Andy Carroll signs for West Ham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Kukilon » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:16 pm

Kenny Kan » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:02 am wrote:Kenny hasn't played him in 3 consecutive games or more from the beginning of games.

Carroll has definitely earned the right to start the next game and more, he needs Kenny to play him into form simply by starting him much more consistently.

He should deffinately start next game but this goes for all players that play good.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:01 pm

mart » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:10 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:56 pm wrote:Yes. This is fair and open minded criticism. What D_C does, for want of a better phrase is blatant doom mongering and tunnel visioned b*tching. I wish it wasn't true but sadly it is.

While its boring to read Kerry/D_C's posts, its even more boring to read the replies to his posts. Everyone knows Kerry hates carroll and everyone knows half the posters here think he is a c*nt. If you feel the need to stalk him and call him a c*nt every time he posts perhaps you should use the forums ignore feature instead.

Well you quoted me but I have never, nor will I ever resort to petty name calling or abuse. Rather than use an ignore button it'd be better if certain people actually used constructive, open minded criticism rather than simply rocking the boat for attention.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby mart » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:15 pm

RedAnt » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:01 pm wrote:
mart » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:10 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:56 pm wrote:Yes. This is fair and open minded criticism. What D_C does, for want of a better phrase is blatant doom mongering and tunnel visioned b*tching. I wish it wasn't true but sadly it is.

While its boring to read Kerry/D_C's posts, its even more boring to read the replies to his posts. Everyone knows Kerry hates carroll and everyone knows half the posters here think he is a c*nt. If you feel the need to stalk him and call him a c*nt every time he posts perhaps you should use the forums ignore feature instead.

Well you quoted me but I have never, nor will I ever resort to petty name calling or abuse. Rather than use an ignore button it'd be better if certain people actually used constructive, open minded criticism rather than simply rocking the boat for attention.

I probably should have quoted someone else, but it was more of a general comment.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:49 pm

really encouraging words from carroll. shows that his attitude is spot on. was also encouraged by brad jones saying the other day that carroll is constantly staying behind after training to do extra work.

has to stay in the team now from now until the end of the season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby D___C » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:20 pm

andy_g » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:17 pm wrote:i'd have no problem reading people's criticisms of andy carroll all day long... as long as they were vaguely accurate. there are some very wrong theories that have been put forward in the last couple of pages that i find it hard to believe people can actually stand by. the first is that when carroll is on the pitch we play a direct, long ball game - the truth is that we don't. another is that carroll is only any use if we use his head as a target - that's not true either and is obvious if anyone has paid the slightest bit of attention to his passing game. yet another is that we spent all our money building a team that only serves to put the ball on his head - also completely false. if it was the case then adam, downing and carroll would all have been on the pitch at the same time pumping balls into the box for him. i haven't actually seen a great deal of evidence for this. the players were selected for assist stats that would have supported suarez's game as much as anyone.

it all reminds me so much of the old 'lucas can only pass 5 yards sideways' mantra of old. something which obviously only served to support the prejudice of those that plain didn't like him without having to go to the trouble of actually analysing his football.

The truth is your talking through your behind.

Comolli stated that the Downing signing was important due to him providing service for Carroll out wide. Another signing, Adam, was bought for his crossing from free kicks, corners and in play. So thats two players bought for andy carroll, who demands that the ball is played in the air. Lost count of the number of times he has pointed to his head in frustration. If you want to dismiss Comolli and his reasons for signing players thats up to you.

And err.. how did he score his last two goals? Direct kick down the middle against Blackburn, flick on.. meets it in the air. Bitters... freekick into the box.. meets it in the air. On the floor he has looked shocking.. which is why he has been lambasted this season. You don't just get savaged for no reason. Theres no conspiracy against him.
D___C

Postby D___C » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:25 pm

When Barcelona got rid of Ibrahimovic they did so because he was incompatible with Messi. They ensured the team was built around Messi.. everything to get the very best out if him.

We should be doing the same toward Suarez.... not catering to a lesser player. Comolli paid for it by doing so.
D___C

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:02 pm

D___C » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:20 pm wrote:
andy_g » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:17 pm wrote:i'd have no problem reading people's criticisms of andy carroll all day long... as long as they were vaguely accurate. there are some very wrong theories that have been put forward in the last couple of pages that i find it hard to believe people can actually stand by. the first is that when carroll is on the pitch we play a direct, long ball game - the truth is that we don't. another is that carroll is only any use if we use his head as a target - that's not true either and is obvious if anyone has paid the slightest bit of attention to his passing game. yet another is that we spent all our money building a team that only serves to put the ball on his head - also completely false. if it was the case then adam, downing and carroll would all have been on the pitch at the same time pumping balls into the box for him. i haven't actually seen a great deal of evidence for this. the players were selected for assist stats that would have supported suarez's game as much as anyone.

it all reminds me so much of the old 'lucas can only pass 5 yards sideways' mantra of old. something which obviously only served to support the prejudice of those that plain didn't like him without having to go to the trouble of actually analysing his football.

Comolli stated that the Downing signing was important due to him providing service for Carroll out wide. Another signing, Adam, was bought for his crossing from free kicks, corners and in play. So thats two players bought for andy carroll, who demands that the ball is played in the air. Lost count of the number of times he has pointed to his head in frustration. If you want to dismiss Comolli and his reasons for signing players thats up to you.

And err.. how did he score his last two goals? Direct kick down the middle against Blackburn, flick on.. meets it in the air. Bitters... freekick into the box.. meets it in the air. On the floor he has looked shocking.. which is why he has been lambasted this season. You don't just get savaged for no reason. Theres no conspiracy against him.

whats wrong with scoring with your head? i`d say at least half of the goals aldo scored in that late 80`s team were with his head and a lot of keegans goals came from headers too, just because your forward scores plenty of headers doesnt mean the team plays alehouse football. was john barnes an alehouse player for putting so many crosses in?
and andy carroll is good on the floor, granted when he first arrived his touch wasnt great but it has been improving all season and now the ball sticks to him like glue, with his back to goal and defenders all over him he probably retains possession better than suarez now.
carroll is playing well, a lot of neutrals and even the liverpool echo had him down as MoM on saturday, if he`s as $h1te as you make him out to be how come he put in a match winning performance in the biggest derby game in a quarter of a century? surely if he is as useless as you say he is he wouldnt have the ability to that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:08 pm

D___C » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:25 pm wrote:When Barcelona got rid of Ibrahimovic they did so because he was incompatible with Messi. They ensured the team was built around Messi.. everything to get the very best out if him.

We should be doing the same toward Suarez.... not catering to a lesser player. Comolli paid for it by doing so.

that was ibrahimovic`s theory why he was moved on from barcelona, everyone else thought he was moved on because he wasnt prepared to graft his @rse off when barcelona didnt have the ball, that pressing game wasnt his style, he was used to letting the mugs in midfield and defence win it back for him, at barcelona everyone hunts the ball, even the star strikers.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby heimdall » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:38 pm

Look I'm not Carroll's biggest fan either but you have to agree that he's improved recently, I can actually see a glimmer of a good striker now. He could be the next Lucas and I'd be more than happy to eat humble pie if that happens.
heimdall

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:35 pm

heimdall » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:38 pm wrote:

Look I'm not Carroll's biggest fan either but you have to agree that he's improved recently, I can actually see a glimmer of a good striker now. He could be the next Lucas and I'd be more than happy to eat humble pie if that happens.

when i see comments like this i think `thats fair enough`, even if you dont like carroll at least you are looking at the situation with an open mind.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby D___C » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:46 am

heimdall » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:38 pm wrote:Look I'm not Carroll's biggest fan either but you have to agree that he's improved recently, I can actually see a glimmer of a good striker now. He could be the next Lucas and I'd be more than happy to eat humble pie if that happens.

Two games ago you were slaughtering him, along with most of the country.

You are doing a u-turn because hes got on the end of two moves with headers? Are you that fickle? Is that all it takes to change a view?

Look at both games...against Blackburn he was appalling for 91 minutes.. read the in game thread.. or even better.. watch the 90 minutes. His best effort was a backward header towards our own goal which Jones tipped over. Take out the 92nd minute header and he would be getting hammered.

Vs Bitters... anonymous first half, start of the second missed a sitter, next involvement puts a shot wide... and then in the 87th minute flicked a header in. Before the usual accusations i'm not taking anything away from him as he scored the winner at Wembley against the bitters to put us into a cup final, and for that goal alone im hugely grateful to him.... but im not fickle to suddenly change my mind on a player because of two isolated moments. Luis was the best forward at Wembley.. and the second best was wearing blue.

I have seen nothing to suggest hes anything more than a 12m pound player, and one who is suited to a direct/aerial team (from which he has benefited in the last two games). No successful side play this way.. and in doing so we are not playing to the strengths of our best player Suarez. Comolli was sacked because of his transfers, a transfer policy geared toward andy carroll.
D___C

Postby D___C » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:56 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:02 pm wrote:whats wrong with scoring with your head? i`d say at least half of the goals aldo scored in that late 80`s team were with his head and a lot of keegans goals came from headers too, just because your forward scores plenty of headers doesnt mean the team plays alehouse football. was john barnes an alehouse player for putting so many crosses in?
and andy carroll is good on the floor, granted when he first arrived his touch wasnt great but it has been improving all season and now the ball sticks to him like glue, with his back to goal and defenders all over him he probably retains possession better than suarez now.
carroll is playing well, a lot of neutrals and even the liverpool echo had him down as MoM on saturday, if he`s as $h1te as you make him out to be how come he put in a match winning performance in the biggest derby game in a quarter of a century? surely if he is as useless as you say he is he wouldnt have the ability to that.

I didnt say "hes sh'te"... its all relative. If we were Stoke i'd be praising him to the heavens,,, because he would be at our level. This is Liverpool.. big difference.

As i said in a previous post... peter crouch is a better player than andy carroll.. and not one person on here would dispute that. But was peter crouch good enough for Liverpool? Was peter crouch good enough to lead a Liverpool title challenging/winning side? No (and let me add again i liked crouch.. but he was not good enough.. for us)
D___C

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:17 am

D___C » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:46 am wrote:
heimdall » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:38 pm wrote:Look I'm not Carroll's biggest fan either but you have to agree that he's improved recently, I can actually see a glimmer of a good striker now. He could be the next Lucas and I'd be more than happy to eat humble pie if that happens.

You are doing a u-turn because hes got on the end of two moves with headers? Are you that fickle? Is that all it takes to change a view?

Look at both games...against Blackburn he was appalling for 91 minutes.. read the in game thread.. or even better.. watch the 90 minutes. His best effort was a backward header towards our own goal which Jones tipped over. Take out the 92nd minute header and he would be getting hammered.

Vs Bitters... anonymous first half, start of the second missed a sitter, next involvement puts a shot wide... and then in the 87th minute flicked a header in. Before the usual accusations i'm not taking anything away from him as he scored the winner at Wembley against the bitters to put us into a cup final, and for that goal alone im hugely grateful to him.... but im not fickle to suddenly change my mind on a player because of two isolated moments. Luis was the best forward at Wembley.. and the second best was wearing blue.

I have seen nothing to suggest hes anything more than a 12m pound player, and one who is suited to a direct/aerial team (from which he has benefited in the last two games). No successful side play this way.. and in doing so we are not playing to the strengths of our best player Suarez. Comolli was sacked because of his transfers, a transfer policy geared toward andy carroll.

While I agree that it doesn't take much to change certain member's minds quite so frequently, including Heimdall's comments about having Rafa back  :laugh: . At least he can see Carroll has "improved frequently" and can acknowledge this.

You on the other hand have trenched yourself so deep about your feelings for Carroll, that EVERYTHING you say about Carroll you believe is true because you've repeated it soooo many times. You have become delusional with your inane drivel about Carroll.

This quote is the biggest load of bulls.hit " Luis was the best forward at Wembley.. and the second best was wearing blue." Firstly, I wouldn't be so quick to say Luis was the best striker at Wembley - he did really well and scored but let's not forget he tended to dribble down blind allies quite a lot, take defenders on when the pass to a team mate was a better option to chose. He wasn't faultless by any stretch of the imagination. Then you say the second best striker was wearing blue  :laugh: who was their striker? I hardly saw them use their strikers, that Jelavic bloke who has the work rate and game intelligence of a slug. The only time he did anything of note was when Carra played him in and he scored a decent goal - he was pretty much non-existent after that.

As Carroll said himself, he can 'put himself about a bit' and he did just that against Everton. He's a real team player and puts in shifts upfront and in defense - like he did against Everton. He made the ball 'stick' and Saturday, he brought others into play, he battled for everything and found himself in some good goal scoring opportunities, and was rewarded with the winner of the game. For me, and many others he was MotM - which made him the best  player at Wembley on Saturday, never mind best striker and certainly not behind the blue-noses striker  :laugh: .
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:29 am

D___C » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:46 am wrote:

its absolutely pointless discussing anything to do with andy carroll with you. you stick with your views if they make you happy.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:55 am

D___C » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:46 am wrote:

I have been consitently trying to persuade Reds that Carroll was not a useless donkey and actually had skill and the ability to influence and even win games, and boy was I right! You on the other hand have been trying to brainwash people into believing that he was a costly turd in a Liverpool kit and you have been proven totally wrong. Your insistence on trying to convince us of your view has actually helped mine now that people have sussed you.
After being made an absolute cu'nt of (mostly by yourself) you have come back fighting
I love that in a woman. Its one of the sexiest things to see a female with her nostrils flared and her nipples erect.
You keep going girl, you sexy fu'cker you
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion