Liverpool complete signing of 15-year-old spanish - Jesus joaquin fernandez

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:02 pm

john craig wrote:Personally I think that our problem lies more in development of talent rather than recognition of talent.

Nail on head and this goes for a lot of clubs in the Premiership, not just us, the latest example being Daniel Sturridge going to Chelsea this week.

To be honest, I don't really blame him for wanting out of City. If City want to sign 8 strikers, and put him 9th in line then he's going to want some kind of compensation. Nobody can convince me that he's not equally as good as the likes of Jo, Benjani, Vassell, Bojinov etc.

However, he can't use the excuse that he's off in search of first team football because he's only marginally closer to that at Chelsea: he's followed the coin. In other words, Chelsea will pay him more to sit on the bench. No ambition, really, because I'll bet that other clubs would pay him less and play him more. How's he supposed to develop? SWP and Scott Parker come to mind.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:33 pm

Anyway back on topic -

Will agree about Sturridge - to mean he just seems greedy now - he will be behind Anelka and Drogba and whoever else Ancelotti brings in so he has taken a step to gain more money for himself ,55 grand a week for a guy who has done nothing !?!?! and has just followed in the likes of SWP,Bridge etc whose career took two steps backwards when they joined chelsea .

He is a decent player but not 55 grand a week worth .
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:35 pm

Anyway, coming back to the lengthly post, am I right in thinking that you are saying that even though we produced the odd player here and there, the majority of our first teamers were bought in? If that was the point of it, then I agree with that. That said, it's hardly surprising really is it? I'm not sure too many people are demanding that our whole first team is home produced, just an occasional player every now and then is what most are looking for.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:17 pm

GYBS wrote:Anyway back on topic -

Will agree about Sturridge - to mean he just seems greedy now - he will be behind Anelka and Drogba and whoever else Ancelotti brings in so he has taken a step to gain more money for himself ,55 grand a week for a guy who has done nothing !?!?! and has just followed in the likes of SWP,Bridge etc whose career took two steps backwards when they joined chelsea .

He is a decent player but not 55 grand a week worth .

:no
Completely disagree with you again. How can he be greedy when he is behind 11 forwards at City ? (they'll probably sign more). At Chelsea, he'll at least get some cup games and subs appearances. At City he has no chance whatsoever.
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:26 pm

He is demanind 55 grand a week - Chelsea play one striker - drogba or anelka - acnelotti is looking to bring pato in and also they are looking at villa plus i expect they will get another striker - an established striker . so i would suggest he gets hardly any game time and will be like all the others who go there on big wages - sitting on his backside earning 55 grand a week . If he was really ambitious and wanted to get first team football then he would of moved onto a villa or an everton or a hull or bolton where he would play most weeks but of course he wouldnt get the 55 grand a week he is demanding . there is the greedy part - 55 grand a week for someone who has done nothing in his football career so far.55 grand a week for some sub appearance and cup games - yeah thats really movinig to develop your career isnt it .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:51 pm

dont think Chelsea are paying him 55K... his condition to staying at ManCity was them paying him 55K which he knew they wouldnt.... Dont think he's at Chelsea for the money though... think they'll probably loan him out for a season and then bring him into the mix next season when Drogba is well into his 30s and probably on his way out of England ... dont think many prem. sides with any ambitions would have Sturridge as a starter week in week out...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:54 pm

I reckon i might putter a tenner on him ending up at spurs or bolton etc within two seasons .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:42 am

Well I think it's high time we began booking ourselves a seat on the bleachers of Seattle's Soccer ground, touring round Washington and checking out how much technical ability their kids have got. Five years ago everything French was where it was all at, then everything Spanish, now presumeably after the Confederations Cup win we'd all better start practicing our "side volleys". Goodness only knows what will happen if we prevail in Sotuh Africa under Capello, there'll be a mad scramble to see if there's any decent kids playing at Whiston Boys Club. It'll be just like the old times.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:27 am

Just a quick question here for Gybs... who are the best players in the premier league today ?

Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard certainly top that list imo... then you have the likes of Essien, Torres, Drogba... Then the likes of Fabregas, Vidic, A.Young, Robinho, Ferdinand...etc

If sides can bring out the likes of Rooney, M.richards,Walcott, A.Young, Lennon, Agbonlahor... etc who are all good enough imo to be part of our squad then i just have to wonder where all the 'theres no young talent coming out of england atm' BS is coming from... Just because the national side has been poorly managed until recently doesnt mean that England arent producing quality players anymore ?! Gerrard, Rooney, Ferdinand, Terry, Ashley Cole and Lampard would walk into any side in world club football today... they're all top player who are some of the best in the world in what they do... Maybe the problem isnt  in the English players as much as it is in our apparent fascination with everything foreign ..  You have clubs like ManCity, Everton, WESTHAM, even Boro and Utd bringing in quality local talent regularly... maybe we're just not handling our players correctly or just notdoing that good a job bringing in the exciting local talent to our club...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:28 am

Yes they are decent english players but then compare them to the best in the world and i reckon one gets in the top ten players in the world maybe two at a push with rooney - everyone else is a lower standard compared to the top argentinians or brazilians or spanish , german , french etc .

You can go through every top english player and i bet bar one maybe two you will find someone better than them in the world.

Players like Lennon,Walcott,Young,Agbonlahor Richards etc are just decent young english players who havent proved anything - Players like messi and augero are prob younger than most of them yet already world stars .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:38 pm

Picking up on Big Mick's suggestion that there's something exotic about foreign players that appeals, I thought that this article from Football365 was interesting.  Could it be that the author has a point: that, for all the quality of its football, the Premier League lacks the same appeal to the top foreign lads (I would make a slight quibble about her view on Torres but otherwise...)?  And, if that's true, is there not a case to be made for getting them in young in hopes that they'll be the next Fabregas or Ronaldo rather than trying to bring them over when at or near the very peak of their powers? 

Premier League Lacks The Sex Factor...
Posted 26/06/09 12:31
EmailPrintSave

Kaka to Man City? David Villa to Man United? Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Chelsea? It's all fantastic craic but never, ever going to happen. It's got nothing to do with Alistair Darling's tax plans or the weakness of the pound, and everything to do with history telling us that world-class foreign footballers at the peak of their powers do not want to join English clubs.

We have to either get them early (Ronaldo, Cesc Fabregas), desperate (Dennis Bergkamp, Robinho) or when their careers have long since peaked (Michael Ballack, Andriy Shevchenko). After racking our brains for all of seven minutes, the only obvious exception to the rule is the then-coveted Juan Veron. And how did that go again?

Even Fernando Torres had played only a handful of Champions League matches for Atletico Madrid when he joined Liverpool - he was still being filed under 'promising' - while other current Premier League stars like Michael Essien, Didier Drogba and Xabi Alonso have become world-renowned players while in England. And what happens as soon as they reach that level? They're linked to big clubs in Europe, of course.

We'll credit Mailbox regular Mike Christie with doing the research legwork but his claim that every World Player of the Year barring Lothar Matthaus has played for Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan or Juventus (or moved there within the year) is telling. We may have the strongest quartet of teams in Europe, but there's still a quartet of sexier teams that have a pull foreign players cannot resist.

Whether it's the weather, the food, the language, the isolation of being an island or whatever, there's no way the likes of Kaka or Villa will come to England unless they are desperate for either redemption or money. To pretend otherwise might sell newspapers, but it fools nobody who has been following English football for more than five minutes.

This is not a shift in the balance of power - it's the status quo. Ronaldo is leaving the Champions League finalists for a team that won nothing last season because Real Madrid has a lure, and it's not just the money. It's Real f***ing Madrid. Whatever United win, that still sounds sexier to anyone but Paul Scholes.

The tabloids have to perpetuate the myth that the Premier League is the world's biggest draw so they will throw names like David Villa and Sergio Aguero around like confetti, but sensible folk know that someone like Klaas-Jan Huntelaar is a likelier signing for United and fits a type - northern European and seriously miffed.

Samuel Eto'o may well buck a trend but if he does join Manchester City it will patently be for the cash, and they will have to make him England's highest-paid player to get him here. That's not the balance of power, unless the power you're talking about is the power of money.

Sarah Winterburn
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby manuel » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:46 pm

Here's some information:

Surname: Fernández Sáenz de la Torre
Name: Jesús Joaquín
Nickname: Suso
Born: 03.04.1993
Nacionality: Spain
Position: Defensive Midfielder

Here it says too that he has signed a contract which ties him up up to June 2014
There's no more info about him on Internet, so may not be so impressive....
manuel

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion