Nice job

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:49 pm

A.B. wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
A.B. wrote:It was nice to see us win once again at Anfield. Great performance

I was surprised to see Alonso and Baros on the bench,possibly to rest them for Monaco. I think they were tired for this game so Rafa wanted to rest them for Monaco which is a probably true.

I think we have a good chance of beating Monaco if we continue playing as one, and a win over Manchester would be great as well.

Did you watch the game lad? If so you would see that the team selection was nothing to do with resting players, more to do with picking the best team to beat the baggies.

Luis Garcia was superb.

No I didn't watch the game, I stated that based on what I read.

Chill AB, it was not (and never has been) a personal attack, just a question.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:53 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
A.B. wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
A.B. wrote:It was nice to see us win once again at Anfield. Great performance

I was surprised to see Alonso and Baros on the bench,possibly to rest them for Monaco. I think they were tired for this game so Rafa wanted to rest them for Monaco which is a probably true.

I think we have a good chance of beating Monaco if we continue playing as one, and a win over Manchester would be great as well.

Did you watch the game lad? If so you would see that the team selection was nothing to do with resting players, more to do with picking the best team to beat the baggies.

Luis Garcia was superb.

No I didn't watch the game, I stated that based on what I read.

Chill AB, it was not (and never has been) a personal attack, just a question.

Reason why I said what I said is due to the international games, I am just drawing conclusions I didn't say I was correct. I was more surprised to see a player like Alonso on the bench then with Baros.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:58 pm

I watched the game from "The middle of the Kop" and I was impressed with Garcia, and also I thought Hamman was excellent, the competition for the two central midfield places makes me think that we will even be able to give Stevie G a rest at some stage this season, Alonso looks like he can do both the holding and the attacking role, and Hamman and Stevie have already showed us their capabilities.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby who the hell is diarra » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:46 pm

Garcia looks very promising. :)  :p
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:05 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:I watched the game from "The middle of the Kop" and I was impressed with Garcia, and also I thought Hamman was excellent, the competition for the two central midfield places makes me think that we will even be able to give Stevie G a rest at some stage this season, Alonso looks like he can do both the holding and the attacking role, and Hamman and Stevie have already showed us their capabilities.

Hi Leon , excellent evaluation of why Alonso was on the bench.

Against Bolton in the 2nd half Gerard was pushed out wide right to accommadate Hamann and Alonso and it didn't work as we failed to create anything of real note from that side and whatever Stevie said in the press about that Bolton game he WASN'T happy to be dispensed out on the right.

Hamann was probably a little fortunate to keep his place after a poor performance against Bolton but Benitez's inclusion of Dietmar was rewarded by a very good performance and for me Hamann was one of our best players agianst WBA.

Alonso has only been at the club a matter of weeks and will need time to get to know the players and the set up. Baros had played an international game midweek and Garcia was more than an able replacement with a determined and skilful display.

I wouldn't read too much into Baros and Alonso starting on the bench. This is a SQUAD game now and no player can expect to play every game (Gerard Excepted)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:23 am

I wouldn't read too much into Saturday's performance as we'll have a few more slip ups like we did at Bolton before our form sorts itself out.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion