Fight for 4th - Liv, mcy, tot & ast

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby DrPepe » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:55 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:4th place is gone ... and rafa knows and that's why also he sign new striker to replace torres for next season ...

:laugh:
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby Aussie Style » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:11 pm

DrPepe wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:4th place is gone ... and rafa knows and that's why also he sign new striker to replace torres for next season ...

:laugh:

That was my reaction too..f.uck some people talk absolute rubbish
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby teamleader1 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:03 pm

As much as I'm living in hope, I just cant see us getting 4th to be honest
we've needed to go all out for wins for a long time now, but have thrown away so many points through being so negative that I have no faith in us all of a sudden throwing caution to the wind and grabbing whats left of the season by the scruff of the neck
Spurs, City, Villa and even Everton will give it everything both home and away
We on the other hand will carry on defending the 0-0   :down:
teamleader1

Postby andy_g » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:19 pm

don't worry yourselves too much people. that was a great result for man city and a terrible result for us. we really needed them to drop some points there, and we really needed chelsea to get some to prevent the mancs getting a new foothold at the top. city are the very definition of unpredictable though and will certainly drop as many unexpected points as they win. the nature of the league this season makes a mockery of predicting anything. all we have to do is keep our fingers crossed and go for as many wins as we can.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:20 pm

for me it now all hinges on keeping Torres and Yossi fit, if we can then i am very confident we can go on the kind of run that will see us get forth spot.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:48 pm

I don't think we'll make fourth :(  City and Spurs look far better sides and are caning the lesser teams but we can only manage draws and sh!tty performances that lack creative passing and uuuuumph :( .

:(
LFC2007

Postby Penguins » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:19 pm

Well, they have (better) creative players and have invested heavliy in their squads during the summer.

Which means positive winds are blowing in their sails. That positive feeling is something that i feel is underestimated. The players seeing the investment and knowing the club is aiming higher!

But don't think that will stop fans from demanding Rafa head next season when Masch is sold to be able to buy anything during the coming summer. League title, league title!
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:11 am

Shut up, you f*cking silly tart.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:13 am

andy_g wrote:don't worry yourselves too much people. that was a great result for man city and a terrible result for us. we really needed them to drop some points there, and we really needed chelsea to get some to prevent the mancs getting a new foothold at the top. city are the very definition of unpredictable though and will certainly drop as many unexpected points as they win. the nature of the league this season makes a mockery of predicting anything. all we have to do is keep our fingers crossed and go for as many wins as we can.

Very true.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:29 am

LFC2007 wrote:I don't think we'll make fourth :(  City and Spurs look far better sides and are caning the lesser teams but we can only manage draws and sh!tty performances that lack creative passing and uuuuumph :( .

:(

I dont think we will either. We seem to make so many games so much hard work.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:18 am

Aussie Style wrote:4-2 cracking game, penalties, red cards, just not the result we wanted.

Citeh could just as easily drop points in games we expect them to win, that wasn't as easy as the scoreline would suggest and the Chelsea keeper made two positional errors - a lot of keepers seem to move to far across (towards) their near post and can be slow to cover the far post.

Makes it absolutely sure we need to win today, put something resembling pressure on Citeh. Whether we can beat Chelsea at home is another matter, we don't play them soon enough to expect Cech to be missing and by then Hilario may have stopped making mistakes that are understandable if you are mostly on the bench.

As for those saying fourth is effectively over for us, nonsense. It's no more over than it was before Citeh won yesterday. Sunderland drew at old trafford, no reason they can't deny Citeh or Fulham at craven cottage who beat us and the mancs. To me it's like the media continually saying "they are out of the title race" one week, and "they are back in the title race" the next. To be out of it you have to be completely out of it, otherwise you're just not in pole position or struggling a bit. Or put another way, if you are "out of it" then you can't get "back in it" because you were never truly "out of it" - reference this season to Arsenal who've been "in" and "out of it" more times than a jack-in-the-box

As I said, it is out of our control. We're not "out of it", but we will rely on other results going our way as we've played villa, spudz and Citeh home and away.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leep33 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:36 am

We still have a good chance although i wa banking on Chelsea beating them.
leep33

Postby boodiddy1 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:34 pm

If pompey go bust then we'll gain out of it. cos all points will be deducted from teams that have beat them or drawn with them.

Someones plight, another mans gain! cud help for cl place:D
boodiddy1

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:45 pm

boodiddy1 wrote:If pompey go bust then we'll gain out of it. cos all points will be deducted from teams that have beat them or drawn with them.

Someones plight, another mans gain! cud help for cl place:D

Pompey won't go bust. If needs be they'll fulfil their fixtures with youth team members and settle for relegation.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mcmannyman » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:46 pm

its a sad state of affairs when we are banking on a team going bust to give us hope of finishing fourth. perhaps pompey could do as lots of us do and sell gold, im sure the players bling put togethr could sort the team out!It is a shame if they do collapse
Last edited by mcmannyman on Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcmannyman

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion