Derren brown - Simply wtf!

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Big Niall » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:56 pm

Bammo wrote:His whole show is about misdirection and misleading people thought. He openly admits he uses these techniques, he also admits that he lies about which he is using (eg saying it's AWP when it's really hypnotism).

If it had been billed as an hour long special on "how to fool gullible numpties" would there still be the moaning?

The programme lasted an hour. It was obvious he would do the reveal at the end. It'd be a terrible programme if the show consisted of:

"hello and welcome to the show where I reveal how I predicted the lottery. It was split screen. Now will you please watch for the remaining 59 minutes 50 seconds?"

He's an entertainer. He will NEVER fully reveal his methods or it will destroy his act. I think because he's open about techniques he uses people assume they'll be told the truth. You won't. That's all part of the trickery.

He should just do the tricks and not bother with the lies he later tells about how he did it.

the split screen lottery trick is really basic and not worthy of two hours of t.v.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum