term donkey... that wrongly implies i think hes worthless. I have repeatedly stated his true worth, 12m. Hes a 3rd tier forward... he is being outshone by 2nd tier forwards such as Jelavic, who technique-wise is on a different level. At the very best he is an option for us to come off the bench late on when all else has failed.. had we signed a 2nd tier forward, such as Jelavic, he wouldn't be getting a kick.

Funny how you quote media outlets, which are the opposite of rose tinted. "impartial"? My ar'se!
Your comments "are closer to being accurate than almost anyone on this site"? Yeah right. You lil old bullsh'itter you!
You say the term "donkey" doesnt mean Carroll is worthless and an embarrassment? Is it a term of endearment about one of our senior players? Is it supposed to make people believe you actually support Carroll and therefore the team and the manager?
You are so full of sh'it its funny
Wierdo
:blush:
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion