Liverpool raid newcastle - Two signed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:46 pm

Fitness Coaches Hulse and Elliott Leave Newcastle For Liverpool
June 27th, 2009 by Ed Harrison · 7 Comments

It seems like the news at Newcastle United continues to get worse, as we hear today that strength and conditioning coaches Mark Hulse and his assistant, Robbie Elliott, have left St James’s Park just days before the start of pre-season training on Wednesday.

Robbie Elliott – local lad leaves Newcastle for Liverpool

It looks like Chris Hughton will be put in charge as caretaker manager on July 1, assisted by goalkeeping coach Paul Barron, and news today that Ashley may bring in Colin Calderwood.

Newcastle Academy coach Richard Money and his assistant Alan Thompson are the only other coaches that will be at the club’s Benton HQ on Wednesday to “welcome” the players back.

Mark Hulse is highly rated and and both coaches have been hired by Liverpool, and this will leave Newcastle with no fitness coaches at a time when fitness will be job one with the Newcastle players.

It seems like Hulse and Elliott were not able to obtain any guarantees from Ashley regarding their future roles at St James’s Park, and the two of them have opted to leave without that guarantee.

What a disgrace this is.

So it’s not only players we may lose in this period of vast uncertainty and zero leadership at the club.

A Newcastle  insider told the Chronicle:

“Both Mark and Robbie have moved on.” “All of it adds to the confusion at what is happening at the club at the moment and it will certainly be interesting to see how this changes the schedule.”

“Mark and Robbie were highly respected by the players and it will be interesting to see what the reaction is when they return next week.”

“With no manager in place either this is just another blow for them.” “These days everybody knows that strength and conditioning is extremely important in football.

“Not only to help prevent injuries but water intake and nutrition for each player comes into play.” “Every player has their own personal plan of action and it’s not just a case of a few laps round the pitch and games of five-a-side these days.”

“We’ve moved on, so while managers and players are still the ones who get the limelight, people like Mark and Robbie are probably the unsung heroes.”

As we’ve said before, if this was a normal business, which it isn’t,  both Ashley and LLambias would be out on their ears, for the gross management incompetency they continue to show in running the club.

The situation at Newcastle is getting to be extremely serious, and once again Mike Ashley has made a pig’s ear out of his job as Newcastle owner, and is now very seriously jeopardizing the club’s future.

One way to look at a business and measure how good the management is there, is to look at whether people are trying to get in or get out.  And of course they all seem to be wanting to leave Newcatsle right now, it’s seems that bad.

And who would want to come into a club in this sorry state?    Hey, are we still favorites to be promoted next season?

Ashley is certainly leaving the Newcastle club in complete disarray, and it doesn’t look like there’s much that can be done about the rapid downward spiral of the Newcastle club. The club seems out of control, or are we missing something?

Wednesday will indeed now be very interesting, and the players coming back will enter a terrible mess, which is the state of the Newcastle United club right now.

link

---------------------------------

Things could be worse, we could be Newcastle supporters  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby destro » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:53 pm

At least they can tell us what condition Owen is in just incase Raffa is interested of course :;):
destro

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:26 pm

we signed the Newcastle fitness coach! there players are always on the treatment table :D
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:43 pm

geez... I thought for a moment we've signed owen and martins... which wouldn't be a bad thing...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:24 pm

newcastle players have had a horrible time with having players not available for games the last few years......... ???
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm

maguskwt wrote:geez... I thought for a moment we've signed owen and martins... which wouldn't be a bad thing...

it wouldn't be a good thing neither.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:56 pm

The are some good Newscastle player that Rafa should loan like Steven Talyor , Martin , Fabricio Coloccini and Charles N'Zogbia.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:02 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:The are some good Newscastle player that Rafa should loan like Steven Talyor , Martin , Fabricio Coloccini and Charles N'Zogbia.

i don't want to be rude, but seriously, those players are :censored:!

The only one i would have would be Beye.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:25 pm

Also N'Zogbia plays for Wigan now :;): . If we do lose either Alonso or Masch though, we might look seriously into getting Nicky Butt on the cheap, as I feel he could provide us with a lot of... bwahaha sorry... can't go through with this with a straight face :D

Seriously though, as others have already pointed out Newcastle have had a horrible injury record these last couple of years (not that it is necessarily their fitness coach's fault)!
JamCar05

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:26 pm

JamCar05 wrote:Also N'Zogbia plays for Wigan now :;): . If we do lose either Alonso or Masch though, we might look seriously into getting Nicky Butt on the cheap, as I feel he could provide us with a lot of... bwahaha sorry... can't go through with this with a straight face :D

had me worried for a moment then  :D
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:51 am

Thread title is so misleading :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion