Stand up an believe

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:00 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:I think he will get sack if everton draw or beat us ....

i take it you'll be paying for that out of your own pocket then?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:00 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:and i look forward to Mr Guus Paul heart ...

Fixed it for yer.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheLad » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:02 pm

Ciggy wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:and i look forward to Mr Guus Paul heart ...

Fixed it for yer.

:D
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:09 pm

stmichael wrote:

What in the same way that we are all now having to pay for the fact that we are out of Europe?
heimdall

Postby Owzat » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:33 pm

heimdall wrote:
stmichael wrote:

What in the same way that we are all now having to pay for the fact that we are out of Europe?

A factor most blatantly ignore on here, or are unable of grasping, is the cost of going out of Europe and potentially not qualifying next season is more than the cost of sacking Rafa.

The cost in terms of humiliation and potential losses of players is something else that money probably can't measure. Rafa spends money, whether he makes a profit or not, in order to achieve SUCCESS. He's not doing it, whether he's in the red or in the black, whether you use net transfers or net curtains, whether you deem him lucky or unlucky, a good manager or bad, bottom line is he's not delivering what is required with the hand he's been dealt.

It's like a poker player who sets his sights on winning the jackpot, but starts off with slightly less chips than other players and isn't quite good enough or lucky enough to make good his starting deficit. The goal is to win the jackpot, no excuses can come from the poker player because he's got less chips because he knew what he was getting into from the off. Maybe it is about time Rafa acknowledged he isn't going to win the jackpot and folds.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:11 pm

Javier Mascherano has claimed Liverpool's players will not be demoralised by demotion to the second tier of European football but must take responsibility for the club's damaging early exit from the Champions League. With qualification for next season's competition essential for Rafael Benítez, the Argentina captain has called on Liverpool to turn the misery of Budapest into a sustained assault on a top-four finish and victory in the Europa League.

The impact of Champions League elimination on a squad accustomed to preparing for finals, semi-finals and quarter-finals under Benítez was the one assurance Christian Purslow could not provide in Hungary. Liverpool's managing director moved swiftly and smartly to soften Liverpool's fall in terms of providing guarantees over the manager's immediate future and the financial implications for a club heavily reliant on its income from European club football's premier tournament. Players' attitudes following their failure to reach the knockout stage for the first time under the Spaniard, however, are more ambiguous.

"It's a strange feeling for everyone at the club. We are all so very disappointed," said Mascherano. "The Champions League is a special competition for us but it's gone and we must keep going. Now we are in another competition and we will do all we can to win it. There will be no problem with motivation. The motivation is simply to play for Liverpool. We are representing a top side and we all want to do well for Liverpool. We need to show that we are good players. It's got nothing to do with motivation, every year we do our best to qualify for the Champions League."

The Liverpool midfielder echoed Benítez's assessment that, despite a campaign littered with injuries and distraction, the team had only themselves to blame for finishing third in Group E following two late goals against Lyon and a dreadful display at Fiorentina. He added: "We are out in the group stage but that can happen. Liverpool deserve more from us and that is why we will do our best to win the Europa League."

With his team currently 13 points adrift of the leaders Chelsea in the Premier League, and under severe pressure from Tottenham Hotspur, Aston Villa and Manchester City in pursuit of Champions League qualification, Benítez cannot afford despondency to linger among his squad. Liverpool went 10 league games without a win after they last exited the Champions League group stage, at Basle in 2002, and with a Merseyside derby to come at Goodison Park on Sunday, Mascherano believes a pivotal game awaits at Everton.

"We know that in the league we have got to start winning again because we are not in the top four," said the Argentinian, who impressed in the ultimately inconsequential defeat of Debrecen at Puskas Ferenc Stadion.

"That is strange for everyone at the club and all the supporters. In the last four years, we have always been in the top four, sometimes fighting for the title but always fighting to get into the Champions League. We need to start winning games and we know that we have got a very important game against Everton. We need to win it. We beat Debrecen to get a bit of confidence and now we have to take that forward.
Benny The Noon

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:13 pm

Easy to say when you are hoping for a move to another club anyway :(
account deleted by request

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:14 pm

Im unsure what to think of masher at the moment tbh - his agent seems to do a lot of talking but when ever i seen masher his body language during training etc looks like he is happy .
Benny The Noon

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:45 pm

heimdall wrote:
stmichael wrote:

Why what are you paying for like, When did you last pay to go an watch a game,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:53 pm

Ouch low blow - but valid
Benny The Noon

Postby made in UK » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:34 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Ouch low blow - but valid

"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Not at all - think its a valid point
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:38 pm

Unless heimdall means we as a club have to pay for going out - in a non money way . then he has a valid point as well .
Benny The Noon

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion