Andy Carroll signs for West Ham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:58 pm

You are doing well for someone who said they wouldn't comment on Carroll again until the end of the season
Benny The Noon

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:09 am

Wildcard » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:51 pm wrote:Why would anyone get rid of Kuyt? He is an excellent player even though getting on a bit (remember he starts for 2nd best team in the World - Holland) I think the whole world knows that Carroll is just not that good, the price tag didn't help him but he will never get you even 15 goals a season i doubt.  Downing never ever scores or seems to do anything and i'm sorry but even though Spearing tries his hardest he is no better than an average Championship Midfielder. We need world class players not run of the mill workhorses.

we need another striker so one has to go.i would choose kuyt over carroll.
carroll is young and has the potential to improve where as kuyt hasnt.carroll is struggling yes but he's beginning to turn it around for himself,he works hard but just needs to find an end product.he has only been here just over a year and has a lot of pressure on his shoulders and imo he's beginning to settle and will be much better next season.is he worth £35mil :no ,will he get you 30 goals next season :eyebrow probably not.but he will be more valuable to the team than kuyt who hasnt exactly been magnificent the last 2 seasons and the chances of him ripping the prem apart next season are pretty slim.its nothing personal about kuyt.i think it makes better sense than selling kuyt over carroll because selling kuyt isnt going to come back and bite us on the ar$e where as prematurely selling carroll could.
downing for me has been the biggest disapointment of all the signings and im beginning to wonder if he could even be bothered trying to improve.
funny though that you think a young workhorse is"no better than an average championship midfielder" but a knackered workhorse an excellent player.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:52 am

we need another striker so one has to go.i would choose kuyt over carroll.

I'd get rid of both of them regardless of the loss & use the proceeds to buy 1 good player to complement Suarez's playing style. Carroll is not what a call a suitable partner for Suarez, could not be further from it!
killerp

Postby maguskwt » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:14 am

killerp » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:52 am wrote:we need another striker so one has to go.i would choose kuyt over carroll.

I'd get rid of both of them regardless of the loss & use the proceeds to buy 1 good player to complement Suarez's playing style. Carroll is not what a call a suitable partner for Suarez, could not be further from it!

If he's willing to sit on the bench, I'd keep Carroll. Kuyt is actually taking up the right wing slot in the squad. If he goes, I would try to sign Adam Johnson. Right now Henderson is playing there and he's not a winger. Look how much better Henderson plays as a CM.

We definitely need to buy a striker with sterling and Carroll as back up...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:42 am

Carroll is a great player if given the service. Next season if we played Gerrard just behind Suarez and Carroll i think we would be alot more threatening. All we need is a player to sit next to Lucas an Essien or de Jong type. Also a right midfielder someone who will just put them in the box for the lads.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:55 am

Carroll gave 100 % for the team yesterday and looked every inch a reds player,and there are genuine signs that him and Suarez are starting
to link up well.  Luis was scything through their defence at times  with contemptuous ease , but needs to release the ball a lot earlier than
what he's currently doing .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:34 am

Benny The Noon » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:58 pm wrote:You are doing well for someone who said they wouldn't comment on Carroll again until the end of the season

Its a woman thing
I dont know how many times my other half says she doesnt want to talk about something only for her to go on and on and on boring the Fu*king sh'it out of me by repeating the same thing for hours.
Kerrys no different. She cant help it
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby maguskwt » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:29 pm

RichardLFC1 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:42 am wrote:Carroll is a great player if given the service. Next season if we played Gerrard just behind Suarez and Carroll i think we would be alot more threatening. All we need is a player to sit next to Lucas an Essien or de Jong type. Also a right midfielder someone who will just put them in the box for the lads.

Carroll is a great player when given service? I thought he had quite good service against West Brom and his headers were disappointing. He had a good overall game but his attempts on goal were disappointing. He didn't test the keeper at all. If the service needed to be better than this then Crouch and Heskey would be great players as well...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:32 pm

maguskwt » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:29 pm wrote:
RichardLFC1 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:42 am wrote:Carroll is a great player if given the service. Next season if we played Gerrard just behind Suarez and Carroll i think we would be alot more threatening. All we need is a player to sit next to Lucas an Essien or de Jong type. Also a right midfielder someone who will just put them in the box for the lads.

Carroll is a great player when given service? I thought he had quite good service against West Brom and his headers were disappointing. He had a good overall game but his attempts on goal were disappointing. He didn't test the keeper at all. If the service needed to be better than this then Crouch and Heskey would be great players as well...

We did enough to have won the game.
The whole team failed, not just Carroll
Thommo's perm

Postby maguskwt » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:43 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:32 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:29 pm wrote:

We did enough to have won the game.
The whole team failed, not just Carroll

Not saying Carroll alone failed. In fact I liked the way he got himself involved. I just can't see him as a great player... He could become a useful player for us but that's about it. He's definitely not a key player material. We really need a striker who can bang in 20 goals a season regularly. I don't think he is anywhere near Huntelaar's level for example...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:30 pm

maguskwt » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:29 pm wrote:

quite good service against west brom? must have been watching a different game to me. our crossing in general is really poor and comes from far too deep on the pitch. they're also floated far too often which means carroll has to generate the pace himself. he needs the ball whipping in with pace. gerrard and bellamy are the only players who do this with any regularity. gerrard doesn't play wide and bellamy spends most of his time on the bench. downing is also in and out the side.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby D___C » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:46 pm

stmichael » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:30 pm wrote: carroll... needs the ball whipping in with pace. gerrard and bellamy are the only players who do this with any regularity. gerrard doesn't play wide and bellamy spends most of his time on the bench. downing is also in and out the side.

Summed up how limited he is.

He needs to go somewhere that caters to his limitations and plays a direct aerial style.

When he is moved on i can see him at Stoke. Newcastle have started to play it on the floor since he left so i don't see them going back to the aerial direct style that left them midtable.
D___C

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:03 pm

D___C » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:46 pm wrote:
stmichael » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:30 pm wrote: carroll... needs the ball whipping in with pace. gerrard and bellamy are the only players who do this with any regularity. gerrard doesn't play wide and bellamy spends most of his time on the bench. downing is also in and out the side.

He needs to go somewhere that caters to his limitations and plays a direct aerial style.

When he is moved on i can see him at Stoke. Newcastle have started to play it on the floor since he left so i don't see them going back to the aerial direct style that left them midtable.

Is this you not commenting?
:wwww
I fu'ckin love women!
Thommo's perm

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:25 pm

D___C » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:46 pm wrote:

D___C » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:16 pm wrote:I won't comment anymore on Carroll until the end of the season.

End of the season is it ?
Benny The Noon

Postby RedAnt » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:25 pm wrote:
D___C » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:46 pm wrote:

D___C » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:16 pm wrote:I won't comment anymore on Carroll until the end of the season.

End of the season is it ?

The end of the season came when we signed Andy Carroll a year and a half ago apparently. So she's allowed to comment again now.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion