Andy Carroll signs for West Ham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:13 am

I know a lot of people dont always agree with D_C but its certainly true that we spent most of our budget last summer building a team around Andy.  Adam was supposed to be the man to deliver the corners, set pieces onto Andy's head.  Downing was signed to supply the crosses from the left and possibly even Hendo from the right.  (Thats were Kenny keeps trying to play him). 

If indeed that was the plan, well its not worked out.  And is possibly one of the reason's for Comolli losing his job.

This is not neccesarily a criticism of the players, I think they all have something to offer our squad and its evident that Carroll and Downing have improved a lot lately.  I just think that perhaps Plan A hasn't really clicked as we thought it may.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:51 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:22 am wrote:
D___C » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:06 am wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:59 pm wrote:See D_c, I think its obvious I don't like you, normLly o can't be assed to write a reply to you as your boring.  You have come out with the same posts since we bought Andy Carroll.  You will never see any good in him. Instead of celebrating his winning goal ypu choose to talk about the one he missed! I don't / can't understand that.  He is improving which is all we cam ask for.  Next season he will not  feel the pressure as much as this season which willl help him.  He is getting in better positions and he is scoring goals. Not sure what more YOU want

i suggest you start reading before typing.

I didn't say a word on Saturday and had nothing but celebratory posts. Not a solitary critique on carroll either. He scored the goal that beat the bitters at Wembley...one of the most satisfying goals in recent years (if not THE most satisfying) so i was overjoyed for that alone.

The game is finished, post match celebrations done.

If i dont see any good in him why did i state "will never fault his workrate, his effort". You must understand that whatever i state its all relative...i expect Liverpool standard players to play for Liverpool, others on here dont demand those standards.

Is Peter Crouch good enough for Liverpool? (and i liked him btw)... the answer is no, and hes a better player than andy carroll. Is Heskey good enough for Liverpool? No. We continually spend big money on average British players, which is largely why we havent mounted a serious title challenge (bar 2009) for 20 years. Its not so much that i dont rate andy carroll (for us).. hes a 12m player, but its the direct style of play we are forced to adopt when hes on the field..constant demands of "on me head"...and off the field we have also catered to him by signing players who play direct.. with a shocking transfer project that cost comolli his job. Bar Bellamy, we have not signed one player that caters to Luis Suarez. Thats a travesty.

Ahhh the voice of reason:
"He scored the winning goal blah blah blah, BUT hes still sh'it..."
Blow it out your Fu*king ar'se. Some of us have been predicting what Carroll can do while you have been monotonously spewing out pure bo'llocks in order to tell us we are wrong.
Guess what babe? Youre the one who's wrong. And no matter how hard you try to bring us back on track and make us see that it was a one off and he is still the player you say he is, its not working.
Hes no Messi, Ronaldo, Pele, Maradonna etc etc. but hes a hard working, decent, effective, young player who has just contributed to the downfall of one of the most confident bitters teams I have seen in decades. He will get even better. I will repeat that, He will get better. And if he gets it right he will be a monster. So why dont you shut your yapping fanny and fu'ck off if you dont like it because we, the true fans, are just fine with the geordie donkey
:nod

The thing was that he wasn't working as hard as he should for a long time. Can't fault people being annoyed that he has been quite useless up until now. If he continues like this that resentment will go away. The biggest change the last two games was that he never gave up. It's not like he hasn't beeen given opportunities. For his price tag which was not his fault he has quite a long way to go.

Ofcourse you guys deserve to mock us for it if he turns out a great player but don't pretend that the signs could be seen on the wall from the start. No one will be happier than I if I'm wrong.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby D___C » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:18 pm

jacdaniel » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:13 am wrote:I know a lot of people dont always agree with D_C but its certainly true that we spent most of our budget last summer building a team around Andy.  Adam was supposed to be the man to deliver the corners, set pieces onto Andy's head.  Downing was signed to supply the crosses from the left and possibly even Hendo from the right.  (Thats were Kenny keeps trying to play him). 

If indeed that was the plan, well its not worked out.  And is possibly one of the reason's for Comolli losing his job.

This is not neccesarily a criticism of the players, I think they all have something to offer our squad and its evident that Carroll and Downing have improved a lot lately.  I just think that perhaps Plan A hasn't really clicked as we thought it may.

Good lord... someone else on this forum with sense.

:grinning:
D___C

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:13 pm

D___C wrote:
jacdaniel » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:13 am wrote:I know a lot of people dont always agree with D_C but its certainly true that we spent most of our budget last summer building a team around Andy.  Adam was supposed to be the man to deliver the corners, set pieces onto Andy's head.  Downing was signed to supply the crosses from the left and possibly even Hendo from the right.  (Thats were Kenny keeps trying to play him). 

Mate you said you was 95% sure we would lose on saturday. Thats not really having sense especially as we done em and you still had something to B itch about.

I have no idea what your motive is for most of your posts. People, myself included can get disheartned by the team from time to time but whoever it is given the oppurtunity i will watch the game and support MY team you on the other hand have gone out of your way to bring down Carroll and bring down the spirits of everyone on the forum with your moron ways

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:16 pm

RichardLFC1 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:13 pm wrote:
D___C wrote:

Mate you said you was 95% sure we would lose on saturday. Thats not really having sense especially as we done em and you still had something to B itch about.

I have no idea what your motive is for most of your posts. People, myself included can get disheartned by the team from time to time but whoever it is given the oppurtunity i will watch the game and support MY team you on the other hand have gone out of your way to bring down Carroll and bring down the spirits of everyone on the forum with your moron ways

Well said.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:36 pm

D___C » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:18 pm wrote:

Besides me you mean?
Haha typical of your spinning bullsh'it. The difference between what you say and what jacdaniel said is that he isnt blaming Carroll or saying hes garbage and a waste of money
By the way do you still want KK to be sacked?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:52 pm

RichardLFC1 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:13 pm wrote:
D___C wrote:

Here here.

What jacdaniel has done is been reasonable with his criticism, maintaining his respect for both the player and club.

D__C on the other hand has consistently tried to undermine player, club and manager in an effort to gain support for his/her minority views. No way is this person a supporter of Liverpool FC.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:56 pm

Yes. This is fair and open minded criticism. What D_C does, for want of a better phrase is blatant doom mongering and tunnel visioned b*tching. I wish it wasn't true but sadly it is.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby andy_g » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:17 pm

i'd have no problem reading people's criticisms of andy carroll all day long... as long as they were vaguely accurate. there are some very wrong theories that have been put forward in the last couple of pages that i find it hard to believe people can actually stand by. the first is that when carroll is on the pitch we play a direct, long ball game - the truth is that we don't. another is that carroll is only any use if we use his head as a target - that's not true either and is obvious if anyone has paid the slightest bit of attention to his passing game. yet another is that we spent all our money building a team that only serves to put the ball on his head - also completely false. if it was the case then adam, downing and carroll would all have been on the pitch at the same time pumping balls into the box for him. i haven't actually seen a great deal of evidence for this. the players were selected for assist stats that would have supported suarez's game as much as anyone.

it all reminds me so much of the old 'lucas can only pass 5 yards sideways' mantra of old. something which obviously only served to support the prejudice of those that plain didn't like him without having to go to the trouble of actually analysing his football.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby friendlyguy33 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:55 pm

I was made up with Carroll's performance on saturday and that he scored the winner. I just fear that his recent performances and scoring the winner in successive games may have come too late to save his Liverpool career.

I hope I'm wrong but I think the club may decide to cash in on him during the summer.
friendlyguy33

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:44 pm

friendlyguy33 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:55 pm wrote:I was made up with Carroll's performance on saturday and that he scored the winner. I just fear that his recent performances and scoring the winner in successive games may have come too late to save his Liverpool career.

I hope I'm wrong but I think the club may decide to cash in on him during the summer.

i doubt that considering kenny has just reiterated the point that they signed carroll and hendo for 5 years not 5 minutes.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:06 am

andy_g » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:17 pm wrote:i'd have no problem reading people's criticisms of andy carroll all day long... as long as they were vaguely accurate. there are some very wrong theories that have been put forward in the last couple of pages that i find it hard to believe people can actually stand by. the first is that when carroll is on the pitch we play a direct, long ball game - the truth is that we don't. another is that carroll is only any use if we use his head as a target - that's not true either and is obvious if anyone has paid the slightest bit of attention to his passing game. yet another is that we spent all our money building a team that only serves to put the ball on his head - also completely false. if it was the case then adam, downing and carroll would all have been on the pitch at the same time pumping balls into the box for him. i haven't actually seen a great deal of evidence for this. the players were selected for assist stats that would have supported suarez's game as much as anyone.

it all reminds me so much of the old 'lucas can only pass 5 yards sideways' mantra of old. something which obviously only served to support the prejudice of those that plain didn't like him without having to go to the trouble of actually analysing his football.

Right, I cant agree more. What it all comes down to is picking the scapegoat. Carrol cost the most so it must be his fault. I would be equally critical of him if he was constantly given service in every game he has played, but the fact is, he hasn't. The other signings who should be providing crosses and the like have been awful. The moment Gerrard came back from injury, he put the crosses in, Carrol instantly lifted his game and played like he gave a damn.
But many have already made up their mind. Its Carrol's fault.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:41 am

From Skysports:

Andy Carroll wants to be given the chance to start more games for Liverpool and insists he has changed his lifestyle since his record-breaking move to Anfield.

The striker joined Liverpool from Newcastle United in January 2011 for a record fee for a British player, but has scored just 10 goals in 51 appearances.

He has started only 31 of those matches and admits his confidence has been low after spending large periods of the season on the substitutes' bench.

However, Carroll has started the Reds' last two games against Blackburn Rovers and Everton in the FA Cup semi-final, scoring the winner both times, and believes he will only get better with more time on the pitch.

"I am confident in myself that, if I am playing games, I will score goals and put myself about," said the 23-year-old.

"I am confident in myself that, if I am playing games, I will score goals and put myself about."
Andy Carroll Quotes of the week

"I cannot really do that if I am on the bench and coming on in the last 10 minutes of games.

"What I want is to start games and put myself about like I know I can. When I haven't been playing, you get low on confidence."

Carroll also claimed the days of his party lifestyle off the pitch were behind him after former England boss Fabio Capello infamously warned him last September that he needed to "drink less".

"My past is my past. I changed my lifestyle when I came to Liverpool and settled down. I love it here," he added.

"People will say to me 'Oh, you were in the boozer last week' but it is just rumours going round.

"Now I just laugh it off. To be honest, I don't go out at all. I know what people say is not true, my family knows it's not true and the club knows it's not true.

"All I do now is sit in the house with my girlfriend, chill out and watch movies."
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:02 am

Kenny hasn't played him in 3 consecutive games or more from the beginning of games.

Carroll has definitely earned the right to start the next game and more, he needs Kenny to play him into form simply by starting him much more consistently.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:10 pm

RedAnt » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:56 pm wrote:Yes. This is fair and open minded criticism. What D_C does, for want of a better phrase is blatant doom mongering and tunnel visioned b*tching. I wish it wasn't true but sadly it is.

While its boring to read Kerry/D_C's posts, its even more boring to read the replies to his posts. Everyone knows Kerry hates carroll and everyone knows half the posters here think he is a c*nt. If you feel the need to stalk him and call him a c*nt every time he posts perhaps you should use the forums ignore feature instead.
mart
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion