Rip brian clough - News just in

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Redrider » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:13 pm

The guy was a legend in taking bungs
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:35 pm

During a career in the media and management as long as his i can forgive the odd ridiculous statement. Can't deny though that as a manager, his achievements at Forest were nothing short of miraculous. Remember that at this time, we were a ****** hot team as well. This and his insistence on calling Teddy Sheringham 'Edward' at all times set him apart in my view.  :D
I too will have a pint in his honour tonight. I reckon if he's watching, and hee surely will be, he'll be cheering us on as well. He couldn't stand fergie any more than the rest of us. R.I.P. Cloughie, a football man through and through.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ROBtheRED » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:24 pm

RIP BRIAN CLOUGH

FOOTBALL HAS TODAY LOST A TRUE LEGENDARY CHARACTER
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the kop make you feel great. . .yet humble."   Mr B.Shankly
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fritzylfc » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:38 pm

one of the old school great manager, we had some great games over the years against derby and forest cloughie could get the best out of his players,he was never quite the same after leeds sacked him but there again neither have leeds.  RIP brian:( :(
fritzylfc

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:47 pm

One of the greats of the old game is gone, it seems that as year follows year more old men dissapear ('the black diamond' in 2002, John Charles last year, Brian Clough this year...) and someday there'll be none of them left here at all.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:58 pm

its sad he has gone, he was a great manager who should have been given the England job....but after what he said about Hillsborough i can't say i'm going to be lighting any candles.

AS i said, great manager who should have been in charge of England at his height.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:00 pm

wow, i'm almost glad to hear, so now i wont feel like ****** all day just cus liverpool lost, now someone died.....  :down:
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion